Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Default "Quick Links" issue

At some point yesterday afternoon, my "Quick Links" menu item decided to stop working. When I click on it, rather than showing a drop down menu it just moves me down the page so the "Quick Links" is at the top of the screen and appends #usercptools to my URL. Since then I've cleared my cookies, cache, etc... and even shut down my computer at the end of the day. Well it's morning now and it's still doing it. Does anyone have any ideas as to why? Also I'm browsing with Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.10) Gecko/20050716 Firefox/1.0.6.

<b>EDIT:</b> One thing I thought I'd add is that I use the EoFF 2005 style here and at omgmyhat.com/forums/ but the "Quick Links" work over there.

<b>EDIT2:</b> Just to further elaborate, it's all of the drop down lists, like "Thread Tools" and "Quick Links", and not just "Quick Links".
    Last edited by Flying Mullet; 10-12-2005 at 10:13 PM.
    Figaro Castle

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

Does the Javascript console display any errors when you click one of those links?

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

They all work for me in that style Sounds to me like the script's not loading for you. Let the page load completely before you try clicking, since I think the script's called to be loaded near the bottom of the page.

Also, if you use the Adblock plugin, make sure you haven't accidently blocked the scripts
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Okay, now it's being even weirder.

The first attachment is of the javascript console when the page loads.

The second attachement is what the screen looks like now after I click "Quick Links".

I've used the EoFF 2005 template ever since beta and never have had any issues with it until the day before yesterday (minus hiccups found during beta testing).

<b>EDIT:</b> Actually I can't post any attachments because the manage attachments button is now gone, so I'll put the images online and post links to them intead.

Here is what the javascript console looks like when I load the forums index page: http://www.geocities.com/chadmonkey/jsconsole.jpg

Here is what the screen looks like now after I've clicked the "Quick Links" menu: http://www.geocities.com/chadmonkey/quicklinks.jpg

Here is what the javascript console looks like when I load the "Add Reply" page(no button to manage attachments: http://www.geocities.com/chadmonkey/jsconsole2.jpg

And last but not least, here's the screen where I should be able to manage attachments, but I can't : http://www.geocities.com/chadmonkey/...ttachments.jpg
    Figaro Castle

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Okay, I give up, now it's all working fine. I guess the computer goblins got bored and are out on the prowl for someone else's machine...unless it was acting up because you fools were playing upgrade gods again!

Anyways, thanks for your help.
    Figaro Castle

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

It probably got weirder because of the upgrade, then your browser finally decided to fetch a fresh copy of everything for whatever reason, so it all fixed itself
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

And everything was peachy and we all had punch and pie.
    Figaro Castle