Well, this is something I haven't seen here in a while. hehe.

About a month ago, me and Kamiko came up with the idea to start a graphics competition, unfortunately Behold the Void had a competition already going so we asked for permission to start after he'd finished his. Guess what! IT'S NOW HERE.

The main purpose of this competition, is to highlight the extraordinary skills of our talented Graphics Artists on the forums.

The way we will present this will be in the form of a sig request.

The first stage will merely be a guideline as to what we will be doing. I leave it up to you guys to give idea's on what the sigs should be of. Please bear in mind, these are going to be guidelines and categories. Not the sigs themselves. All I ask of you, is to put a category up such as "Games: FF8" or "Music: Metallica" as such. This will be up for 1 week, where we will then ask for voting.

In order to start the actual graphics creations, we are narrowing it down to 2 categories.

This is how the competition will be done when we have the categories in order:

Each contestant will choose between the two Categories. In each category there will be a task. This task will be in the form of a signature request.
The contestants must then take note of the instructions / the small biography of "who" they are creating this graphic for (as such, if it was a guy, you wouldn't put pink in the sig).
Once all sigs are submitted they will then be put up for voting.

The reason we will have 2 categories, is to give the competition more of a challenge. Most people will have to do the same thing, but it gives the opportunity to show off their talent, and show who is more creative in the graphics area.

So, stage one! HERE WE GO!. May I ask all the Artists interested in entering this competition please PM me with the title - Graphics Competition.

Here are some helpful categories to choose from:

Music
Films
TV Programs
Games
Books
Places
Famous Landmarks
People (Real/Creation)

(When submitting a category, we are asking for a certain thing, such as "Games: Final Fantasy 8", "Films: FF7:AC", "Music: Metallica". We are looking for narrowed down categories. Not one that can have a thousand things for it.

Good luck and GET THINKING!!!