Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: are they dead?

it wasn't a bomb it was fireworks to distract Loz and Yazoo, and they stayed there as you see Reno's face with the exact same background 1 sec before the FIREWORKS not bomb explodes, to prove this is fireworks not only does it explode like fireworks but Rude says "don't know about powerful but sure is FLASHY"
    Last edited by The_Silver_SOLDIER; 11-17-2005 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Silver_SOLDIER
    it wasn't a bomb it was fireworks to distract Loz and Yazoo, and they stayed there as you see thier feet like 1 sec before the FIREWORKS not bomb ezplodes
    Rude says it's destruction is great by far. I'm sorry, that tells me it's a bomb, and you don't see their feet sorry, I just looked at the scene like 5 times, definitely don't see their feet, there is nothing that shows that they are there, and nothing that shows that they aren't but the fact that they survived unharmed, probably means they were far enough away from the explosion.

THE JACKEL

I was also under the impression that they were simply fireworks. In the fan translation they said something that made me think this the first time I watched it but I can't remember what it was now, I'm sure it will be more definate in the English dub and official sub. It never struck me that they were sacrificing themselves.

read my above post again as i have edited it, oh and also they are stood in front of the Shinra building and when you see Reno's face the Shinra building is in the exact same place

Yeah, that was it.

The most powerful of all! Bahumat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ljkkjlcm9
    Rude says it's destruction is great by far. I'm sorry, that tells me it's a bomb, and you don't see their feet sorry, I just looked at the scene like 5 times, definitely don't see their feet, there is nothing that shows that they are there, and nothing that shows that they aren't but the fact that they survived unharmed, probably means they were far enough away from the explosion.

THE JACKAL
    Actually, he a says, "I don't know about powerful.......But it sure is flashy". therefore, it looks like a bomb, essentially IS a bomb, but is actually really powerful fireworks.
    *Insert witty quote here*

"That's not a knife! This is a knife!"
    "Yup. And this, this is a crossbow...."

Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb"

"I am the Alpha, of your Omega.
    I am the Beginning, of your End."
    -Agent Smith

Member of the KH Trinity

My head is spinning.

So was it a mix between fireworks and a bomb?

"TELL ME!!!!!!"
    *Chokes to death on a fishball while screaming*

"Can sin be forgiven?"

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

A firework is classified as low explosive pyrotechnic device used primarily for aesthetic and entertainment purposes. The most common use of a firework is as part of a fireworks display.

Fireworks (devices) take many forms to produce the four primary effects: noise, light, smoke, and floating materials (confetti for example). They may be designed to burn with colored flames and sparks.
    Anyway, if anyone notice the part when the whole thing explode there were sparks and colored smoke all over the place.

Fireworks and other explosives were originally divided into three classes.

Class A products were usually high explosives such as dynamite
    It do look kinda like a dynamite....

it wasn't a bomb it was fireworks to distract Loz and Yazoo, and they stayed there as you see Reno's face with the exact same background 1 sec before the FIREWORKS not bomb explodes, to prove this is fireworks not only does it explode like fireworks but Rude says "don't know about powerful but sure is FLASHY"
    Whether to distract or to kill them is interesting question but seeing the impact of the explosion as such, it should be meant to blast them to death.

And also, since Reno asked "is it powerful?" as the first question which lead us to think it is powerful enough to kill them instead of distracting them with those flashy stuff.
    Last edited by Christmas; 11-19-2005 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknowns
    No, this is shown during the ending of the movie.

Wait a tick! Is that Tseng?
    I would love to be happy, but unfortunately I'm too busy being awesome and kicking your ass at everything

Quote Originally Posted by Satans_apostle
    Wait a tick! Is that Tseng?
    yes that's Tseng and Elena

as for the whole fireworks thing, looking at it after the explosion and stuff shows it's fireworks, but in the subtitle version I have, they don't see it's flashy not powerful. See that's a problem in and of itself. I'm not sure if any of the subtitles is exactly what was really said. Guess we'll have to wait til it comes out to get all the officialy translated lines.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

But I thought (SPOILER)Tseng died in the temple of the ancients in FFVII
    I would love to be happy, but unfortunately I'm too busy being awesome and kicking your ass at everything

Quote Originally Posted by Satans_apostle
    But I thought (SPOILER)Tseng died in the temple of the ancients in FFVII
    what? no, he remotely controlled the robot, hence why another robot came along right after

THE JACKEL

[QUOTE]what? no, he remotely controlled the robot, hence why another robot came along right after[QUOTE]

What robot...?

"Can sin be forgiven?"

Quote Originally Posted by MysticD
    What robot...?
    ...caitsith.... well the moogle part

THE JACKEL

Reeve Tuesti, not Tseng, controlled Cait Sith.

Having said that, most people assumed that Tseng had died because of Elena's comments at Icicle Inn early on Disc 2.

Elena: Cloud... huff... wheeze. I won't let you go any further!

Cloud: What's down there?

Elena: It's a SE-CR-ET. It really doesn't matter! But you really got guts doin'
    my boss in like that!

Cloud: You mean Boss...... Tseng? That wasn't us. Sephiroth did it.

Elena: No! Don't think you can fool me, liar!

Cloud: I'm not lying... it was Sephiroth.

Elena: Don't try to act innocent. I'll never forget it!!
    Based on the fact that Elena suggested that Cloud and company had "[done Tseng] in," it was easy to assume that Tseng had died. However, given Elena's obvious attachment to Tseng, it seems strange that the extent of her desire for revenge was attmepting to punch Cloud. This is because, in fact, Tseng had not died. "[D]oin' my boss in" was actually a mistranslation, and was corrected in the PC version of FFVII. There, the lines were altered to reflect that Tseng had survived.

Moreover, Tseng's final lines at the Temple of the Ancients, before the party descends, were...

Tseng: I'm... still alive....
    As such, while the specifics of Tseng's rescue or escape are not known, it is certain that his appearance in Advent Children makes sense.