View Poll Results: Who is the messenger?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Squall

7 22.58%
  • Selphie

6 19.35%
  • Diablos

8 25.81%
  • Rinoa

2 6.45%
  • Pupu

1 3.23%
  • someone els

6 19.35%
  • no one

1 3.23%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Vividarium Intervigilium Viator

Quote Originally Posted by GunbladeMaster
    WHOA NOW SELPHIE IS A SORCERESS TOO?
    HOW CAN THAT BE POSSIBLE
    ISNT THEIR ONLY ONE SORCERESS AND THEN THERES A NEW ONE
    NOT 2 SORCERESSES IN THE SAME time period.
    it goes Adel---->Edea----->Rinoa
    not
    Adel----->Edea-----> Rinoa
    *************** /Selphie
    I think that there can be many, this is from Ultimania-
    ....However, there are also many Sorceresses who have chosen to live a quiet life sheltered away from civilized society; as such, the actual number of Sorceresses and the amount of power shared between them remains unknown.

The potential to become a sorceress is determined by one's capacity to wield such power – their natural affinity for magic....

That last part would make Selphie a definite canidate.

I think Squall was the messenger who toled Edea about SeeDs and Garden.

Quote Originally Posted by cait sith
    I think that there can be many, this is from Ultimania-
    ....However, there are also many Sorceresses who have chosen to live a quiet life sheltered away from civilized society; as such, the actual number of Sorceresses and the amount of power shared between them remains unknown.

The potential to become a sorceress is determined by one's capacity to wield such power – their natural affinity for magic....

That last part would make Selphie a definite canidate.
    I think what that means is that over the years some sorceresses live a quiet life before they pass on their powers and then the next one could be famous but then they pass on their powers to another who lives their life away from everyone.
    I think thats wat it means not that there are other many sorceresses hiding somewhere
    So i think the timeline looks something like this:
    ?????------>?????------>Adel------->?????------->Edea------Rinoa
    the ?s are sorceresses who lived their life away from society

yeah squall is a good theory
    but Diablos makes the most sense because he literally is sleeping in the Garden in a magical lamp and cas of his attack **dark MESSENGER** it would be stupid not to say that this message refers to Diablos

"Vividarium et Intervigilium et Viator"

Yes, diablo's is also a great idea but what about Pupu? he/she/it traveled all over the world and you follow all he's/her/it's path, he travels alot and at the end of his/her/its journey he/she/it decides to stop(we can consider this as sleep,doze,nap) at the place where balamb garden used to be located and by the looks of it he/she/it wants to deliver us a message or tell us something but the problem is that we can't understand him/her/it...Timber Maniacs Magazine even made a story about an alien traveling all over the world and collecting stuffs(pyramid,cow,sheep,etc and the sightings)....

I think the so called "fairies" that sent squall and the group to the past(flashbacks) as laguna,kiros and ward is Pupu...hmmm I think he/she/it wants to tell squall that laguna is he's father... or was it ellone or maybe pupu who gave them the flashbacks about laguna's journey....

This is an add-on about my 1st theory on squall being the messenger do you remember the scene where squall was imprisoned in the desert prison? the scene is when the guard is tourturing and questioning Squall what's the meaning of SeeD and it's purpose and Squall says "flowers"...Garden have flowers right...

more to be unfold....
    Last edited by enigma1234; 10-15-2005 at 10:11 AM.

The world of silence maybe a cold and bitter one; like the deep wastes of the arctic regions, it is fit for neither man nor beast. Holding one’s tongue may be prudent, but it is an act of rejection; silence build walls – and walls are symbols of failure.

yeah squall is a good theory
    but Diablos makes the most sense because he literally is sleeping in the Garden in a magical lamp and cas of his attack **dark MESSENGER** it would be stupid not to say that this message refers to Diablos

Yeah, maybe your right and why is it that the iron giant(red giant) in Ultimecia's Castle is afraid of diablos did they fought before? and when you use diablos on him the damage would be 9999....and he says something...

The world of silence maybe a cold and bitter one; like the deep wastes of the arctic regions, it is fit for neither man nor beast. Holding one’s tongue may be prudent, but it is an act of rejection; silence build walls – and walls are symbols of failure.

what does he say?

I've always thought that 'In the garden sleeps a messenger' referred to Selphie, due to the fact at the very start of the game she was the messenger in the SeeD exam/test in Dollet. But Diablos does seem to associate with the saying better.

what does he say?
    Im not sure about this but I think he will say "arghh you have diablo's"
    or this "diablo's what are you doing here?" and when you defeated him using diablo's as a last attack he will also say something...I think "It has been to long..."

I cant play FFVIII b'cuz my PS1 is broken...I can't battle red giant and can't confirm this...if you still have your PS1 and memory card (saved file ultimecia's castle) please try summoning diablos on the boss red giant...

"Vividarium et Intervigilium et Viator" who is much suitable to be the messenger and related to the painting is it Diablos,Squall,Selphie,Pupu,Rinoa or ???

i cant find anything on the internet about what red giant says
    but ill keep looking

i beleive Red Giant actually say something about Humans.
    If i remember correctly once you lower his defense he says "how can u mortals do sucha thing"
    and when u beat him he say "How could i lose to a human."
    I dont remember anything about Diablos but those 2 lines i said seem more familiar to me.

i beleive Red Giant actually say something about Humans.
    If i remember correctly once you lower his defense he says "how can u mortals do sucha thing"
    and when u beat him he say "How could i lose to a human."
    I dont remember anything about Diablos but those 2 lines i said seem more familiar to me.

Have you tried using diablo's on him? Im sure he said something when I used diablos on him.

yes i used em.
    besides if he did say that most people would remember as we remember what these people said in: the final battle, the battle with ifrit, the 1st battle with fujiin and rajiin, etc.
    Most people remember those things but i dont recall that in the batle with the red giant.

i cant find anything on the internet about what red giant says
    but ill keep looking
    All that I managed to find was this-

Ultimecia Castle-Prison

<The door closes. As he party picks up a nearby key, Red Giant appears.>

Red Giant

"Face my wrath for seeking the sealed power..."

Red Giant

"GwahaHA! Physical attacKS? UseleSS!"

So the Red Giant is faught in the prison section of the castle. Maybe Diablos was a bad GF and had to stay there a while, but then he was still bad so Ultimecia sealed him in a lamp maybe not...
    Doesn't Cid call Diablos a cursed item or something along those lines. I wonder how it became cursed

diablos is seifer from the future and greiver is squall
    ultimecia aka rinoa liked squall better than seifer so she sealed seifer and threw his conscious back in time in a magic lamp where he should have remained forever. Squall became her loyal guardian.
    Diablos returned after many years in the past with Squall.
    Red giant, being Zell, was so shocked that his arch nemesis was back that he had to kill him. (this explains why he has such a high attack and high defense cas he doesn want seifer to see his real "chicken-wussines")
    Thus Future Zell was defeated and here we are asking ourselves what did Red Giant say during the battle.
    "Physical attacks? Useless against me!"

Which of course was "lame chicken wussiness lingo" for

"Diablos (aka Seifer) my arch nemesis is the only one that isnt useless against me"
    Last edited by GunbladeMaster; 10-15-2005 at 02:38 PM.