Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ff7 is it as good as it is said?

Only you can truly answer that ?uestion for yourself. In my opinion VII has some pretty bad graphics minus the F.M.V’s. However given its age and when it was released, the game’s graphics are forgivable. The story is enough to draw you in, hold you down and never let go. Simply put, you’ll love the story. Some characters suck, plain and simple. ‘Cait Sith’ is just…’hmmmmmmm’ useless in battle. However, this does not take away from the overall experience. There are some pretty cool moments in the game. Some utterly touching music and one of the most famous boss theme’s in any of the FF games. Don't let yourself be drawn into the hype of this game. Otherwise may not find it able to live up too so many exaggerated points. If you go into the game with a clear and open mind with enjoy it completely.

Quote Originally Posted by GunbladeMaster
    8=first
    7=second
    10=third
    agreed

VII was by far the best FF for me. IX was a tribute to all the previous FF's, it was going back to its roots. it had a pretty good story but i didnt fall for the characters. VIII was very "blah" to me. the story was to simple and the characters didnt give me any emotions. VII though was a piece of art. it had a stunning soundtrack (that i still havent been able to buy ), awesome story, and marvelous characters. everyone can relate to a character from FFVII. if it hadnt been so good they wouldnt have made all the prequels and sequals to it. but like its been said, dont go into the game thinking about how good people say it is. i can guarantee this, you wont regret it. i used to hate rpgs until i played VII.

my thanks to Blitz Ace for the sig

"We may never meet again, but we'll never forget each other." Leon (Kingdom Hearts)

Yeah, it's that good. Here's the thing, they're all that good, though.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's a lot of fun once you get into it. There are a lot of cool spells and abilities you can get once you get far along. I think the enemy skill system in ff7 is the best of any ff game, and materia levelling is pretty cool although time consuming. The battle arena is better than in other games as well.

whats really cool is that the characters aren't really that sophisticated like the other FF's (namely 8 and 10)

so it's so funny when you see these polygonic (wonder if that's a word) characters stiffly jumping around doing funny stuff

so you get humor too in such a deep and twisted story line.

Quote Originally Posted by BackRoomKid
    whats really cool is that the characters aren't really that sophisticated like the other FF's (namely 8 and 10)

so it's so funny when you see these polygonic (wonder if that's a word) characters stiffly jumping around doing funny stuff

so you get humor too in such a deep and twisted story line.
    FFVII's graphic style was awesome. I much prefered the original style to what they did in AC.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Playing Final Fantasy VII for me was a an overwhelmingly great experience. The story was the best in the series. The characters and their own individual stories great greatly planned and exceed my expectations unlike some of the other Final Fantasies. The side plots, leveling up, and limit breaks are the best in my opinion. In conclusion Final Fantasy VII is not only the best in the series, but one of the most exhirilating games that one can experience.
    Nandattebayo!!!

Its good game and definatly worth the play. But I dont actually rate it that high in my 'FF scale'. VIII, IX,V and X come before VII for me (in that order also). I find the game to be slightly overrated, especially the characters (mainly Cloud, Sephiroth and Tifa). Its good, but all the hype degrades it. But definatly get it, you wont know till you play it yourself. Oh and dont get me wrong, I do love this game, I just prefer the ones I stated earlier.

I love the magic and ability system in FFVII, it's so customisable and easy to use.

that's one of the reasons I love the game so much, ease of playability and it also has immense replay value.

I don't know anybody who's only played/completed FFVII just once.
    My Cure spell brings all the boys to the yard,
    And they're like: "It's better than yours."
    Damn right, it's better than yours!
    I could Heal you, but I have to charge.

i agree with light mage. the playability gets top marks from me. if they go through with it and put ff7 onto ps3, then that will probably get my vote as being the best

Why do you imprison your saviour?

FF7 is my all time favourite FF Game, so for me, yeah defo get it and anyone else, its honestly great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by boys from the dwarf
    FF7 is a good game but FF8 and 9 (expecially 8.)have better character development and personalitys which is why i like them both more than FF7 which is a brilliant game.
    I know FF9 had great character development, but with FF8 - you can't be serious can you? All the characters are forgotten not even half way through the game. >.<;

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle
    I know FF9 had great character development, but with FF8 - you can't be serious can you? All the characters are forgotten not even half way through the game. >.<;
    I think he's referring to the characters personalities. If this is so then I agree with him totally that VIII had the best.

Reno's my man! <3 Fire_Emblem776's Avatar

:strut: :strut: you have to pay it sever times, cause the odds are you aint gona understand the plot... i know i was lost.. i was young....