Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Root Beer feedback.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Root Beer feedback.

Alright. A&W has been getting a nice growth in activity. However, what's bothering me a bit is the increase of threads about signatures. I'm pretty sure they're just show-offs, but if Signature threads are to be allowed, shouldn't the forum's description be updated so that showcasing signatures is allowed?

Currently, the descriptions states the following: This is where you may post your own drawings, or stories or poems which you have come up with. You may also post discussions on works of art and root beer here.

And no where do I read "signatures and other computer created art" on that description. Of course, I don't think it would hurt to add something along that line if showcasing signatures are allowed. I don't have anything wrong with that, but going by the forum's description, there is nothing that says those threads are allowed. I also think they should be limited to one signature thread per member.

Oh and by the way, root beer owns you.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

I thought works of art did the job fine. Thats just me though.

Showing off sigs may be fine, but its probably the rate your sig threads that are not allowed

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, there are too many signature threads. Anyone can make signatures. I just don't think that one should create threads just for one signature. They're free to make threads to showcase signatures they had created, but making a thread for every "new" signature is a bit ridiculous. Thus, I think they should be limited to one per member, just to showcase every signature created.

My new signature rocks by the way. First one I ever made myself.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Some of the signatures people have made are pretty good, and certainly nothing I could do. These threads seem to be getting good response and don't appear to be interfering with the other topics in there, but I wouldn't be opposed to limiting them to one per member.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I agree, I would just want to request a possible addition of showcasing signatures in the forum's description, and limiting one thread per member for showcasing signatures.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I cannot change descriptions, but I will merge some of the multiple threads together.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm aware that mods can't change forum descriptions, but I know one of the admins can do that.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

They can, but they won't.

Blog Entries

I know a lot of this is my fault ( ), I just wanted to show off some of my sigs, but thanks to Del, my threads are merged. But isn't it a good thing that the A&W is increasing in activity? I mean, isn't it nice to see that it's catching up without spam threads?

Sorry to say this but I think that this complain thread is stupid, I wasn't spamming or anything... so I don't see the problem, really, come on guys, just as the A&W is getting more popular you moan and bitch about it... seriously, cut it out.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Huh? Chirs, you seem like a good kid. Do you think that last paragraph was the best way to voice your concerns?

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder
    Some of the signatures people have made are pretty good, and certainly nothing I could do. These threads seem to be getting good response and don't appear to be interfering with the other topics in there, but I wouldn't be opposed to limiting them to one per member.
    I agree with everything here, except for the part about nothing I could do because my signatures rawk.

One thread per person is as it should be, but I don't agree with changing the forum description because these signatures are works of art, but once you add in something about signatures then we will more than likely be inundated with those threads even more than we are now.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder
    Huh? Chirs, you seem like a good kid. Do you think that last paragraph was the best way to voice your concerns?
    I am sorry but its just frustrating to hear that people actually are annoyed by something I've put my heart into. It's a little childish yes, but I can't help the way I feel. Lately I've felt that EoFF's rules are too strict, I don't feel I can fully enjoy my time here. Yes, there has to be rules and of course there has to be someone who makes sure that they're obayed, but when it all comes down to it, isn't EoFF a place where people come together to have fun?

I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

You do know this is about the difference between having four threads for your work and having one, right? Either way it still gets posted. Or perhaps you are using this small issue to vent your harbored general frustrations? If you feel the rules here are too strict, you are free to either create a feedback thread to discuss the specifics of them in a rational manner, or leave. Be warned, though, the first option would most likely involve a lot of Raistlin.