Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Cosplay

They all look great, like characters straight out of a movie- Now there's an idea! Wouldn't a live action movie of a Final Fantasy game be cool. But who would play the chocobo?

A mutated Chicken.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

I only cosplay at weekends, when Maxxine Power hits the town.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Now... just out of curiosity... What do you find appealing in cosplay? What does a person gets out of it (besides from some unusual photos)? Hell, what do people even do at cosplay events? Sit around in costumes?

*sigh* here we go again...
    Generally they have fun, enjoy the happiness of showing off their costumes thats they spent day n night working on, make new friends and just for the experience of doing it.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Cosplay events are usually at a convention of anime or comics or whatever, and there are all sorts of booths, movies, and activities to engage in. My friends are in a cosplay group and they preform skits and have a blast doing it.

What does a person get out of it? Enjoyment, same as anything else. What does a person get out of skateboarding? Just a bunch of bruises? Nope, they have a fun time doing it, and that's all that matters.

I'd post pictures of my friends, but they havent done any FF cosplay. They've made some amazing costumes though.

Here is my favorite cosplay outfit ever.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Who is that?

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

No idea. ShlupQuack showed it to me ages ago. The costume is freaking gorgeous though.

My roomie makes beautiful costumes, I plan on having her make my wedding dress someday.

The costume does look great though. Maybe have Yuna wedding dress for you . Cosplay has come to soon for me in London though, so ill have to wait till the next one. Are you allowed into conventions just to gaze at the amazement of other people costumes?

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Of course!

As was mentioned in the other thread, some cosplayers can be rather snooty, but most really appreciate the compliments. I've been to a few anime conventions myself to support my friends and I've never once cosplayed. Though my roomie does want me to model her work because of my body type.

edit: Some Japanese cosplayers as Rinoa and Selphie <3
    Last edited by TheAbominatrix; 10-18-2005 at 01:55 AM.

Snotty? what do they do and say like?

Thing is, i think im the only that likes all this cosplay in my country(Wales) nevermind just my area lol and my friends like FF but not to the extent to take it that far. So im a loner in that department. Anyways i might go to check out on the 29th of this month.
    I did get told i could possibly pull off Squall or Leon from RE4 (pic in pro), ive alread the got the gun if i were to be Leon, so might if if i can get the right stuff. Is that picture the best picture cosplay or did you see that cosplay at a convention?

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Just like any other snooty people. Some will even charge for pictures. There are people with superiority complexes in every culture, and cosplayers are no exception.

I'm sure the girl did conventions as well, as I've seen other pictures of here in groups at convention halls.

There awesome, im just looking on cosplay.com to see if i can find any quality cosplays.

Just found this, have no idea what it from but maybe you could tell me, it look exactly alike.

Edit: That Selphie picture looked good. I liked her hair.
    Last edited by Russielloyd; 10-18-2005 at 02:24 AM.

That's a Sailor Mars.
    And here's a Cait Sith!
    pac_cosplay_03.jpg
    Last edited by *__*); 10-18-2005 at 02:54 AM.

By the way, the pictuce you posted above TheAbominatrix, well more specifically the one with the long girl, in the gren and blackish outfit, if I'm not mistaken would be a costume of Rydia from FFIV.

Also the last pic you posted, just sheer brilliance on those people's part. 4 out of 5 of the final party members of FFIV, thier only lacking Cecil and they'ld be a full party. ^^

There was this one guy I knew from a local anime club, who once cosplayed as Kimahri at a convention, I only got to see pictures of his costume and a few peices he brought in once, but man was it awesome, he even went so far to paint his face blue and even had a latex face mask for the upper part of his face to get the details of Kimahri's non human-ness features added on. Was really a sweet costume, wish I had pics to post though T_T.
    This space intentionally left blank.