View Poll Results: Who is the messenger?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Squall

7 22.58%
  • Selphie

6 19.35%
  • Diablos

8 25.81%
  • Rinoa

2 6.45%
  • Pupu

1 3.23%
  • someone els

6 19.35%
  • no one

1 3.23%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Vividarium Intervigilium Viator

Sorry if this is off-topic but arent genies lives/imprisoned in a lamp? well diablos lives in a lamp its kinda like hes a demon genie but doesn't gives wishes but instead death hihihihi
    (Im sure red giant said something after I used diablo's on him)
    (I think I lead you guyz far from the thread topic sorry...)

Who is much more suitable to be the messenger and much more related to the painting "In the Garden Sleeps a Messenger" is it Diablos,Squall,Selphie,Pupu,Rinoa or ???

The world of silence maybe a cold and bitter one; like the deep wastes of the arctic regions, it is fit for neither man nor beast. Holding one’s tongue may be prudent, but it is an act of rejection; silence build walls – and walls are symbols of failure.

I think that it's Squall. He gave the message to Matron about the idea for Garden and SeeD. SeeD aparently makes Ultimecia VERY upset. She would therefore have a strong fixation with Squall- the messenger-, he being the one who gave the message for SeeD so long ago. The big reason for this is that it goes so well with the painting that looks to be the spot where Ultimecia dies, and Edea inherits more power, and Squall gives the idea for SeeD. Three major events, all at that place.

lol "Who is the Messenger" it sounds like a mystery game.
    U should make ur own opinion and make a riddle\game about this

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I've suggested Diablos in the past, but for slightly different reasons.

While the Messenger made me think of the Diablos, the garden I thought of was Eden. I think the GF Eden is an organic Garden which would makes her the Garden of Eden. Diablos is the Devil, the serpent that tricked Adam and Eve.

An allegory about corruption would suit Ultemecia's Castle perfectly. Although I can't fit in the other paintings into a unifying theme. Most likely they picked Latin words based solely on the number of (SPOILER) Xs, Is and Vs for obvious reasons and created the pictures later to match.

it cant be someone else cause that would be stupid
    it can only be Squall or Diablos

This is off topic but....................
    we know that time goes in a loop in the FF8 world cas of ulti right? well how do we know that in one of these loops squall picked up the Magical Lamp in ultis castle and then beat ulti and went to Edea and gave her the lamp for unknown reasons.
    That way Cid could have gotten a hold of the lamp and then have given it to squall in Balamb Garden. Thus Diablos is actually from Ultis time who was brought to the past by Squall

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I will vote Diablos since I am the original person that make this interpretation....

Another interpretation could be Diablos in the Lamp, seen as how his attack is called Dark Messenger, and he sleeps in the lamp until you awaken him.
    But I hardly think it is related to the game plot or anything. Just something to make the boss appear.....

agreed

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Why can't it be anyone else?

At least then it could be extra character development, something that most people will agree ff8 needs xD

why do u say that?
    well yeah they didnt really give us much other than they were all at the same orphange.
    but still they went into a lot of insight on that topic so they actually do do a lot of characterS development

(however i still like ff7 characters mysterious past thing that square did)

Selphie is the messenger girl.....!! ^_^

they need to put more detail in the message for us to really conclude something plausible.

another interpretation is that griever is the messenger. but i can only back that up with relating these:
    sleeps=griever is within squalls mind, as well as the rest of the party's minds, so in a way it is dormant until they fight ultimecia and she summons griever.
    garden= there's two ways to approach this. griever is within squall, and squall is a SeeD for balamb garden, so griever is in balamb garden... or you can relate this to future esthars theory about ulti's castle being a version of a Garden like Balamb's and Galbaldias, so griever waits to be awaken in ulti's castle/garden.

Thank you Hysterian!

interesting...

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by G SpOtZ
    another interpretation is that griever is the messenger. but i can only back that up with relating these:
    sleeps=griever is within squalls mind, as well as the rest of the party's minds, so in a way it is dormant until they fight ultimecia and she summons griever.
    garden= there's two ways to approach this. griever is within squall, and squall is a SeeD for balamb garden, so griever is in balamb garden... or you can relate this to future esthars theory about ulti's castle being a version of a Garden like Balamb's and Galbaldias, so griever waits to be awaken in ulti's castle/garden.
    So....what about the messenger part? The messenger part doesn't really relate...

Maybe you can relate the Griever as the messenger of strength as it is told in Squall's mind as the stronger GF.

would do u mean "messenger of strength"?
    Squall says that he thinks it is the strongest thing in the world but how it is a messenger i dont get.