Page 170 of 316 FirstFirst ... 70120150160164165166167168169170171172173174175176180190220270 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 4729

Thread: ff7 riddles

Dragon Mage did it anyway Niflheim was the elemental realm of ice and was there at the beginning of time along with Muspelheim for some reason it and Helheim are used inter-changably

I didn't mention Wutai first however. G SpOtZ did, as shown in the quote below.

Darkness colluding, - All members witness each others' fights.

A machination of doom. - The first four intend on defeating Yuffie, and prevent her from reaching the top of the Pagoda.

Four Teutonic beasts of War. - The first four, defending Godo, might be considered beats of ancient origin, and could have helped fight during the War of Wutai.

Head on aint an option. - To get to Godo, you must beat the first four 1 by 1.

At the base of a memory - "base" may refer to the "home" of Godo, as the Pagoda is his to rule, and "memory" may refer to the fact that Godo hasn't fought there in a long time.

of startling aptness, - Yuffie did not know her own father was the 5th god/beast that resided at the top of the Pagoda, but took it in quickly and fought him.

I block your way,

yet reward your passage - Both of these last two lines can refer to the first four individual Pagoda gods, as you are denied access to the next god if you do not beat the previous. Once you do beat one, s/he congratulates you and let's you move on.
    It could also refer to Godo himself, as he (in a sense) blocks the reality of Yuffie's strength, and life. Reward may obviously refer to the prizes you recieve after defeating him.
    This is LN's reply to the former post.
    Wrong. I can only say the second line is right, and the 1st line is right but not what I meant.
    Since LN confirmed that Wutai had something to do with the riddle, I made that as my second guess. However, I was wrong. I went back and looked at the previous posts connected to this riddle. And this is what I found.
    LN said a number of times that the second line had something to do with a machine that is created to destroy. However, here he confirms G SpOtZ guessed and says that "A machination of doom" is actually people, not a machine. This does not make sense and I am a little confused. LN, can you please explain? Because this will throw people off when trying to solve this riddle.

Oh, im so sorry!
    A machination of doom - a machiene to destroy, and also prevent progress. Understand? Prevent reaching the top of the tower...thats also right. Wrong tower.
    The second line...well,
    4 enemies is the closest sense there...I think i got first and second line wrong way round. Um. Sorry. Nothing to do with Wutai.
    The last words of Oscar Wilde, to the wallpaper in his room - "One of us has to go"

wild guess: Proud Clod

The line about preventing progress sounds very similar to Yevon in FFX, but i can't think of a place in FF7....

Except maybe Rocket Town?

Umm...literal preventing progress. Not like, holding a countyr back or anything.
    The last words of Oscar Wilde, to the wallpaper in his room - "One of us has to go"

Is the tower in question the Shinra Building?

Second Character: paine
    Third Character: squall

Which FF Character Are You?

fort condor the four tpes of robots not sure so ill say fort condor

Both all wrong.

Thank you for clearing that up LN.

Now allow me sum up what we know.

We're looking for a monster that is a machine with 4 parts or possibly 4 monsters that you have to kill. This monster(s) is preventing you from reaching the top of a tower. When you defeat the monster(s), you gain an item. There is something specifically of German origin here, but not having to do with Niblehiem. 5th and 6th lines are being left out here.

Is this correct? If not please point out what's wrong.
    Last edited by Dragon Mage; 08-19-2006 at 05:35 AM.

Yes, you are perfectly correct.

going on 4 parts stopping entering a tower, i'm going to say proud clod. it has 4 parts (i think!?) and stops u reaching hojo at the top of his structure thingy

Why do you imprison your saviour?

Proud Clod has 2 parts. Him, and the Junon Armour (sp?)

So not the pagoda, not the shinra building, not the 'structure thingy' (sister ray) and not fort condor.

The gold saucer could count as a tower I guess, or perhaps the one in Junon but im starting to get the feeling it isnt a literal tower at all.

Second Character: paine
    Third Character: squall

Which FF Character Are You?

None of those have been specifically denounced, except the pagoda.

I would have to guess the monsters on the train at North Corel.
    The Gold Saucer could be considered the tower. The train will destroy the town if you don't save it. On the train are 4 monsters you have to kill, all of which are machines. North Correl itself is the 'base' of a memory for Barret which he clearly remembers very well. If you save the town, you gain the Ultima materia.
    It's a strech but that's what I found.