Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Photoshop Lessons and Sig MAKING Help

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I would recommend practice with GIMP then moving on to PSP7 or Photoshop because those are more advanced photo editors.

Ok guys, here`s the first lesson:
    http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=71818

The Six Heros
    "Train Train Take us away...Take us away away away"

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Lady Selphie, the point of having this thread stickied is so that you post them *here*, as well as anyone else who wants to.

Default Lesson 2:How can you make the imgae color as the same background?

It`s very interesing and quick lesson. Let`s start:
    1-Use Gardient Tool to create background or Press G.
    Note: you can use also print tool too.
    2-Create background as you like and I did this.
    3-Choose any image you like, I chose Cloud`s image.
    4-Move Cloud`s image into background image.
    5-Go to Luminosity.
    Finally,the image will be like this

Here are the samples of our lesson:

The Six Heros
    "Train Train Take us away...Take us away away away"

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

How would I be able to make an image on a banner that crosses the border
    of a background, but doesn't show any white?

Kind of like this image. Or you can just look here(at the sig) to see it without the whiteness.
    Last edited by Lawr; 10-23-2005 at 08:51 PM.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by Sagensyg
    How would I be able to make an image on a banner that crosses the border
    of a background, but doesn't show any white?

Kind of like this image. Or you can just look here(at the sig) to see it without the whiteness.
    Save it as a .gif with transparency. ^^ Make sure that you have all of the white erased so that it's like a checkerboard (in photoshop). You can do this by using the magic eraser (literally, magic eraser, it'll be in the set with your regular eraser). You can do it in any program, I just don't know all of the tools for it in others.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Alright thanks!

Now, how do I make flashing text?
    Last edited by Lawr; 10-26-2005 at 08:42 PM.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Well, I feel like the only one who can use Photoshop WELL, I mean no offence, but gimp is, well, gimpy for REAL graphics. The easyiest way to learn how to use a program, is to figure it out for your self! That's how I learned how 2 use Photoshop! Just keep practising and u'll figure out alot of stuff! (By the by, does anyone want a sig made for them, I will be able to make one in about an hour or so, so you will get it the next day!)

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Hey, MEF you should join the Graphics Competition! You're very well!?
    I hate using well. Very much, but anyway, you should join, anyone
    whos got talent like that should have a chance at winning some of the categories.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by MEF
    Well, I feel like the only one who can use Photoshop WELL, I mean no offence, but gimp is, well, gimpy for REAL graphics. The easyiest way to learn how to use a program, is to figure it out for your self! That's how I learned how 2 use Photoshop! Just keep practising and u'll figure out alot of stuff! (By the by, does anyone want a sig made for them, I will be able to make one in about an hour or so, so you will get it the next day!)
    The medium in which you make your art is hardly the most important aspect.

If you gave me a box of crayons and an average kindergarten student a set of oil paints, I could pwn just about anything they tried to create.

If you take a talented pixel artist working with their ancient mouse and an oekaki program, they could pwn something a n00b pulled off with a wacom tablet and Photoshop CE.

It depends on how long you're willing to put in editing and how well you know how to use what you have to use.

PSP7 may have awful brushes compared to PS7, but if you want to put in the effort with the eraser and retouch tool, you can get just as good effects if you know what you're doing.

That being said, GIMP saves PSDs in a lot smaller files than PS7 does. A *lot* smaller.

I thought I'd add this.

Okay.

Load up Photoshop* - this is how I do it anyway. Load the image you want the flashing text to be on. Copy the image, then load Image Ready and open a new canvas. Paste the image. Go back to Photoshop and type in what you want to flash in and out. Then, click on the box icon and right click on your image. Change the opacity of the text to be lower, say, 20%. 10% can work too, but as the sig restrictions are too tight, I'd go with 20. Once you've done that, copy the image and return to Image Ready. Select 'layer' at the top of the screen, and click 'new layer'. Paste your image with the text with mild opacity. You need to repeat this process - go back to Photoshop and change the opacity to 40% (if you chose 10% to begin with, try 20% ), then copy it! Create your new layer on Image Ready and paste the image with the increased opacity. Continue this until you have reached 100% opacity.

Right - the next step is to do the animation part. There should be a window showing Animation/Image Map/Slice. If you can't see that window, you need to go to 'Window' at the top of the screen, and then make sure 'Animation' is checked. You should see a little box with a number '1'. To the right of the screen, there's a box with the layers you have, with little eyes in boxes to the left. Uncheck all of the ones except Layer 1. Then, going back to the Animation box, there is an icon that looks like a folder over piece of paper. Click it! It makes an identical copy of your frame. For that, you need to make it so Layer 2 is visible. Contine this until all of your layers are visible. If you want to reverse it so that the text fades out instead of in, make it so that the first frame has the highest Layer visible, the second has the next, etc.

You then need to change the amount of time each layer frame is shown on the Animation box. You should be done now! To save your image, save it like 'Save Optimized As...'.

*You can do the editing in Image Ready, but I prefer Photoshop.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Thank you!
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Graphic compitions eh... when are they held, and where can I get info on them?

mef is photoshop free or does it cost money and also where can i dowload it
    a new family guy is on in 30 minutes

Costs ALOT of money... ALOT! You can download the demo at http://www.adobe.com/products/tryado...jsp#product=39.