Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DDR players, where art thou?

Default DDR players, where art thou?

I'm sure there are a least a few of you who are dance game enthusiasts such as I, be it DDR or ITG. Who amongst you are DDR/ITG fans, and have you any scores or achievements worthy of mention?

I'm a Heavy (8) player, and some of my accomplishments include:

Do Me (H.I.G.E.O. Mix) Heavy - A
    era (nostalmix) Heavy - A
    MAX 300 Standard - A
    The legend of MAX Standard - A

Not very impressive, but I'm working my way up.

Personal:
    [ E-mail Me ] [ LiveJournal ] [ Myspace ]

Domains of rule:
    [ Sky Tower Games ] [ STG Forums ]

Nah, I'm more of a fan of Korea's Exceed: Pump It Up myself. I've never been fond of the four-button setup that DDR has. I think because DDR's four buttons are so closely placed together.

Exceed has five buttons, a top right/left, bottom right/left and center. Can't say I usually pwn in either game, though, but I'm decent in PIU.

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher
    Nah, I'm more of a fan of Korea's Exceed: Pump It Up myself. I've never been fond of the four-button setup that DDR has. I think because DDR's four buttons are so closely placed together.

Exceed has five buttons, a top right/left, bottom right/left and center. Can't say I usually pwn in either game, though, but I'm decent in PIU.
    I've seen PIU in action, but from the look of it you need a specialty pad to play it as most platforms don't have sensors in the central position. I can see how that would be fun, though.

Personal:

Domains of rule:

Oooh. You meant to play at home!

I generally don't bother getting the home version of dancing games, mainly because I live in an apartment and my neighbors are hugely sensitive to sound. Or something.

But ja. A friend of mine has the home version of DDR and that seemed to be a whole lot more fun than the arcade version. Maybe because I'm self-conscious about dancing and being in a basement kind of relieves the pressure to do well.

Well, at home or in the arcades, whatever. I've never been to the arcades, which are a lot stricter accuracy-wise, so those scores would probably differ had I tried those songs on one of the machines.

The home versions also take most of the pressure off, like having to pay for three songs, or having to place 20th on the high score list or something. :P

If you get Stepmania, you can play PIU or DDR on your computer, which is also a lot of fun. There aren't a lot of PIU song files available, but Stepmania has a feature that automatically generates PIU steps from DDR steps, so whether you want to play DDR or PIU is up to you.

Personal:

Domains of rule:

Ominous Wanderer Tech Admin Samuraid's Avatar

I kinda suck at DDR.

Let's hear your accomplishments anyway.

Personal:

Domains of rule:

Ominous Wanderer Tech Admin Samuraid's Avatar

My brothers own DDR for the PSX back home. I've played some of the slower songs on the highest level and done pretty well, but nothing beyond that. I haven't actually played DDR in about a year.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

im masterfull at ddr, most of it

im the only one in australia who can do oreon 78 on maniac and fast forward.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I can play pretty good. I can play some hard Heavy songs (I can do a 9 footer once in awhile). I haven't played it in awhile, but I'll probably pick back up on it after I get DDREXTREME for PS2 that was just released.

I frequent a DDR Extreme machine in a local bowling alley where I run into kids go to the same High School I went to. Two of them are really good at the game. Whenever I play against them, I say "It's not fair! I don't have gym class anymore to keep me in constant shape!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex
    I can play pretty good. I can play some hard Heavy songs (I can do a 9 footer once in awhile). I haven't played it in awhile, but I'll probably pick back up on it after I get DDREXTREME for PS2 that was just released.
    Not a bad choice. Extreme 2 has a really nice song list; a lot of songs from DDR Extreme JP and some from DDR Festival and DDR Party Collection.

Personal:

Domains of rule:

Hey im 15 and ive been playing ddr since i was 10. I am like uber good. I dont mean to brag but ive gotten an AA on every song in DDR max but not extreme yet, it took me forever to get AA on MAX 300 and the ten footers. But I've gotten AAA on holic, its raining men and moonlight shadow, i play on 2x and heavy

Best Scores:

Max 300 Heavy-A
    Maxx Unlimited Heavy-A
    The Legend of Max Heavy-B
    Paranoia Survivor Heavy-A
    Paranoia Survivor Max Heavy-A
    Paranoia Survivor Max Oni-C (damn this song to hell!!)

yeah pretty much all those songs you just listed, except for Max 300, I havent gotten AA

My cousin got my addicted to Stepmania, i can play most songs on 2x, some on 4x and still manage an A or AA, though i dont use the pad, i use the arrow keys, so im not geting the true DDR experience.