Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: need a good mmo

Default need a good mmo

hi guys i'm back if any of you remeber me...but i have been busy with my dad having cancer and all... ok anyway anyone know a free RO server or phantasy star online free? i had a lvl80 char in ROSE online that account got hacked =/ and i here game got reset and chaged now well i have tryed most of the games on onrpg.com and am just looking for a good game untill sealonline comes to usa or rakion opens beta test again...well if anyone knows a good free online game plz let me know thx ^^

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Don't bother with either and come play Guild Wars instead, the thinking man's MMO.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Soylent green is people! Wiegrahf42's Avatar

here here, Guild wars for Dwayna's sake!
    "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here this is the War room"

Guild Wars blows ass. Get WoW.

edit: Oh. Free.

Still Wow > *
    lol signature

Get FFXI and / or GW. You could even try out some other ones listed in www.mmorpg.com but what ever you do don't play WoW - it sucks, I played it for half a year on and off.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

dont play FFXI
    -- that game takes eons of time which = money
    (ie. takes ~3 months for a new player to get their class to lvl 30, then you get other classes to choose from, but only after doing [in many cases] immensely long or expensive or difficult quests, where after doing them you get to actually LEVEL the class you recieve which may take more arround 1 month to get to lvl 30, oh, and btw, the cap is 75. then there's the money-making problem w/ all the chinese gil farmers... get the picture?)

dont play WoW
    -- that game's over too quickly
    -- if you DO play WoW, go for a PvP server, that'll bring some length to the game

now, guildwars, it's not a bad game unless you're looking for a very addictive MMO, because i played it and frankly (even tho i did not get to lvl 20 which is cap and where the PVP takes place) i didnt find that there was anything drawing me back to the game.

I played this one free MMO called Knight Online (i think was the name) which was merely okay. ya might wanna take a look, but again, nothing addictive about it and it was a little buggy

lol, sorry i cant give ya any positive feedback -- iim not really into the MMO scene atm
    im still waiting for LOTR Online to come out -- looks sweet ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by annslow41
    lol, sorry i cant give ya any positive feedback -- iim not really into the MMO scene atm
    im still waiting for LOTR Online to come out -- looks sweet ^_^
    Chances are if you're not into MMO's, then you'll always find things to nitpick. In a lot of MMO's, it requires time and patience for repetitiveness - FFXI is a good example of this, but just because it is doesn't make it any less of a good game. It actually has a really deep and thought out plot and it'd only take me a week or so to get to level 30. It's really only the first time playing that you take a long time, because you're getting to know everything.

WoW, I agree, there's no depth or length to the game and it gets old extremely fast.

GW's, well I haven't play it yet, it looks reasonable and I've heard good things about it. I actually bought it just then, just waiting for my sister to bring it home for me.

I've played random MMO's like ROSE, Graal Online, RO, Runescape, etc. They're alright for a little bit of fun, but I never really thought they matched up to something I've bought. Even EQII was alright compared to some of these, and I really didn't like EQII.

Anyways, try out a few MMO's, hopefully most of them have trials (which FFXI is currently getting). Just see what one you like to play, it's different for everyone - lots of different types of MMO's out there to enjoy. =)

Edit:
    Okay reading over what you said about FFXI: You have it all wrong. I guess you didn't play the game for too long, did you?

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Whatever you do, don't play Everquest. If you do, demons will eat your babies. It's true.

Quote Originally Posted by DJZen
    Whatever you do, don't play Everquest. If you do, demons will eat your babies. It's true.

xD

and oh yeah FFXI would probably be the best MMO. Takes some time but well worth it. Community is much better than WoW. Gameplay, plot, etc....I love FFXI
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Everyday I wish that I could be the one, for you...

dont play FFXI
    -- that game takes eons of time which = money
    (ie. takes ~3 months for a new player to get their class to lvl 30, then you get other classes to choose from, but only after doing [in many cases] immensely long or expensive or difficult quests, where after doing them you get to actually LEVEL the class you recieve which may take more arround 1 month to get to lvl 30, oh, and btw, the cap is 75. then there's the money-making problem w/ all the chinese gil farmers... get the picture?)
    Maybe you just suck no offense, it doesnt ever take that long to get to 30 even when i was in beta testing and didnt know what i was doing. Money making is not hard once you find a way, just make the money, its no walk in the park as real money should. >_>

I too recommend FFXI if you have the time to spare on it. Its a really rewarding game in the long term and if you have good social contacts you can easily have even more fun as FFXI is all about friends and social interaction as well as a deep plot once you get into it. I havent played WoW..but from what i heard its kinda more of a cheap thrill/easy rewards which doesnt make you finishing a quest anything special. Its good for casual i guess at least thats what a friend told me. GW i have no opinion on.

But usually free MMO = subpar MMO.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Play Guild wars and join "the guild."

or ill stalk you like melandrus stalker stalks melandru. :\
    Last edited by Markus. D; 10-07-2005 at 04:04 AM. Reason: typos

I have one of these now. Epiphany's Avatar

Guild wars is indeed a good game, that I USED to play (I'm on a laptop and I have a nice little inventory-crash-glitch that makes it very..aggrivating, to say the least). Thought it's not particularly free, since you have to buy it retail.

There aren't very many good TOTALLY free MMOs out there. I've played a ton of MMOs, and the games that seemed to be promising were in beta stages at such time. Those games are now out of beta and have gone P2P(Pay to play). I've still yet to find another good, totally free MMO.

Originality is good, kids.

lol if i got a job or somthing ff11 would be the first mmo i would choose but the thing is i dont have any $ so i need a good free 1...thx for the tips but i dont have any cash lol and yeah i know most free 1s suck...i play a game called gunzonline its like a 3rd person shooter thats really fun and ROSE online was a blast till my account got hacked and my lvl3 clan kicked me from it for asking about hax xD anyway i guees i will wait for sealonline to come to use and rakoin to open beta again thx for the tips people^^

P.S. if anyone knows a free RO server then let me know plz lol
    and i hear pso is good so if anyone knows a free server for that or anyother free games u think are good
    Last edited by dufflebag; 10-09-2005 at 10:13 PM.

I have one of these now. Epiphany's Avatar

Ah, I totally forgot to tell you the RO server. I used FaithRO for ages, and it's still around. Pretty good server.

Oh, and. I adore Gunzonline. Probably the funnest free MMO everrr.

Originality is good, kids.

i used to play Runescape, which was fun 4 awhile... but got boring when you had nothing to do cause you can't explore 4/5 of the map or quests without paying. built a high lvl miner to make money and items. A powerful mage, a prayer beast and an archer. unfortunately prayer beast is the best of the 3 for f2p, caus the items you need are all availible in the f2p world. mages in f2p are limited to which spells you can use... and the f2p archer has much weaker armor and bows than p2p does. I did p2p for a few months but got bored even though i was able to buy everything i wanted with my miner.