Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: stupid americans.

Summoner of Nessie Brian The Pink Shark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ?????
    Tactics was about as hard as snorting a line of sugar off an ashtray at IHOP.
    that'll be why it's hard then

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Dark Aeons were not released until the PAL release, the Japanese don't have them either.

FFIV (called FFII at the time) was released in the early 1990's. We've received either the same game as the Japanese or a better version with more extras in many of the releases we've had in this country for quite some time now.

American popular culture is spreading like wildfire amongst the Japanese youth, and many are striving to be more "American".

Care to present any other evidence of the Japanese regarding Americans as "stupid"?

FFX released in Japan -> FFX released in US -> FFX International released in Japan (because the Japanese wanted more) -> FFX Internation released in Europe, under the name of FFX.

So yes, the Japanese do have all the extra stuff, in fact I think they even have an extra ending after you beat Penance, though I'm not sure.

It happened with FFX-2 as well, the Japanese got FFX-2 International and Final Mission, but because FFX-2 was released in Europe before that was released, we just got the normal version.

It's just about timing, really.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by ?????
    Tactics was about as hard as snorting a line of sugar off an ashtray at IHOP.
    ...what the hell kind of an analogy is that?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Neel With A Hat
    It's because we smoke more weed than the Japanese.
    Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by chocobo hunter
    I think that americans are so cool. You could take apart any of the various contries of the world and find aspects that you dislike or like its all a matter of opinion. I think that the u.s gamers are quite smart
    gracias
    It looks like the ground had a sex change.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jamie Star Scenario

" We'll make a big glass crater out of the smurfing Middle East for all I care. "

The Jamie Star Scenario The Jamie Star Scenario's Avatar

"I never realised that North Korea is so much bigger than South Korea!"

It's funny because I watched that, and yet can't remember for the life of me what it was.

Anyway, I agree with the guy who said France was next.

Tomb Raider didn't have to be dumbed down for America. It had to be dumbed down for Japan. They can't take action games for some reason. But I guess that does make us look stupider. But I wouldn't say hardcore anywhere. They can tear up a puzzle game. But Tomb Raider is not their thing. Prince of Persia is not their thing. God of War is not their thing. Devil May Cry 3 and Ninja Gaiden. Ha. Speaking of which. Their hard mode? Yeah, that somehow translates into "normal" or even "easy" for us >_>;

And yes, Dark Aeons were in the international and re-released Japanese versions of the game. Which came out after North America's release. Also, when Japan localizes a game for North American shores. It's usually for ALL of North America. Just to point out, that includes Canada.

I have to agree that they just realize we like a different taste in games usually. Which is, or at least was, embodied in the X-Box. A system that was completely modeled after Western tastes was almost completely unwelcome on Eastern shores. 'Cause they push the action games, and first person shooters, and stuff. Our tastes.

And I also agree they have made up for underestimating us over the years. Look at the strategy RPG genre. They were few and far between until the current generation of consoles. Nippon Ichi is soaking that crap up. Finally realizing we like that stuff. We could always rely on Atlus. But now the heavy hitters who usually let Atlus handle their questionable games realized. Namco and Konami aren't afraid to release a certain type of game over here anymore. Capcom has seemed to always love playing risks, I don't think they plan on stopping in the future either. America loves games. Just not as much, or in the same way as Japan.

Also, when Japan localizes a game for North American shores. It's usually for ALL of North America. Just to point out, that includes Canada
    Ah! So its thier fault!

Bipper

The thing Im annoyedwith, is us Europeans not getting FF Tactics and all that.

And yes PiP, us Norwegians rule!

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Lindy
    FFX released in Japan -> FFX released in US -> FFX International released in Japan (because the Japanese wanted more) -> FFX Internation released in Europe, under the name of FFX.

So yes, the Japanese do have all the extra stuff, in fact I think they even have an extra ending after you beat Penance, though I'm not sure.

It happened with FFX-2 as well, the Japanese got FFX-2 International and Final Mission, but because FFX-2 was released in Europe before that was released, we just got the normal version.

It's just about timing, really.
    FFX-2 international was released in America; I saw it in gamestop. Eventhough it was probably in Japanese.

Ciddieless since 2004

Europe is clever than America and Japan. Why do you think they had European Extreme in MGS2?
    Money, power, sex... and elephants.
    -- Capt. Simon Illyan, ImpSec

It just bit me, is all. Little Miss Awesome's Avatar

From what I know Americans are just like any other countries people. There are the lovely people down to the nasty people, and since it's such a large country I think it would be unfair to group them all under one stereotype. I like American's, but I know a lot of my friends who don't like them because they think they're stupid and other nasty things, but they forget some of the cleverest people in the world were from America, and hundreds of the things they use today were invented in America!