Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Photoshop Lessons and Sig MAKING Help

To download the gimp for windoze

1: goto http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/stable.html
    2: you need to download and install GTK +2 for windows
    3: Download the GIMP and install it.

Have fun. Remember though, the gimp is VERY different than photoshop. It is not a full out replacement, but it sure as hell can do most anything if you get involved and find specialized plug ins for it. The base gimp is great, in iteself.

Bipper

Quote Originally Posted by bipper
    To download the gimp for windoze

1: goto http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/stable.html
    2: you need to download and install GTK +2 for windows
    3: Download the GIMP and install it.

Have fun. Remember though, the gimp is VERY different than photoshop. It is not a full out replacement, but it sure as hell can do most anything if you get involved and find specialized plug ins for it. The base gimp is great, in iteself.

Bipper
    alright when i clicked to install gtk + 2 it brought me here: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/g...p.zip?download
    what mirrior do i select??

''I just wanna protect the people I'm with. Doesn't matter whether I can or not. It's what I believe in." -Zidane, FFIX
    "We live not to forget our past, but to learn from it!" -Freya, FFIX
    Pssst! i make free sigs and avatars!

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Any mirror you like, they've all got the same stuff, being mirrors Of course, mirrors physically closer to you (e.g. same country) should be faster to download from, so try them first
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Default photoshop

Hi, I want to give some lessons of photoshop to the people who want to learn it or who are love it- if you don`t mind. So I want to give one lesson every week- step by step. what do you think? please I want to hear your point of view, so don`t shy.

The Six Heros
    "Train Train Take us away...Take us away away away"

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

There is already a thread that is sort of for this sort of thing so I will merge the two and you can post your Photoshop lessons.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

Quote Originally Posted by Starry Relm
    The basics of blending. ^^ I wrote this a long time ago though, just edited it a bit. Let me know if you have any questions.

Open photoshop, then open a new canvas (if you go for a sig, try about 400x150 pixels)
    Open your image, go to the selection tool (the square thing in the upper left hand corner)
    Then you should see a box that says feather toward the top and 0 px inside the feathering box. Put in an amount (I usually use about 30) and select the part of the image you want. The dotted square should turn into a circle like shape. Then go to edit, cut, and paste it onto your empty canvas. The edges should be faded. You can do that with multiple images and place them on the same canvas and they'll look blended together.
    Use the move tool (the arrow with the 4 mini arrows attached to it next to the selection tool) to move particular images around to your liking. Select different layers to edit particular images on the canvas.
    Thanks a bunch starry relm that really helped my sigs are way better now

i'm giving up,
    on the entire human race....

Quote Originally Posted by Leeza
    There is already a thread that is sort of for this sort of thing so I will merge the two and you can post your Photoshop lessons.
    Thanks. Would you mind showing it to me, please?

The Six Heros

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

They're already merged. Continue on.

is gimp free?

''I just wanna protect the people I'm with. Doesn't matter whether I can or not. It's what I believe in." -Zidane, FFIX
    "We live not to forget our past, but to learn from it!" -Freya, FFIX
    Pssst! i make free sigs and avatars!

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Yup

Post How to transform picture in to soft light?

Ok, here`s the first lesson as I said. Before we`ll start, I want to say that I`ll teach you what I have learnt, and I will put a new lesson in any day of week. Ok, here we go.

Step 1:Choose any image you like and let`s chooseSquall`s image.

Step 2:Squall`s image size is 350 pixels x 263 pixels. Create a new file with File> New, or Control+N. Then put these sizes as this diagram.

Step 3:We need putting these sizes because we want the image size like the image size of Squall`s image.
    Note: you may choose any image which their sizes are 500 x 200, or 400 x 300, etc.

Step 4o to Squall`s image and press the Rectangular Marquee Tool (M), or press M which you`ll find it on the keyboard, as the diagram shows

Step5:Then, use select all by right click on Squall`s imgae and it will show you this

Step 6:After that, use Control+C which means copy. Go to the empty image size picture and press Control+V which means paste.

Step 7:And now, the empty image size picture becomes a copy of Squall`s image, so close the original one, and let`s start with the copy one.
    Note: I did those steps because the original image is locked, so I can`t do anything on this image, unless you can copy it. If you have imgae which is not locked, there`s no need to do those steps.

Step 8:In the copy one, you will see that the name of the picture is called layer, as in this diagram

Step 9: Create a new layer by Layer> New> Layer, or Shift+ Control+ N, or by this icon as you see it in this picture

Step 10:After creating a new layer, they will become two layers. The first one is Squall`s image which is layer 1, and the second is empty layer which is layer 2. Go to layer 1 and use select all as I have explained.Then, copy the image and go to layer 2 and paste the image in layer 2

Step 11:Select layer one, and go to Filter>Blur>Guassain blur.

10-Selcet layer 2, and transform the picture from normal to soft light.

Finally the image will be like that

There are some samples which are about our lesson:

Ok, that`s all today, and I haop you will understand me.

Last edited by Lady Selphie; 10-11-2005 at 07:42 PM.

The Six Heros

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Selphie

Note: I did those steps because the original image is locked, so I can`t do anything on this image, unless you can copy it. If you have imgae which is not locked, there`s no need to do those steps.
    Actually, if you double click a locked image and select "Ok" to the new layer, it'll automatically become unlocked. Also, even if an image is locked, there's nothing keeping you from right clicking and duplicating the image so that you don't need to do all that copy and paste work.

What works best for me is just to right click the original image, select "duplicate layer" and set this second duplicated layer to soft light, mess around with the opacity and then merge the image together.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Selphie

Actually, if you double click a locked image and select "Ok" to the new layer, it'll automatically become unlocked. Also, even if an image is locked, there's nothing keeping you from right clicking and duplicating the image so that you don't need to do all that copy and paste work.

What works best for me is just to right click the original image, select "duplicate layer" and set this second duplicated layer to soft light, mess around with the opacity and then merge the image together.
    Oh really? thanks for your information

The Six Heros

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

No problem.

Whenever I tried to made a sig it just looked tacky. But I've only got paint and photo editor so thats probably why...!