9 18.37%
  • Tidus & Yuna (FFX)

9 18.37%
  • Other

2 4.08%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best Love Story

Default Best Love Story

By this I DON'T mean cutest couple. I mean the most tender love story between the two characters. I've only listed the ones I know, feel free to mention any one you find the best I haven't listed...

For me it was Cloud and Tifa. Tifa's dedication to Cloud totally touched my heart...

Tidus and yuna
    was a true love
    because it was the first FF where in the end the girl or guy actually say
    I LOVE YOU
    and their love lasted 2 ff games

Cloud and Tifa's love lasted into a MOVIE! Hah! And Tifa said, "Cloud, I..........." lol...
    Okay you win on that one, but C & T didn't have to say it cos they already knew...and they knew each other since they were little Tidus and Yuna knew each other for like a couple of weeks...
    But you know...Tidus and Yuna were the first ever FF couple to actually kiss, hold hands and say "I love you"... weird...
    Maybe Square had some inhibitions

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

sqall and rinoa. its the most interesting and makes the game what it is.FF8 is great.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Squall and Rinoa are just CUTE love.

Also, I thought I would say that anyone who votes for "Locke/Celes" will be shot on sight. That is not a real pairing.

Auron and Rikku is far better than any of the choices, actually xD

Squall and Rinoa have the better love story. The closest couple to having a realistic love for each other would probably be Tifa and Cloud, though it is never stated that their feelings were actually love. *shrugs*
    Formerly: Autumn Rain

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

All of the love stories in the game always come across to me as Hollywood-esque fluff, so I have a hard time taking any of them seriously.

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn Rain
    The closest couple to having a realistic love for each other would probably be Tifa and Cloud, though it is never stated that their feelings were actually love. *shrugs*
    I completely agree with this. Which is why I'm going to vote for them. No other pairing really compares to them, in MY OPINION. MY OPINION.
    --Box Box Box Box

I'll go with Cloud and Tifa, but I want to say Hojo and Jenova.

I should note that I voted for Squall and Rinoa, as the topic is "Best Love Story", not "Most Likely Couple To Survive The Honeymoon".

If that's the case, there should only be like a couple options. As Locke and Celes never really tried to hook up. And Cecil and Rosa were already together and the story didn't spend much time looking into that, so I don't consider that a love story at all. And Cloud... we only know for sure cared about them deeply. Friendship love, for sure, but who knows if it can be considered love "story" either way. Basically, it's between 8 and 10, maaaaybe 9. But if that's the case, I'd have to go with 9. Because in 8 and 10 I hated the guys (at first anyway, in Squall's case). And I hated Yuna...

I don't think Cecinda understood what she was asking. Thread title and description say "Best Love Story".. But her possible choices and her own answer say "Favorite Couple".

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Ugh... SQUALL AND RINOA HAD THE MOST PATHETIC, TRITE, PRETENTIOUS, PEDANTIC, IDIOTIC, BORING, BANAL AND OFFENSIVELY STUPID ABORTION OF A LOVE STORY EVER CONTRIVED. I pray to god that people will start waking up to this some day soon... In fact, Final Fantasy needs to just stay the heck away from love stories PERIOD. They've never been able to pull it off and it only winds up being an embarassment to the rest of what would otherwise be a fun game. If Rinoa weren't in FFVIII at all, the game would have been MUCH better.

Quote Originally Posted by DJZen
    Ugh... SQUALL AND RINOA HAD THE MOST PATHETIC, TRITE, PRETENTIOUS, PEDANTIC, IDIOTIC, BORING, BANAL AND OFFENSIVELY STUPID ABORTION OF A LOVE STORY EVER CONTRIVED. I pray to god that people will start waking up to this some day soon... In fact, Final Fantasy needs to just stay the heck away from love stories PERIOD. They've never been able to pull it off and it only winds up being an embarassment to the rest of what would otherwise be a fun game. If Rinoa weren't in FFVIII at all, the game would have been MUCH better.
    Odd you say that, considering the only real story there related to Rinoa and Squall. Without Rinoa, it would have been a pointless hack-n-slash RPG..

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

chaos: I liked Zidane and Garnet. IMO, their relationship meant more than just "ooh, now we're in love! lolz!", because Garnet really did change when being with Zidane. And it did take a long time to progress. Very realistic in my eyes.

Rubedo: It all unfolded like a storybook. IMO, the greatest FF relationship ever.