Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone tell me a good way to get Megalixers?

Default Can anyone tell me a good way to get Megalixers?

I'm looking for as many megalixers as possible, to get as many sets of 20 for adding Double AP to my characters weapons. (I'd like to get Triple AP, but it looks like getting 50 Wings to Discovery will be a pain).

I know you get 30 for catching 2 Splashers, 2 Achelous, and 2 Maelspikes, but I've got that already.

As well, I've tried bribing Xiphos, but giving it 500,000 gil only gets you 3 Megalixers.

Any other good ways?

(Please note that I have the North American version, not international).
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Approaching this the other way, the battle arena fiend One-Eye drops weapons with Triple AP and two or three slots. Or did you want to customize Triple AP on a weapon with four slots?

Quote Originally Posted by BG-57
    Approaching this the other way, the battle arena fiend One-Eye drops weapons with Triple AP and two or three slots. Or did you want to customize Triple AP on a weapon with four slots?
    hhmmm....that could work.....

However, I wanted to get some good levelling weapons so I can level up a ton, and then do the Monster arena.

I'll give it a try though.....how much HP does One-Eye have? (I'm not home at the moment)
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

Contributions

150,000 HP, so it seems to be an easy kill with leveled characters and BDL weapons. But it has Auto-Regen, so it'll take longer. It also casts Shockwave, which does a lot of damage and causes a lot of nasty status ailments, particularly Confusion. You have to take it down fast, so Auto-Haste and Quick Hit are almost mandatory here.

Triple AP Weapons customized with Overdrive -> AP and Triple Overdrive make dandy AP-gaining weapons.
    Last edited by BG-57; 10-24-2005 at 01:17 PM.

150,000 HP, so it seems to be an easy kill with leveled characters and BDL weapons. But it has Auto-Regen, so it'll take longer. It also casts Shockwave, which does a lot of damage and causes a lot of nasty status ailments, particularly Confusion. You have to take it down fast, so Auto-Haste and Quick Hit are almost mandatory here.

Triple AP Weapons customized with Overdrive -> AP and Triple Overdrive make dandy AP-gaining weapons.
    Right on, thanks.

Triple AP would be nice to have, however aren't you only able to get 3 chests in the Remiem Temple Chocobo Race just once? And it takes 50 Wings to Discovery to get the Triple AP ability in a weapon. Is there another way to get Wings to Discovery? Or can you keep winning that race, and getting as many wings to discovery as you like?
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

Contributions

You can bribe Malboros about 540,000 Gil for four and Great Malboros about 1,280,000 for eight. Possible but expensive as all get out.

You can get Megalixirs by bribing Xiphos 54,000 for one or bribing Varuna for 1,120,000 for twenty.
    Last edited by BG-57; 10-24-2005 at 01:42 PM.

You can bribe Malboros about 540,000 Gil for four and Great Malboros about 1,280,000 for eight. Possible but expensive as all get out.

You can get Megalixirs by bribing Xiphos 54,000 for one or bribing Varuna for 1,120,000 for twenty.
    Excellent. Thanks.

Looks like I'll be doing some bribing. For Megalixers, that is. Bribing Malboros with 540,000 to get just 4 Wings To Discovery, when i need 50 for one character sounds like a long and expensive path. Perhaps I'll just stick to bribing Varuna for 20 each time to get double AP. I do have over 1,000,000 gil right now, but it'll take quite a while to aquire it again.
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think it will be better to overkill Shinryu for Wings Of Discovery.
    And if you want Triple AP weapon, it might be better if you kill One-Eye for it and save the Wings of Discovery for Break HP limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknowns
    I think it will be better to overkill Shinryu for Wings Of Discovery.
    And if you want Triple AP weapon, it might be better if you kill One-Eye for it and save the Wings of Discovery for Break HP limit.
    Is Break HP Limit necessary for the Monster arena?
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

For me, Yes. But it is still possible to defeat the monsters in Area Creations without it. But I advise to get it for the other creations.

But some have argue that having Auto Potion/Auto Phoenix/Auto Haste/Auto Protect with Auto Life constantly cast will work too. But you have to clear all your potion and leave only X potion behind and you will be wasting one everytime you are hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknowns
    For me, Yes. But it is still possible to defeat the monsters in Area Creations without it. But I advise to get it for the other creations.

But some have argue that having Auto Potion/Auto Phoenix/Auto Haste/Auto Protect with Auto Life constantly cast will work too. But you have to clear all your potion and leave only X potion behind and you will be wasting one everytime you are hit.
    Man......getting the AP gaining weapons is one thing, and then there's customizing armour

Anyone know where to get a weapon for Auron with 3 or 4 empty slots?
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

Contributions

Did you talk to Wantz on Mt. Gagazet? He'll appear near the entrance to Macalania Woods after you go to the Highbridge with the Airship. He sells weapons and armors with 4 slots each for every character. They're completely empty so you can customize them as you see fit.

Did you talk to Wantz on Mt. Gagazet? He'll appear near the entrance to Macalania Woods after you go to the Highbridge with the Airship. He sells weapons and armors with 4 slots each for every character. They're completely empty so you can customize them as you see fit.
    I went back to Mt. Gagazet, and Highbridge, and he wasn't in either of those places. I've been inside Sin already, and beat Seymour inside Sin. Will he still be in Macalania Forest?
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

Contributions

Well did you talk to Wantz when you went through Mt. Gagazet the first time? He disappears from the game between then and Highbridge and then he'll appear in Macalania Woods, but only if you talked to him before.

Well did you talk to Wantz when you went through Mt. Gagazet the first time? He disappears from the game between then and Highbridge and then he'll appear in Macalania Woods, but only if you talked to him before.
    Yes, I spoke to him on Mt. Gagazet my first time through.
    So he should be in Macalania Forest?
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.