Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ok paladin or dark knight

Default ok paladin or dark knight

i just played ff4 for the frist time and just got cecel truned to a paladin so do you think he is better as a paladin i don.t
    :temigi: get readY TO RUMBIL!!! :twak: :fencing: :evilking: :mario: :kaofight:

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

He's got better stats, better equipment, spells, auto-cover, and everyone knows golden armour is the snazz. What more do you want?
    There is no signature here. Move along.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

More dark knight awesomeness.

Game makers are always afraid of making Dark Knights playable characters. When they DO make them playable, they ruin the theme. You can use Darkness for good purposes you know. Just dont give in to it, and be ruled by it.

Paladins are overused, i though it was awesome that the main character was a Dark Knight.

FFXI lets you be a dark knight

I said it before and i will say it again paladin is cool
    Al: I Care, by Al Bundy. When hooters jiggle around and I find nickels on the ground, I care. When a Mustang engine purrs and the bathroom is not hers, I care. When the pitcher's on the mound and the wife is underground, I care. But when I've been playing this for days, I will kill anyone who stays. I swear

Al: Pretty women make us buy beer, and ugly women make us *drink beer*.

Dark Knight was better in the cool department. When he first turned into a Paladin I was like: 'What the.........?' He just didnt look right to me. But once I used him in battle I forgot all about it.

Dark Knights are cool. Paladins are light hugging sissie boys. Bet they went to scouts and everything.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

the dark knight looks cooler and has the funky darkness ability but paladins have better stats on this game. they diliberatly made paladins loads better so you wouldnt care about losing a dark knight.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Everytime I've replayed this game, I curse the day I must climb Mt.Ordeals.
    BAH.
    I love this game, but even as a kid that transformation really pissed me off. I feel like I was snubbed my right to feel evil on the game. At least they didnt transform Rydia into a shriveled up codger.
    Last edited by 3dpolynoma; 10-21-2005 at 08:47 AM.

ok so i just played a littel whit cecel as a paladin i learned keal2 his pretty cool :rolleyes2
    :temigi: get readY TO RUMBIL!!! :twak: :fencing: :evilking: :mario: :kaofight:

His dark wave is actually pretty useful, especially on the serpent road where you fight groups of enemies who can wind up doing more damage to than dark wave would. I didn't notice any huge shift in stats when Cecil became a paladin in my game. However, his cover ability proved mostly useless as he seems to never want to use it when it'd be important, and usually it only protected from weak attacks. His magic is also virtually useless. By the time you hit the end of the game you won't even want to bother with it, making it somewhat negligable.

I really don't mind. I like Cecil as both

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The best thing is in FF III. You can stay a Dark Knight as long as you want to AND you have healing powers. If you buy the right spells at the shops, that is.
    Extra healing is SOOO nice in the long dungeons.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJZen
    I didn't notice any huge shift in stats when Cecil became a paladin in my game. However, his cover ability proved mostly useless as he seems to never want to use it when it'd be important, and usually it only protected from weak attacks. His magic is also virtually useless. By the time you hit the end of the game you won't even want to bother with it, making it somewhat negligable.
    Paladin Level 70 stats (with crystal equipment):
    Str: 99 Agil: 41 Vit: 85 Wis: 36 Will: 68
    Dark Knight Level 70 stats:
    Str: 61 Agil: 41 Vit: 41 Wis: 24 Will: 1

Pretty much speaks for itself, plus I believe Paladin's get Haste, which is always good.
    There is no signature here. Move along.