Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy VIII Sequel

Final Fantasy VIII Sequel

Why hasn't there been talk of a Final Fantasy VIII sequel, I've been on about it since 00' soon after finishing the game and I think it would be TOTAL slashif Square/ Square-Enix really sat down and made one.

I've thought about it having a basic storyline like Seifer (this dude does not get credit) being the main character 15 years after FF VIII and he's some Aaron look alike bad ass who after being disgraced by the sorcerer fiasco has taken refuge at Tear's point where everyone grew up and it's now it's own verion of a SeeD garden. Here Zell and Seifer (odd couple) help "Headmaster" Laguna Loire train the orphans in preporation of a new threat, The Sorcerer Odin. You see when Seifer was blinded by hate and he "killed" Odin, Seifer's evil entity brushed the almighty Gaurdian Force which brought to life the true nature of Odin. Ultimately, the story leads to the origin of the Gaurdian Forces and will change the way we view them as a whole, we understand Ultimecia's true intentions for wanting to compress time and we meet Seifer's adopted orphan daughter Questa, the Garden's first orphan (Seifer found her with in the Shumi village) who is half human half moomba. She is the anwser to alot of the games questions and plays one of the biggest roles in the game.

Main usable characters will be of course;
    Seifer (a softer but still determined version, he's "matured" so to speak)
    Duran (Headmaster Sid's son and Questa's best friend)
    Questa (Seifer's daughter and direct pupil to Zell so yeah she can kick ass and is really pretty, move aside Rinoa)
    Micholl pro-nounced mi-shoul (a dark traumatized ninja like orphan having survived the Trabia Garden bombing 15 years earlier)
    Raijin (except not as silly this time because Fujin is dead)
    Arialle (a SeeD that had ben lost in time after her and her companions fight with Ultimecia which they lost, oh and the other woman in Seifer's life realisticaly she's 70 plus years old man she i also the other woman is Seifer's life so YES there is a love story)
    IRVINE KINEAS (IT WOULD BE A SIN LEAVING HIM OUT )!!!!

It's easy to tell I've thought about it for a while and I'm trying to think like a fan with a little twist though. This would be far better spin off sequel as compared to the cheesy Final Fantasy X "flower power" sequel.

If you're feeling me by all means let me know. Hate it or love it I want to know what you think, but Final Fantasy VIII cannot just end there

What do you think about a sequel to the game?

OMG
    ARE U RELATED TO FUTURE ESTHAR!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????

**backs away in horror...**

and there has been gossip about a sequel but it died quickly

Sky Blue Sky Recognized Member Trumpet Thief's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

chaos: As much as I would love a sequel, FFVIII was wrapped up perfectly. I wouldn't want to see an FFVIII: 2 with new characters, new storyline, etc.

Rubedo: After all, FFVIII ended with a happy ending with everyone having a huge party. Maybe a remake someday, but a sequel: no.

there's no point to a sequal. it was finished perfectly and Square realized this. There could have been a sequal if they didn't involve a future sorceress, but they did, and too fight another sorceress after they fight the most dangerous one would seem idiotic and pointless, not to say they were happily ever after. Just that their battles after Ultimecia were not as hard. If i made any sense, someone give me a cookie.
    Take a Joke America

Sounds like an okay idea for a fangame, but not good enough for a sequel, imo.

Personal:
    [ E-mail Me ] [ LiveJournal ] [ Myspace ]

Domains of rule:
    [ Sky Tower Games ] [ STG Forums ]

and plus
    remember
    time goes in a loop in the ff8 world because of ulti
    a sequel would be the exact same thing

Everything is not wrapped up fine, as I pointed out in several past threads about sequels.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade
    Anyway, I think that the most likely plot for a sequel (rather than a prequel), would follow directly from the original and it would consist of trying to correct the temporal instability that Squall's actions caused. Namely, the paradox of SeeD.

Since Edea got the idea from Squall, and Squall got the idea from Edea, it forms a paradox. The information has to come from somewhere. That being the case, there is a definite possibility that a number of unstable dimensions came into being due to this oversight. The one they seemed to be in at the end, with no Ulti and a "happily ever after" ending, but probably also one in which the idea never existed in the first place, so that there was nothing to stop Ulti, and she rules that timestream. Now, with all the dimensions and the various space/time anomalies trying to settle, the two worlds are competing for existance. But both are unstable, due to the paradoxical nature of their existance. So the heroes must not only find a way to stop the worlds from tearing each other to pieces, but also a way to correct the instability inherent in their own dimension's existance.

Yeah, heroes can do some pretty stupid things sometimes.
    People never read my posts.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Seifer's daughter? Ehhhh.......

I love the man, but I would stay far from a game with his daughter as the main character....
    You don't hear the symphony I hear...

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

i hate it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

FF8 is love, but there is no need for a sequel. Especially one where everyone is related and you know about at the start of the game (it usually a bad plot device) hough I do like how it never explicitly said Laguna was Squall's dad. Having the characters being the sons and daughters of characters from the main game comes up most in bad fanfics, it's not a good idea, and it seems to be the onne you're basing this around. Your other idea is a matured Seifer (who's character you seem to like) but I didn't see Raijin and Fuijin, what's with that? Seifer relies on others to support him or a dream of something greater, and he definitely needs the support of Fuijin and Raijin. And one last point on Seifer, in the ending with that fishing scene you see him and them, and it's just so perfect for those characters to be in that scene. Seifer failing but laughing and enjoying himself. Raijin getting pushed into the water but definitely having fun and fitting the group, and Fuijin pushing him in trying to make Seifer happy, it's a group I wouldn't want to see split up because I love how it works within the game. And you want to take that away? for shame. It also concluded Seifer perfectly so I don't think try to add to it makes any sense except in a fanfic.

i hate it.
    True story.

Thanks Jess1 for the awesome sig!!!
    Heh, heh, heh
    Join my latest RP, Magi of Greece, http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=77394

Quote Originally Posted by GunbladeMaster
    OMG
    ARE U RELATED TO FUTURE ESTHAR!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????

**backs away in horror...**
    That post, was in NO WAY similar to the foolishness posted by FE. Don't insult the guy by saying he reminds you of FE. His post was coherent, and it wasn't making up fiction about the current plot found in FFVIII. Its something entirely different.

Anyways, I like the idea. However, a sequel to FFVIII is incredibly unlikely, in the near future, anyway.

Very interesting plot, much better than the "OMG LETS MAEK A GAEM ABOUT LAGUNA AND SORCERESS WAR LOL"

I like the idea of a quest with a calmer, more "mature" Seifer as the hero in the future. He'd be a great character to do a new storyline on. I'd love to see that battle system return, and something similar to junctioning, though not identical.
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

Quote Originally Posted by GunbladeMaster
    and plus
    remember
    time goes in a loop in the ff8 world because of ulti
    a sequel would be the exact same thing
    That misses the point of a sequel. The idea of a sequel means showing what happens AFTER the Garden Party in the Ending. We'd only see the same thing again if you stayed behind with little Squall at the orphanage during the ending, which clearly cannot be defined as a sequel.

So no, a sequel would NOT be the exact same thing.

Everything is not wrapped up fine, as I pointed out in several past threads about sequels.

Originally Posted by Skyblade:
    Anyway, I think that the most likely plot for a sequel (rather than a prequel), would follow directly from the original and it would consist of trying to correct the temporal instability that Squall's actions caused. Namely, the paradox of SeeD.

Since Edea got the idea from Squall, and Squall got the idea from Edea, it forms a paradox. The information has to come from somewhere. That being the case, there is a definite possibility that a number of unstable dimensions came into being due to this oversight. The one they seemed to be in at the end, with no Ulti and a "happily ever after" ending, but probably also one in which the idea never existed in the first place, so that there was nothing to stop Ulti, and she rules that timestream. Now, with all the dimensions and the various space/time anomalies trying to settle, the two worlds are competing for existance. But both are unstable, due to the paradoxical nature of their existance. So the heroes must not only find a way to stop the worlds from tearing each other to pieces, but also a way to correct the instability inherent in their own dimension's existance.

Yeah, heroes can do some pretty stupid things sometimes.

People never read my posts.
    Although it's a good idea(sounds somewhat similar to FFV with all the parallel worlds and so on), there is no paradox in the origin of the phrase SeeD. You see, there are two ways to think of time in FF8:

1) A time that cannot be changed(ie. static time). It's impossible to change the past, and the future exists in the same way that the past does. In this type of time(the type I find the best interpretation of time in FF8) asking where the phrase SeeD came from is as meaningless as asking what the 'starting' point of a circle is. It's not the answer presents a paradox, it's that the question itself has no meaning.

2) A time that CAN be changed(ie. dynamic time). In a time where the past can be changed, it's clear enough that there must have been an 'original' time(because when Ultimecia goes back to the orphanage in the ending, she must have been changing something) which would naturally contain the origin of the phrase SeeD. In this time it's not there is no answer, it's that we can't ever know the answer.

This is discussed in more detail in the FAQ I've linked to several times on this forum.

On a final note, your idea could easily be based on something else and still work, but I think it's wrong to say the origin of SeeD presents a paradox.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bahamut
    That misses the point of a sequel. The idea of a sequel means showing what happens AFTER the Garden Party in the Ending. We'd only see the same thing again if you stayed behind with little Squall at the orphanage during the ending, which clearly cannot be defined as a sequel.

So no, a sequel would NOT be the exact same thing.

Although it's a good idea(sounds somewhat similar to FFV with all the parallel worlds and so on), there is no paradox in the origin of the phrase SeeD. You see, there are two ways to think of time in FF8:

1) A time that cannot be changed(ie. static time). It's impossible to change the past, and the future exists in the same way that the past does. In this type of time(the type I find the best interpretation of time in FF8) asking where the phrase SeeD came from is as meaningless as asking what the 'starting' point of a circle is. It's not the answer presents a paradox, it's that the question itself has no meaning.

2) A time that CAN be changed(ie. dynamic time). In a time where the past can be changed, it's clear enough that there must have been an 'original' time(because when Ultimecia goes back to the orphanage in the ending, she must have been changing something) which would naturally contain the origin of the phrase SeeD. In this time it's not there is no answer, it's that we can't ever know the answer.

This is discussed in more detail in the FAQ I've linked to several times on this forum.

On a final note, your idea could easily be based on something else and still work, but I think it's wrong to say the origin of SeeD presents a paradox.
    Someone read my post! Yay!!!

I understand your point, but I hate the idea of fate. It is totally inaccurate, and while the game designers may have intended for it to be present in this game, I would rather not view it that way. Sticking total BS (which is what fate is) into a game is a good way to ruin it, and I like this game too much to see it ruined. So don't talk to me about fate.

La di da di da, I can't hear you...
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

XD

Yeah, that's right, you're the one who REALLY dislike fated
    Don't worry though, I'm not about to twist the thread into something not particularly relevant to the topic at hand. So you got lucky this time

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bahamut
    XD

Yeah, that's right, you're the one who REALLY dislike fated
    Don't worry though, I'm not about to twist the thread into something not particularly relevant to the topic at hand. So you got lucky this time
    I really dislike all ridiculously incorrect ideas. Fate does not exist. Period. It is a completely illogical idea, and it has not once stood up to my arguments.

Now then, assuming for a moment that fate does not exist, what do you think of my idea?