Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tarja is out of nightwish

Except Lita Ford is not metal, hard rock.

Vixen, I think is the same but they suck either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by MecaKane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yliette View Post
    Avril's become more profane now with lines such as "Hell yeah, I'm a m***** f***in' princess"
    No matter how much you and Sigmund Freud want it to be, 'mother' is not a curse word.

I though they were working a new album!!??!?! Im confuzzled..Haahahaha that Dream Theatre comment..priceless. It doesnt matter if they break up i mean there aren't any other opera metal bands i can think of but there still quite a lot of harmonic bands fronted by chicks in which the songs dabble in metal at times.

The band's not breaking up :P and from what I hear, now they are more free to do music that is more experimental and maybe even rougher. I believe that Tuomas is a wise enough person to realize that Nightwish isn't Nightwish without operatic vocals, that's what it's always been about. So I don't think that the next singer will be anything like Britney Spears or Christina Aquilera x)

Quote Originally Posted by tailz
    the only album i think is a litlle bit worse then the other (not a bad album just the others were better) was oceanborn (schok :P)
    OMFG! Oceanborn is widely considered their BEST album o.o! and I think so too, but your entitled to your opinion of course :)

Quote Originally Posted by Meat Puppet
    isn;t she the president over there, too?
    Not quite, although the president's name is Tarja, her surname is Halonen and not Turunen :P I thought you would've learnt this from Conan O'brien x)

And Crushed Hope, it's Marco, not Marcus ;) (not a big deal, I know, but just wanted to correct a bit x))

Fevered lovers and austere thinkers
    Love equally, in their ripe season
    Cats powerful and gentle, pride of the house
    Like them they feel the cold, like them are sedentary

- Charles Baudelaire
    I'm listening to...

Quote Originally Posted by Crushed Hope
    Don't make such statements, there are many good bands with GREAT female vocals in them.

Thorr's Hammer, Hellion, Ashtar, Dream Theater
    I got a kick out of that.

As for Nightwish, be interesting to see whether they go back to operatic vocals, take a more experimental approach, or just go Evanescene on all our asses.
    [leeza]Total sig height should not be over 250 pixels, including all text.[/leeza]

gdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsg

Don't make such statements, there are many good bands with GREAT female vocals in them.

Thorr's Hammer, Hellion, Ashtar, Dream Theater
    Except Thorr's hammer is grunts so they don't count. Plus not even that great. Other Doom Metal>Doom Metal with death grunts.

Never heard Hellion or Ashtar. Ashtar sounds like a black metal name, probably sucks.

Ashtar are folk metal. >_>

Harsh vocals are still vocals wether or not one person likes them. Thorr's Hammer is one of the best doom metal bands ... easily.
    Avril's become more profane now with lines such as "Hell yeah, I'm a m***** f***in' princess"
    No matter how much you and Sigmund Freud want it to be, 'mother' is not a curse word.

gdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsg

Ashtar are folk metal. >_>

Harsh vocals are still vocals wether or not one person likes them. Thorr's Hammer is one of the best doom metal bands ... easily.
    Grunts are best used in a band like Morbid Angel or Obituary. I'd take St. Vitus over any one of the doom-death bands anytime.

Harsh vocals can fit any number of genres, I personally love them in my doom metal.

I mean Acid Bath, are argueably the best Doom/Sludge band to ever exist, and they use a mixture of harsh and clean vocals.

Yeah, St. Vitus are better than most doom metal bands, but if you really want to go that way, Candlemass and Scald are so much better.

=)

Ayreon (and all related projects), After Forever, and The Gathering all have good female vocals.

But on topic- yes, this is big news, but I think it'll be fresh if they find a talented new singer. I'm more into Nightwish for the music anyways.

Just hope he won't be the next singer :laugh:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    President Shinra is dead...

Cloud: "Only Sephiroth can use that sword."
    "You sure?"
    Cloud: "Of course. He uses it to shave his legs. Do you think anyone else will want to touch it after that?"

or none of these
    http://takaisin.fi/nw/

Fevered lovers and austere thinkers
    Love equally, in their ripe season
    Cats powerful and gentle, pride of the house
    Like them they feel the cold, like them are sedentary

- Charles Baudelaire
    I'm listening to...