Thread: Too short?

Default Too short?

I know most people are going to say this is a relief (and I kinda agree with them) but do you think this games was too short? I mean every FF game has taken me a llong time to complete especially the first time round, but I compleated this game within 2days on my first try. so do you think it should have been longer.
    Thats me in the blue sporting the Edward Scissorhands haircut

Thanx for the cool Siggie Starry Relm.
    :evilking: :evilking:

it's longer when you complette is %100, some of the side tasks are very time consuming.

there's no I in team, but there is in pie, as in meat pie, and meat is an anogram of team

yes it is very short if u dont try to get 100%
    but then again the only way to get 100% is witha Guide
    cas there are sooooooo many hidden details that only a guide can tell u

(2 days!!!! u must have not done any side quests but the 1st time doesnt count anyways))

yeah...but cloister and cauctaur missions...those kinda things are what makes it long

thanks blitz ace for the sig

Yeah i found this game short. I was on chapter 5 and was excited about what was going to happen next so i asked my friend out of curiosity how many chapters there were. He told me there were five....i was pretty gutted. The story line should take up at least half the entire game.....Im pretty sure it didnt even clock a quarter......

Blog Entries

Way too short.

there was a picture here

I don't mind short games with lots of depth that you can spread it out with...

But when the plot doesn't kick in until three quarters of the way through, something's wrong. What's there is generally good but there is soooooo much missing...

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

it was so short that for one week i decided to complete it 5 time in a week and i easily succeeded. i couldnt of done that with any other. but if this awful game went on for much longer i would poke myself to death with a spoon.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Let's hope the new remake with the two extra dresspheres also has a better game to it, then.
    My Cure spell brings all the boys to the yard,
    And they're like: "It's better than yours."
    Damn right, it's better than yours!
    I could Heal you, but I have to charge.

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't think it was too short. It took me around 40 hours, if I remember correctly; and that wasn't doing anything extra. That's how long it usually takes me to complete an FF game, and that's FINE.
    --Box Box Box Box

Yeah I know the sidequests make it longer but I thought it should keep with the tradition like VII and VIII and all the other FF games. Every other FF game I've played has been longer or produced a challenge.
    Thats me in the blue sporting the Edward Scissorhands haircut

Thanx for the cool Siggie Starry Relm.
    :evilking: :evilking:

Quote Originally Posted by boys from the dwarf
    it was so short that for one week i decided to complete it 5 time in a week and i easily succeeded. i couldnt of done that with any other. but if this awful game went on for much longer i would poke myself to death with a spoon.
    lol
    a spoon...
    first a fork now this
    u should call ur self Boys from the Utensil
    Last edited by GunbladeMaster; 10-27-2005 at 09:04 PM.

this game was far too easy i love the final fantasy games but this one let me down a little they could have added more and made it less girly the side quest did make it longer but the it still was short
    *~memories are nice but thats all they can be~*

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

oh gosh.... "side quest".... turn that into side quests.

1. try makeing certain battle challenges for yourself to pass time (ie. faceing Omega Weapon with only Yuna being allowed to battle, and she must be in songstress for the duration of the battle, only the other 2 may use provoke), took me about an hour of potion mashing and clever equips like the one that lets you use Samurai as a sub-class), this is the full story of my battle.... sorta.

first skills i used as soon as i entered battle: Hayate as soon as i could so i would be slightly quicker... guess who charges up for ultima, so i use dismissal for slightly halting his charging, so i could attempt to massacre his mp with Magicide, Magical Masque saved me from his non-ultima attacks, and i always lived with at least 10 hp left over from ultima damage.
    somehow i managed to completely decapitate his austoundingly high mana lvl... with a microphone, and alls he could do was attack... i got rikku and paine to take care of that by provokeing him off lady Yuna face till he died from my sparklers.

if you want more story i suggest you look around Spira for history (like) lessons, that will help you to understand and appreciate the depth of the story (though it may have not have been to certain individuals).

you need to remember, every certain location has there own little story that plays out through the duration aswell, all with multipley possible endings.

i could ramble on all day... but i have a 6:00 am shift -_-"