Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: GIMP help

is this the one?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yeah..thanks..How did you find it?You print screen is it?Can you teach me because I fail to save my print screen as a picture..

想要對妳說的 不敢說的愛

you can't use PrintScreen for videos. You'll have to turn off hardware acceleration for that and it's too much hassle. I take my screenshots with VLC player. It can view most videos and has a built-in screen snapper.

Blog Entries

I have a doubt about text Stroking! Everytime I use the tool Stroke outline instead of creating an outline it covers half of the text! How can I put a normal outline in the text?

Blog Entries

Yes but the like the bg of the image in black! The text in white and the outline in blue

yeah, i changed the bg to white because it was transparent at first. Anyways,

you have to set the foreground to the color of the stroke you want and the background to the color of the text.

Then, you delete the background layer and make a new transparent layer.

New layer again, put the text in. Merge down the text layer to the invisible layer because the text layer has that restriction box around it that would affect the stroking.

Then right click on the text layer and select "Alpha To Selection"

Go to Edit> Stroke Selection

Pick the stroke style and edge style you want and press ok.

It would fill the entire text and stroke to the foreground color. So go to Edit> Fill with BG color (white)

then, make another layer beneath it and fill it with black. If your sig is already black, then you can skip this step.

Blog Entries

Cool thanks Lant No one in GIMPtalk solved the problem Thanks

Can't you just click create path with text (with the text layer active), create a new layer and stroke path. That should give you a layer of text outline that you can work with how you wish. eg, colour fill inside and out on duplicate layers if you want to preserve the original outline on a seperate layer, or am I just rambling a bit
    Last edited by Little Blue; 07-16-2007 at 08:16 PM.

Blog Entries
    Last edited by Polaris; 08-08-2007 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Forgot the credits!

Blog Entries

Ok I know you've heard me saying that there is a new GIMP 2.4 that can use PS brushes.... and it's correct ^^ Here's the link to the website where you can download and also see the new stuff that the programm has!^^

Check here if you're interested ^^

GIMP 2.4 Release Notes

GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program - for the download

(it's totally free, and it's just and update, so the old gimp won't fade, when downloading some old files will removal or updated)

- please notice that the desgin will be somehow new and some things will be out of place!

My GIMP is not working. I will open a file or paste one on, and I will try to use the square to crop the image, and it won't let me. It won't let me do anything.

Re-installed the gimp in case there was a virus, and it still is not working.

Does anyone know why this is?

Blog Entries

Which version of GIMP is it?

version 2.4 I believe.

Blog Entries

Yeah me as well! When you use the knife button you should select the square around the image and and let go the mouse click Where did you made the download of GIMP?