Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: GIMP help

Lant is graphics god. She make a sig on paint and make people want it.

lol dagger.

i used that light filter called Gflare? i forgot, but it was way better than photoshop lighting filters.

oh yeah, is it possible to 'Apply Image' in GIMP? apply image is when you have like ten layers and you want to have a new layer that's how the current image looks like. So it's kind of like flattening the image but instead, you add the flattened image to the top and still saves all the original layers.

GIMP is pretty cool for a free program

Blog Entries

I don't know... Try 'Dialogs' and see in Layer but I think it's not possible!

Ten layers possible...Although I dunno what you meant but I don't think it's possible.

想要對妳說的 不敢說的愛

i was just using 10 as an example. I think i can work my way around it.

is GIMP supposed to take up a lot of memory? my laptop is freezing as i type because i was working with GIMP.

Blog Entries

Usually it blocks on my computer! An advice don't let GIMP open for a long time!

OMG we're teaching Lant!

lol, it's what happens when photoshop dies. Now that i think about it... i might never get to use photoshop again if they format my harddrive. Then, i'll just bomb whoever formatted it

oh yeah, GIMP just froze completely and killed off my sig. talk about a laggy computer.

Blog Entries

Yeah that happens a lot with me I lost tons of sigs coz GIMP blocked Bad things about a free programm!

I had that problem too..I thought it was my com lacking memory but it seems you all had that kinda problem..so I think it's just normal..

想要對妳說的 不敢說的愛

Quote Originally Posted by atlanteay View Post
    oh yeah, is it possible to 'Apply Image' in GIMP? apply image is when you have like ten layers and you want to have a new layer that's how the current image looks like. So it's kind of like flattening the image but instead, you add the flattened image to the top and still saves all the original layers.
    If I understand you correctly: Get your ten layers, click edit -> Copy visible, edit -> paste, and assign the floating pasted layer to a new layer by later -> new layer. I dunno if there's a more elegant way of doing it mind you, but that's what came to mind and seemed to work pretty easily when I just tried it on three layers and the combined image sat on top of the three other layers.

Quote Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
    Yeah that happens a lot with me I lost tons of sigs coz GIMP blocked Bad things about a free programm!
    hehe, I wish GIMP could autosave...
    Last edited by Little Blue; 07-12-2007 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by atlanteay View Post
    lol dagger.

i used that light filter called Gflare? i forgot, but it was way better than photoshop lighting filters.

GIMP is pretty cool for a free program
    I always flatten my sigs after each step. it's the way I roll.

How do you change stuff in earlier layers then? If you flatten it don't you lose the ability to manipulate the layers and have to undo until you get back to them all seperated again? I don't see what's wrong with keeping the layers as layers and only flatten when you're saving to jpg or whatever format you choose, other than the drain on memory that is...

but that's the way she rolls

ah, thanks Little Blue. Copy visible is exactly like apply image only you don't have to paste in PS XD

Too many layers makes me nervous.

Er..may I ask if you guys had a picture of Sora handed a 'lucky charm' to Kairi?I've been finding but failed..

想要對妳說的 不敢說的愛