View Poll Results: Who is the messenger?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Squall

7 22.58%
  • Selphie

6 19.35%
  • Diablos

8 25.81%
  • Rinoa

2 6.45%
  • Pupu

1 3.23%
  • someone els

6 19.35%
  • no one

1 3.23%
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Vividarium Intervigilium Viator

Default Vividarium Intervigilium Viator

Okay, this is an answer to a puzzle in Ultimecia's castle. What I'm wondering is, does it have any special meaning behind it? Since it means "In the garden dozes a messenger" in english, I thought it may be talking about Rinoa- she does have an angel theme, (and angel diriving from the Greek "messenger"). And she was in that coma too.

OH, also, does anyone know where I can go online to see the paintings in Ultimecia's castle, I'd like to get a good look at them.

Quote Originally Posted by cait sith
    Okay, this is an answer to a puzzle in Ultimecia's castle. What I'm wondering is, does it have any special meaning behind it? Since it means "In the garden dozes a messenger" in english, I thought it may be talking about Rinoa- she does have an angel theme, (and angel diriving from the Greek "messenger").
    Another interpretation could be Diablos in the Lamp, seen as how his attack is called Dark Messenger, and he sleeps in the lamp until you awaken him.

Another interpretation may be the SeeDs in Balamb Garden (or Trabia or Galbadia).

I'm sure there's many interpretations.
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

I'm sorry if this is off-topic but why is it that always Latin words are used on FFVIII?
    like "Vividarium et Intervigilium et Viator" thats Latin right? (In the garden sleeps a messenger) also the song "Liberi Fatali" (Children of Fate) and the paintings in ultimecia's castle why does it always have to be Latin and the word "children" is somehow always pronounced there and a new Final Fantasy was born...Advent of Children...

Now about the topic in ultimecia's castle I think everything there is related to the FF group not only rinoa...the painting there named "Vividarium et Intervigilium et Viator" kinda looks like the garden in edea's orphanage and the falls like thingy painting it looks like it relates to the sea in the orphanage...the one you saw in the introduction movie...

I have a theory about the word "Vividarium et Intervigilium et Viator". I think it talks about squall...1st word "In the Garden" squall lives in the orphanage (theres a garden there) and also in the balamb garden he even went to galbadia garden and even travels thru trabia garden..."Sleeps" I think waiting for the right moment to deliver the message...and lastly "A Messenger" squall delivered to Edea the message that a Seed organization must be build in order to defeat ultimecia and to save the world...It all began in the garden and it also end in the garden..

I'm going to add more of this after I sleep in my beautiful bed of garden and deliver to you people the message tomorrow.
    Last edited by enigma1234; 10-15-2005 at 03:03 PM.

The world of silence maybe a cold and bitter one; like the deep wastes of the arctic regions, it is fit for neither man nor beast. Holding one’s tongue may be prudent, but it is an act of rejection; silence build walls – and walls are symbols of failure.

simple answer:
    LATIN
    IS
    COOL

Quote Originally Posted by GunbladeMaster
    simple answer:
    LATIN
    IS
    COOL
    Listen to the wise man, for he speaks the truth.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

yeah squall is a good theory
    but Diablos makes the most sense because he literally is sleeping in the Garden in a magical lamp and cas of his attack **dark MESSENGER** it would be stupid not to say that this message refers to Diablos

sorry cait sith
    i searched but i cudnt find anything about her pics in the gallery room

Yes, that one is good. A little too good. But when I think of it, I can't go anywhere with it. What would Ultimicia (or the great Hyne or squaresoft or whoever) care about diablos to make such a puzzle (dealing with time). I have a feeling that diablos is a red herring. Like someone wants us to guess wrong, and trys to kill us (Diablos did want Squall and the others to die at first...)

I like enigma1234's idea, and it even goes with the painting too. Good thinking there! It fits nicely.

But it still could have something to do with Rinoa. What if when Rinoa was in a coma, that her conscious was someplace, sometime els? If someone were to walk in an Squall while his conscious was being sent to the past via Elone, he would apear to them to be unconscious- in a coma. Ultimicia is much more interested in Rinoa than in Diablos.

ur over analyzing

you're right, but still...

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

for some reason, I remember someone telling me that it referred to selphie, but what do I know?

i had the same idea!
    she was a messenger in the SeeD exam and she sleeps in garden
    it works

Big D said this,
    Now, is there a 'messenger' in any 'garden' in the world? Why, yes - there's Selphie. The 'little messenger girl', as Seifer calls her, because of her role in the Dollet mission. But what's that 'sleeping' line about? Well, there's strong evidence that Selphie is actually a sorceress and doesn't know it. She can use magic without having to draw or junction it - just like the other sorceresses in the game. It's mentioned in the Tutorial that sorceresses possess the inherent ability to use magic. Selphie only uses magic during her Limit Break, though - evidence that it's a repressed ability, something she doesn't openly acknowledge. Thus, one can only prove that she is a secret, 'sleeping' sorceress.

This beats my idea about what it is about. Intervigilium (acording to online latin-english dictionaries) doesn't mean sleep so much as it does "a nap, a doze, forty winks" It's lighter than usual sleep, okay? When we know that Selphie uses magic, she must have some awareness of her powers, right?, this is where the doze part comes in. Dormio is the Latin verb that is usualy used in reference to sleep.

WHOA NOW SELPHIE IS A SORCERESS TOO?
    HOW CAN THAT BE POSSIBLE
    ISNT THEIR ONLY ONE SORCERESS AND THEN THERES A NEW ONE
    NOT 2 SORCERESSES IN THE SAME time period.
    it goes Adel---->Edea----->Rinoa
    not
    Adel----->Edea-----> Rinoa
    *************** /Selphie

i think it has to do with squall. and the ending. if you haven't finished it yet, then that sux for you because i'm about to spoil just a little of it.

He's on a lonely abandoned life-less piece of land at first... let's say that's the part about "sleeping"
    then all of a sudden the flowers and plants bloom everywhere and it becomes more of a "garden"
    the "messenger" part, i think, is about the part when squall was talking to matron in the past, and ulti appears before edea to pass on her powers.

who knows.

Thank you Hysterian!