Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1 word.... Greatestactionmovieoftheyear

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Default 1 word.... Greatestactionmovieoftheyear

In my eyes anyway, I saw it yesturday

and I'd see it again... and again and again..... and again and again and again.

though im not really happy about the storyline... and how sometimes you wish there was blood flying everywhere, its purdy (i littarally said that 8 or 12 times throuought the movie)

LONG LIVE TIFFA VS LOZ!

i saw the movie too it was so awesome. i agree best action movie of the year. proably ever lol.

i thought the storyline was great though. no sitting around everything just kicks into the action real early on.

tiffa vs loz was awesome but my favorite fight seen is when loz cloud and yazoo fight in the forest and loz punches the tree and yahzoo and cloud are on it and yazoo is shooting at cloud while walking down the falling tree. also clouds final attack was by far the coolest limit (if thats what you wanna call it) ever.

oh and reno and rude were funny in the movie haha.
    lynx
    beaten final fantasy III,IV,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2,XII,mystic quest, tacitcs, tactics advanced, crystal chronicles.

you only live once but if you do it right once is enough

my FF amvs

FFXIV Character

oh yes (SPOILER)Knights of the round summon was beautifully done

I donno... i guess the story was alright, but there wasnt any character development... and well... they ddnt involve yuffie enough.

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

bestactionmovieoftheyear? u meen bestactionmovieofthecentury

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

Yea it was incredable alrite. Best fight is either tifas one near the start or clouds in the forest. I was left there laughing in awe at the fights, way too good. Best action film of the century

From GitcherSpite to GetaSling to GitcherSpice
    - Mauro Picotto's Iguana

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Real Lover(really
    bestactionmovieoftheyear? u meen bestactionmovieofthecentury
    You people really haven't seen many movies, have you?

It was pretty and entertaining.. But, it was hardly spectacular.
    Formerly: Autumn Rain

Beyond Fantasy Sephiroths Clone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tsukasa
    oh yes (SPOILER)Knights of the round summon was beautifully done

I dont remember that in the movie?!

Made by me

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroths Clone

I dont remember that in the movie?!
    when cloud is fighting (SPOILER)Sephiroth you see it excecuted, i also saw about 2 enemy attacks.

edit: only the year, not the century, THE YEAR!

when cloud is fighting (SPOILER)Sephiroth you see it excecuted, i also saw about 2 enemy attacks.
    Umm.. What? Are you referring to that (SPOILER)multi-sword Omnislash?

To satisfy all the die-hard fans of final fantasy 7, the movie would have had to been like 7 hours long, so everyone needs to stop saying there should have been more of this and more of that. It was an amazing movie that gave us exactly what we wanted... action and action and action. The story is self-explanatory, and the movie was made in addition to the game, not a re-interpretation of it, so the people who saw it had to have played the game, but even if they didn't.. they still enjoyed it because of the action. This movie is the best of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominus-Ifrit
    To satisfy all the die-hard fans of final fantasy 7, the movie would have had to been like 7 hours long, so everyone needs to stop saying there should have been more of this and more of that. It was an amazing movie that gave us exactly what we wanted... action and action and action. The story is self-explanatory, and the movie was made in addition to the game, not a re-interpretation of it, so the people who saw it had to have played the game, but even if they didn't.. they still enjoyed it because of the action. This movie is the best of the year.
    Again.. Hardly. It looked incredible, but that's all it really had going for it. Granted, it was everything I expected and I was satisfied.. But to call it movie of the year just shows a lack of movie-watching experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn Rain
    Again.. Hardly. It looked incredible, but that's all it really had going for it. Granted, it was everything I expected and I was satisfied.. But to call it movie of the year just shows a lack of movie-watching experience.
    I agree, not because I didn't like it but because the media of a movie like it does not allow (is pretty hard to do in action movies) it to make me care about the story.

Because it didn't have a remotely decent one, and you can defend that by saying they couldn't have had that, and I would respond so what, ff's should (imo) have wonderful stories that's what makes them great for me, so FFAC wasn't a great movie.

As an action movie it was better than I'd rate it on a general movie scale.

Thanks Jess1 for the awesome sig!!!
    Heh, heh, heh
    Join my latest RP, Magi of Greece, http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=77394

I donno... i guess the story was alright, but there wasnt any character development... and well... they ddnt involve yuffie enough.
    This is a sequel to a game u'know! All the character development you want (and more) are all in the game. I guess thats the advantage of this as a movie you go past that and get to the story...which was ok but not great!

overal though the movie is pretty awesome!

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

I thought the movie was great. Especialy since it was a direct-to-video. And i belive most of us can relate to the fact that most movies that are a direct release suck or dont live up to the hype. Example: Start ship troopers 2(something like that), Barney goes to space(Biggest let down ever!!! ) O and The land before time 2 through to 10000(5983 had its moments though). But there are some movies that are great direct-to-video, like Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story.

I just wish the movie was longer, so we could get more of each character (Nanaki, Yuffi, Barret, Cid, and Caith Sith(hes still a character)).

Wow, it really hurts my head seeing all these "Bestest moviiie of the Millennium ya "

Really, give it time and ask someone who is NOT attached to FF and ask them about it.

The fight scenes were good at best.
    More of a giant FMV.
    COOKIES+MUD
    So I waited for you...
    What wouldnt I do
    And I'm covered it's true
    Im covered in You

REAL ULTIMATE POWER!!!