Thread: Vannilla Sky....

Default Vannilla Sky....

....i just watched vanilla sky with tom cruise and all i can say is i was left speechless that movie blew my mind.

Oh, it blew, all right....

But, I'm a sci-fi lover, so it's not like the "surprise ending" was all that great. A little better than the overdone insane asylum twist, but still.... bleh. And the romance angle on the story was a dead fish.

So... mediocre sci-fi aspect. Mediocre romantic plot. And Tom Cruise couldn't act his way out of a wet paper sack. Although the supporting cast and leading ladies were pretty good.

Although the end was nice. Cruise taking a flying leap off a skyscraper.... .
    Whore since '04. Selling my skills as an artist and writer.

http://www.freewebs.com/acalhoun/

I saw it a few years ago and I thought it sucked.

I thought you said Vanilla ice with Tom Cruise and I thought this could be one of those Vanilla Ice is an ass threads. Needless to say Im dissapointed. Does Tom Cruise do anything but Sci-fi these days? Minority report, war of the worlds, vannilla sky.

"I'll tell you in another life when we are both cats" what I thought of it

Quote Originally Posted by Destai
    I thought you said Vanilla ice with Tom Cruise and I thought this could be one of those Vanilla Ice is an ass threads. Needless to say Im dissapointed. Does Tom Cruise do anything but Sci-fi these days? Minority report, war of the worlds, vannilla sky.
    Does "not very good" count as "anything but scifi"? No, I suppose not in this case... and this from the noble genre that produced such movies as Star Wars, Gattaca, and Terminator.
    Whore since '04. Selling my skills as an artist and writer.

http://www.freewebs.com/acalhoun/

Quote Originally Posted by udsuna
    Does "not very good" count as "anything but scifi"? No, I suppose not in this case... and this from the noble genre that produced such movies as Star Wars, Gattaca, and Terminator.
    I thought war of the worlds was pretty good. The other two were dumb though if ya ask me.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I saw it back when it came out and hated it, especially by the time it got to the end. I would have been happier if he was crazy, or actually being screwed with, but the sci-fi ending just came out of left field and struck me as a bit of lazy writing to end a bad movie before it could get worse. The only redeeming factor was that you got to watch Tom Cruise losing his mind, then again, if I wanted to see that I could turn on Entertainment Tonight or some other such garbage. He just seems to get wierder by the day.

I didnt like it, I prefered the spanish original.........

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I thought it was okay. Not something I'd want to see again, but it was all right the first time through.
    --Box Box Box Box

That movie just left me all, "WTF?!" After that I need two weeks of medical treatment.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I really disliked this movie. It just wasn't that good to me, the plot was just confusing for confusion's sake, and the ending was an utter, utter cop out.