Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Photoshop Lessons and Sig MAKING Help

yeah i get ya,ok thanks Owen!

Bah. For some reason, when I try to use text, the text comes out really tiny regardless of the font size. What's the problem?

the image resolution. In Resize Image, change the part about Resolution to 72 in/px

i don't have photoshop opened so i can't give a very detailed explanation.

Ah, that fixed it. It was set to 2.1 or something. :P Thanks.

after spending 15 minutes searching for good LJ icon tutorials, i've finally decided to actually ask for help rather than plain searching =P

i would like to know how the icons went from:

to

to

the first set isn't the same exact images but the colors are basically the same. I'd like to know how these people managed to get that bright and soft color. It's so vivid compared to the original but i can't seem to get that effect.

Well, I've had issues finding icon tutorials, but LJ has a bunch, since I spend my days there most of the time, I would know xD. If you have searched there, whoops. You could go to icon_extra's maybe, if you haven't already:

http://community.livejournal.com/icon_extras/

There's a bunch of coloring tutorials there. =D

i'm giving up,
    on the entire human race....

woot!! i found out how! thanks liz!

it's through selective coloring. I always ignored it because it was ironically ineffective :mog:

Glad I could help.

i'm giving up,
    on the entire human race....

I have a lot of questions don't i? This one is about getting renders to look smudgy and almost like cartoonish feel.

Notice in this sig, the character with blue hair looks kind of blurry and has this odd brushing on her that makes her look like she was painted. How can i achieve that effect?

I just downloaded some textures from one of the links here, and im not sure how to upload textures onto the program??

Also, sephiroths clone, i want to get effects like those on your tutorial, but i dont even know how to change to filter brush stroke spatter... i cant find it in my settings anywhere, is it made for a specific program?
    Last edited by samboo1; 04-14-2007 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by samboo1 View Post
    Also, sephiroths clone, i want to get effects like those on your tutorial, but i dont even know how to change to filter brush stroke spatter... i cant find it in my settings anywhere, is it made for a specific program?
    it's made for photoshop. Paintshop Pro *might* have those settings under effects but i'm not 100% sure.

Quote Originally Posted by atlanteay View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by samboo1 View Post
    it's made for photoshop. Paintshop Pro *might* have those settings under effects but i'm not 100% sure.
    Thanks, but nah i still dont see it, anyway i carried on the tutorial past that before and there's a lot of things that i dont understand so ive left it lol.

^ you can just gather a list of things you don't understand and list them here. Lots of us can help you.

Thank you, but it would be a pretty big list, i dont understand anything about photoshop, although i really want to learn some new techniques, the things i know now are nothing, because i kinda make up my own way of doing things when i make signatures etc...

I think ill have to start learning what things mean, or finding my own way of doing it, before i can understand it lol.

i always found this site to be extremely helpful. It might help you with photoshop.