Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Curse Spikes

Default Curse Spikes

I'm trying to get curse spikes so I can get dark matter, but I can't find any! I think Tri-faces can drop them, but I don't know where to fight them (other than Galbadia Garden in disc 2). Does anyone know anything about this?
    =

tri faces are located in the Deep Sea Research Center
    Curse Spike [Card Mod: Tri-Face = 1]

Creeps can drop them? I never knew that. I'll have to check that out.
    =

never mind that i think i was wrong

You can find Tri-Faces on the Island Closest to Heaven, and in the Deep Sea Research Centre (DSRC).

In the DSRC they're in the "First Battle Arena", or the first screen past where you take the lift down, and expend you're remaining Reserve Steam Pressure (RSP). There's a save point there, and you begin your decent down all the stairs to the bottom. Anyways, every battle here is with a Tri-Face.
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

The DSRC? I never went back after I got Bahamut because I got Eden from Tiamat. Fighting there seems a lot easier than on the island closest to heaven.
    =

Creeps do drop curse spikes. I usually get them from the Deling City Sewers. Go down there with two people with mug and you're set.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomtrain 770
    The DSRC? I never went back after I got Bahamut because I got Eden from Tiamat. Fighting there seems a lot easier than on the island closest to heaven.
    Not when you go on down past where you use the remaining RSP. The battles get considerably tougher.

After fighting bahamut, go back to the Ragnarok, press O to go to the cockpit, talk to everyone, then land again, and go back to where you fought Bahamut. There'll be a save point there, save, and you can climb down the shaft going down the hole.

You can equip Enc-None until you get to the screen past where you expend your remaining RSP. As well this area will look like the interior of some kind of old castle, with stone stairs and archways. Here you'll see a save point, which you should use because there'll be all the Tri-Points you want, and more. Enc-None will NOT work here, so be prepared to battle. You'll have 100 Curse Spikes in no time.

In the next screen are Imps and Grendels, then Ruby Dragons, then Behemoths, then Iron Giants, and then Ultima Weapon. The battles get harder as you go down, and there's no save point except in the Tri-Point area, and at the very bottom, which you need Move-Find to see.
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

After some research, I have discovered that a Grand Mantis can also drop curse spikes.
    =

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

better yet, card mod Tri Face cards.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by nik0tine
    Creeps do drop curse spikes. I usually get them from the Deling City Sewers. Go down there with two people with mug and you're set.
    This is probably the fastest way to stock up on all the Curse Spikes you need.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

But it requires you to gain experience, which isn't fun in a no/low-levels game.

i get them from forbidden's in centra ruins... they usually give 2 curse spikes but most of the time posion powders...even with rare item.
    Signature removed for exceeding the 250 pixel height limit (including text)

~Void

Yeah, I used forbiddens too. You can also find them in Grandidi Forest (the BIG forest on Trabia continent. You have to have a chocobo to get there before disc 4), which is also a good place to look for Marlboros -- kill two birds with one stone.

And I'm not sure, but I think you can get a free heal in the Chocobo Forest there.

regarding Malboros:
    i have seen that u run into 3x as many Malboros on the Island Closest to Heaven than in Grandidi Forest or Esthar Plains