Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Cosplay

Quote Originally Posted by FFVIII Fan
    wow, theyre the best cosplays ive ever seen! the lulu on the right is the most accurate and the best of the lot.
    It's so annoying because my other FF cosplay pics was deleted...

Quote Originally Posted by cait sith
    I thought that the second Lulu felt more like Lulu. And that Paine is... well, I wouldn't want to encounter her in a dark alley :fpscare:
    I like the left Lulu pic. the one dressed as Paine won best on make-up and costume,etc... just take a look at her sword its a replica of Paine's sword in FFX-2.

Did you guyz notice the 1st picture I posted in page2 at the attached thumbnails list? She's really a FF fan also I think she's the best cosplayer for rinoa,yuna,rikku & selphie

Another Pictures:
    Last edited by enigma1234; 10-28-2005 at 09:29 AM.

The world of silence maybe a cold and bitter one; like the deep wastes of the arctic regions, it is fit for neither man nor beast. Holding one’s tongue may be prudent, but it is an act of rejection; silence build walls – and walls are symbols of failure.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    First off, many people enjoy and admire people who do,
    Actually thats very far from the truth from what i've seen. The only problem i have with Cosplayers are that they degrade what they cosplay as.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Quote Originally Posted by FFGuevara
    Actually thats very far from the truth from what i've seen. The only problem i have with Cosplayers are that they degrade what they cosplay as.
    So... what have you seen? Every anime convention I go to has a ton of people who enjoy cosplaying, and a ton of people who admire the folks who put some much time and effort into what they do.

They degrade what they cosplay as? How? How can you degrade an anime/video game character?

So... what have you seen? Every anime convention I go to has a ton of people who enjoy cosplaying, and a ton of people who admire the folks who put some much time and effort into what they do.
    Ok at cosplay conventions it may seem alot, but if you were to include the rest of the youth those people who admire cosplayers wouldent be alot now would they?

They degrade what they cosplay as? How? How can you degrade an anime/video game character?
    You give it a bad image. I'm not saying i hate cosplayers or that they suck. I just dont like the "star trekky" image Final Fantasy has recieved thanks to cosplayers.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Quote Originally Posted by FFGuevara
    Ok at cosplay conventions it may seem alot, but if you were to include the rest of the youth those people who admire cosplayers wouldent be alot now would they?

You give it a bad image. I'm not saying i hate cosplayers or that they suck. I just dont like the "star trekky" image Final Fantasy has recieved thanks to cosplayers.
    "A lot of people admire them" does not mean "omg everyone thinks they're cool." I can tell you for fact that the average cosplayer doesnt give two [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img]s about what the average population thinks, given the average population is more concerned with Famous Stars and Straps and what Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are up to.

I give it a bad image? How? I've never cosplayed in my life. Firstly, Final Fantasy is always going to be thought of as a 'nerdy' thing in Western countries. That's how almost all non racing/shooting games are thought of. Secondly, in Japan, where cosplay is HUGE, Final Fantasy is very popular with everyone. So your conclusion doesnt make a lick of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    "A lot of people admire them" does not mean "omg everyone thinks they're cool." I can tell you for fact that the average cosplayer doesnt give two [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img]s about what the average population thinks, given the average population is more concerned with Famous Stars and Straps and what Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are up to.
    I agree.

I give it a bad image? How? I've never cosplayed in my life. Firstly, Final Fantasy is always going to be thought of as a 'nerdy' thing in Western countries. That's how almost all non racing/shooting games are thought of. Secondly, in Japan, where cosplay is HUGE, Final Fantasy is very popular with everyone. So your conclusion doesnt make a lick of sense.
    I wasnt saying you gave it a bad image i said Cosplayers do. And this isnt Japan which make's that statement illrelevant. Dont believe me that Cosplayers give what they cosplay as a bad image? Then check this http://www.ytmnd.com/list/?search=cosplay .

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

You said "You give it a bad image."

It isnt cosplayers giving FF a bad image, it's cosplayers giving cosplay a bad image. People mock cosplay no matter what it's about. For example; Star Wars. Your average person knows there are tons of Star Wars nerds. And tons of Star Wars nerds camp out in front of the theatre for months and cosplay everywhere. However, Star Wars is perfectly acceptable to like as far as mainstream consumers are concerned. Final Fantasy is thought of as nerdy because it's an RPG. Simple as that. Video games have always been viewed this way, unless they're something like Halo.

And no, my conclusion is not irrelevant. If cosplay was the reason people think FF is nerdy, then everyone in Japan would think it's nerdy.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Saying cosplayers give the material they draw their inspiration from a bad name makes little sense. You see that would imply that they're somehow indicative of the quality of the game itself which they aren't. I don't think most people would actually see cosplayers dressing up as FF characters and decide that FF must suck. If you feel that way then fine, but I really don't think most people would think less of the games for it (in part because of the popularity of things like Star Wars and Star Trek). And posting a site that collects a bunch of images of people with bad costumes, and making fun of them isn't really proof. All it really shows is some people think cosplay is stupid, not necessarily the games they get their costumes from.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma1234
    Another Pictures:
    Dude! That girl in the Raine cosplay is my friend Angelwing! Eeeee!
    Here's some of her other great cosplays:

Tifa Advent Children

SeeD Quitis

Ellone

And some cosplayer that I don't know, but she has the best Ultimecia so far.
    Last edited by Rinoa_Heartillly; 10-22-2005 at 05:57 AM.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

that pic of seifer that enigma posted in is the best ive seen ever.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm a mediaeveal re-enactor in my spare time, so I'm often in Viking period garb for feasts, fights and other events. You get odd looks in the street, but when you're actually at the event in question nobody cares - in fact, a part of the fun comes from the exchange of opinions and ideas about different garb and techniques. Whenever the general public are present, they usually appreciate quality work too.

At least the FF costumes are creative and original. Most people don't have a clue what they're looking at; all they see is some outlandish but interesting clothing. In this way, it's helpful that the FF series isn't as hugely well-known as other series. I still cringe whenever I see someone strutting through town dressed in plastic as an Imperial Stormtrooper, but someone cosplaying Lulu or Seifer would likely get noticed for the quality of what they're wearing.

Not sure I'd ever do cosplay. There aren't many conventions in my country (in fact, I've never been to one), so there'd be few opportunities to use a costume, after spending so long making it.
    However, from my re-enactment experience, I can say that the first time is a bit of an exercise in self-consciousness, but you get used to it. It always feels a little awkward when you're in public, but when you're at an event and surrounded by curious or like-minded individuals, it's no problem.

Also, there's some brilliant cosplay posted in this thread. You can tell when someone's put in the time, effort and research

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

This thread =

Quote Originally Posted by Rinoa_Heartillly
    Dude! That girl in the Raine cosplay is my friend Angelwing! Eeeee!
    OMG!!!
    in person?

Quote Originally Posted by Rinoa_Heartillly
    And some cosplayer that I don't know, but she has the best Ultimecia so far.
    Thats the best Ultimecia cosplayer I've ever seen!

Ok my turn, another FF cosplayers:

Yuna and Tidus; their so cute!, they are on the quest to find the mercury sigil/crest.

Another Thumbnails:
    Their the best!
    :kaoplain: :kaohappy: :kaolaugh: :kaoyatta: :kaolove: :kaohappy2
    (PS: If my computer haven't infected by virus then I would post more pics here...)
    Last edited by enigma1234; 10-28-2005 at 09:31 AM.

The world of silence maybe a cold and bitter one; like the deep wastes of the arctic regions, it is fit for neither man nor beast. Holding one’s tongue may be prudent, but it is an act of rejection; silence build walls – and walls are symbols of failure.

that paine one is reall good!

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That person dressed as Rikku is almost eerie in her likeness. If I didn;t know better, I'd swear she was Rikku.