Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FF6 Remake

FF6 Remake

Reading the FF7 remake thing made me think of this. I used to dream that the FF6 remake that they made for playstation was gonna be 3d. I mean, I had visions of Setzer in Kefka's tower running around in his big ol' pimpin' coat. Since it's unlikely they will ever remake FF6, let's dream about what we would want in out remake of FF6, shall we? For me:

3d, with the option of voice-overs or text. And orchestrated versions of the music. Extra ways of actually getting certain characters, like Leo for example, or Banon. Maybe a few extra Superbly difficult boss. Or even better, a difficulty setting that would allow some unlockables of some sorts.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

No 3D for me. Part of the magic of FFVI is it's 2D awesomeness. I wouldn't mind seeing what they could do to beef up the 2D graphics, similar to how Castlevania SotN has really pretty graphics.

Considering the music is already orchestrated and they had to take the quality down to make it work on the SNES I would just want to hear the music at a better quality level.

I also would like the difficulty level increased, along with the Czar Dragon making an appearance, possibly at the end of a super hard bonus dungeon.

And lastly if this was remade it would be best to be remade on a portable system rather than a home console.
    Figaro Castle

I would like to see Mog..using a spear 3 times the size of his body...

That and the final battle would look pretty good in 3D...

every day i see my dream Bowser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet
    No 3D for me. Part of the magic of FFVI is it's 2D awesomeness. I wouldn't mind seeing what they could do to beef up the 2D graphics, similar to how Castlevania SotN has really pretty graphics.

Same here.
    eh?

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Wait, what about the possible PSP remake they were rumoring about some time ago?

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet

Considering the music is already orchestrated and they had to take the quality down to make it work on the SNES I would just want to hear the music at a better quality level.

I also would like the difficulty level increased, along with the Czar Dragon making an appearance, possibly at the end of a super hard bonus dungeon.

And lastly if this was remade it would be best to be remade on a portable system rather than a home console.
    Agreed on everything but the handheld idea. I haven't bought a handheld since the Gameboy Color and honestly play handheld games so little that they're a waste of money for me. Although I do think you're right that from a sales perspective, the only way this idea would happen is on a handheld. On consoles they'd be almost guarenteed to do things like 3D and voiceovers (ugh).

well considering this whole idea of the Square-enix Nintendo port project, it would not surprise me if it comes out for the GBA which I think would actually be a great idea!

THE JACKEL

Iff FFVI was remade in 3-D, it would lose some of its former glory since.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

I dont see why everyones bent on remakes of any of the final fantasys. Why pay what would probably be twice as much money for the same game? You already know whats going to happen. Plus as was said before, a remake would lose its former glory. That goes for all the ff's.

But if there ever was a remake then I would like it exactly the same with maybe a couple of new summons, weapons and places to visit. Oh and the movie scenes a part of the game instead of just some thing you earn at the end.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

If they DID remake it I would want them to crank up the graphics to the highest possible level. What this means essentially is that I'd want 2D full screen animation all the time. Enemies would be fully and fluidly animated during battle scenes (think Xenogears only higher quality), Espers would have ENTIRELY NEW animations, the opera scene would be fully orchestrated and vocalized as well as feature completely unique to the scenario animations, characters would actually move while standing still in battle (a non-static fighting stance, again, think Xenogears), and everything that was previously broken should be re-done. Kefka needs to be stronger, the 8 dragons need to be stronger, desperation attacks need to do more damage, and they need to generally re-adjust the balance of the game. If they didn't do that, I think nothing more than a straight port of the game should be done.

PS: Oh, and a script correction to fix the censorship and blatant Woolsey-isms.

PPS: No, I'm NOT jumping on the Woolsey bashing bandwagon. His script was VERY good, but I think American audiences are ready to handle names like "Catoblepas" and "Lakshmi".

PPPS: On second though, most Americans would probably get all up in arms about the Esper named "Jihad", people tend to be stupid about things like that.

On second though, most Americans would probably get all up in arms about the Esper named "Jihad", people tend to be stupid about things like that.
    Unless they called it Crusader, then it would be acceptable. After all, it's okay for Christians to kill Muslims, but not vice-versa.

If anything, I would like to see FF VII, VIII, and IX re-released in 2D for the GBA

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'd love to see Amano designes standing out more than ever. Kinda like in Kartia, but better.

Quote Originally Posted by Prancing Mad
    Reading the FF7 remake thing made me think of this. I used to dream that the FF6 remake that they made for playstation was gonna be 3d. I mean, I had visions of Setzer in Kefka's tower running around in his big ol' pimpin' coat. Since it's unlikely they will ever remake FF6, let's dream about what we would want in out remake of FF6, shall we? For me:

3d, with the option of voice-overs or text. And orchestrated versions of the music. Extra ways of actually getting certain characters, like Leo for example, or Banon. Maybe a few extra Superbly difficult boss. Or even better, a difficulty setting that would allow some unlockables of some sorts.
    I THINK IT WOULD BE AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *sigh* to bad it's not gonna happen

Which FF Character Are You?
    Second Character: celes
    Third Character: vivi
    Beware I am a chocolate junkie and also a little You have been warned.
    WHOOOOO!!!!!!! SHCOOLS OUT FOR SUMMER!!!!

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crossblades
    If anything, I would like to see FF VII, VIII, and IX re-released in 2D for the GBA
    You know, I'm actually not opposed to that idea at all...