Thread: Timeline

Timeline

Now correct me if i'm wrong but in X they said Sin came back every 5 years but in X-2 it has only been two years so Sin may not be gone for ever Yu Yeven may still be out there in another host just waiting till the calm ends

Quote Originally Posted by Demonicsephiroth
    Now correct me if i'm wrong but in X they said Sin came back every 5 years but in X-2 it has only been two years so Sin may not be gone for ever Yu Yeven may still be out there in another host just waiting till the calm ends
    Except that Yu-Yevon is dead, remember???

Thanks Jess1 for the awesome sig!!!
    Heh, heh, heh
    Join my latest RP, Magi of Greece, http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=77394

Quote Originally Posted by raskerino
    Except that Yu-Yevon is dead, remember???
    Yes i know that he was defeated but who is to say that he cant come back the aeons came back so

The aeons came back because there fayth's lived and were taken over. Yu Yevon died, there was no fayth for him because he's not an aeon, he uses them for protection. The game gave no hint what-so-ever that this would happen.

Heh, heh, heh
    Join my latest RP, Magi of Greece, http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=77394

Actually, raskerino, this is an excellent point, and I think you are dismissing it far to quickly. For one thing, Yu Yevon was originally just a summoner, remember? He manipulated an aeon into Sin. But what one person can do, another can reproduce. Sin can return, even without Yu Yevon. What's more, Sin usually did remain gone for longer than the mere two years that it has been since Yuna defeated him. It's almost strange that people would be so accepting of the "Eternal Calm". They've been living with Sin for a millenia, then all of a sudden someone defeats him and lives to tell the tale, and they just accept that this person has done what a thousand years of summoners could not, even though there is no evidence that Sin won't be coming back? No one is skeptical?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade
    Actually, raskerino, this is an excellent point, and I think you are dismissing it far to quickly. For one thing, Yu Yevon was originally just a summoner, remember? He manipulated an aeon into Sin. But what one person can do, another can reproduce. Sin can return, even without Yu Yevon. What's more, Sin usually did remain gone for longer than the mere two years that it has been since Yuna defeated him. It's almost strange that people would be so accepting of the "Eternal Calm". They've been living with Sin for a millenia, then all of a sudden someone defeats him and lives to tell the tale, and they just accept that this person has done what a thousand years of summoners could not, even though there is no evidence that Sin won't be coming back? No one is skeptical?
    Thank you Skyblade

I thought Sin came back every ten years, not 5. I remember Auron always saying "10 years ago....". Correct me if im wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonicsephiroth
    its 10 years

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

the sin they once knew is dead but if someone were to do the same thing as yu-yevon they could create a new sin so he could return bigger and better in the future of spira(like i care!FFX-2 was awful and i would poke forks into every one who attemps another FFX sequel or prequel.)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

*resisting to reply for the use of the fork*

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm pretty sure Yu Yevon is dead. He wasn't immortal, and without his armor of Sin, he didn't stand a chance.

Besides, all the fayths dried up, so even if he did want to make a new Sin, he would have to make some new aeons, because all the ones that were are gone on to the farplane. I doubt people would be willing to let themselves be encased in stone anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade
    That's a good point, though I think it's about the people of Spira, not the topic. To manipulate an aeon into being Sin, they would need training as a summoner which they can't get without summons. To do what your saying they would have to find new summons, and once they had them sure they could kill anything but why would they specifically make it Sin. The game gave no hint of something like this happening. And to do this you would need these steps:
    1.Fayth
    1.a) The old fayth is manipulated again (even though this has already happened so they would probably be more prepared, also they only want to rest, not fight. or:
    1.b) When people died they'd have to become new fayth, which could only happen in the near future because otherwise the knowledge of summoning would have gone away, or become changed into innacuracies as many myth's are.
    2.Knowing of the Fayths
    2.a) You'd have to know that these people died and became Fayth, and as this only seems to happen when war is occuring or there is a huge threat I find this unlikely. There was no sign of war or huge threat coming out after X-2, nothing hints that Fayth would be remade soon, and if it wasn't then the knowledge of summoning would probably corrupt.
    3.Training
    3.a) They'd have to train, which would need a pilgrimage which would mean the knowledge of new summoning would have to be known throughout Spira, which I see as unlikely within Yuna's generation.
    4.Power
    4.a) They'd have to be about the most powerful summoner ever (Yu-Yevon was the strongest in 1000 years.)
    5.Hints
    5.a) The game would have to hint that something like this would happen, it seems a non-sequitor.

Without other info this is an interesting idea but there is no other evidence for this, and it is so unlikely. It seems like an interesting idea for a fanfic. And yes I did dismiss it to quickly but it doesn't make a lot of sense as something that would actually happen. If there's a mistake in the above I'd like to see it.

Onto Skyblade's idea:
    They've been living with Sin for a millenia, then all of a sudden someone defeats him and lives to tell the tale, and they just accept that this person has done what a thousand years of summoners could not, even though there is no evidence that Sin won't be coming back? No one is skeptical?
    Interesting, I think there is huge evidence that Sin won't come back as it makes very little sense. On the other hand no one but the characters in your party actually have evidence for this. I think people would be skeptical, and X-2 could have been done very differently based on this. Of course X would probably be changed a little to fit this but here goes.

A world of fear for you have 6-10 people saying they had stopped Sin forever, which is not enough for many too trust it. The heros of X are disbelieved by many, for they defeated Sin with no evidence that's provable that he won't come back (Mika's evidence or the Fayth couldn't back them up as only they saw it). Also they stopped the final aeon from coming back, and if they said this openly (which I think Yuna would be naive enough to say in her speech). So we have disbelieved main characters who are probably still considered traitors, as well as a belief of everyone else that the calm was not permanent. Or maybe they'd get some respect for defeating Sin, I'm not sure what would happen. Anyways the person in power would probably try to kill them for power in a quick attempt at taking over... I dunno just one idea. No clue what would happen but that's a great idea skyblade.

Edit: I posted after Rubah, but wrote as she did. I agree with her.

Heh, heh, heh

u never know just don't assume anything

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

make X-3. game start. sin comes. everyone dead. no sequels. goes back in time. kills everyone. no prequels. yay!

Ps: aurons dead so he can't die! w00t!

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.