Page 250 of 316 FirstFirst ... 150200230240244245246247248249250251252253254255256260270300 ... LastLast
Results 3,736 to 3,750 of 4729

Thread: ff7 riddles

is it clouds "orgaincs" sword? in something organic there are a wide variety of elements which it is composed of (carbon, phosphorous, etc). it fits in with "cloud sword" and it is bought in a place where research is done, icicle inn where you find the videos

Why do you imprison your saviour?

Actually JonyH, I'm inclined to agree. I probably should've just kept out of it.

lol, not your fault musenji, it's just really frustrating not knowing what it is you're looking for. Makes it harder to find.
    FFs completed: IV,V,VI,VII,VIII,XII
    Currently playing: III

I have one matching sock PhoenixAsh's Avatar

No musenji, I appreciated you inputting, I'd considered asking you to say something a while back.

JonyH, while I do sympathize, I have repeatedly given advice on what needs doing, and what people should be looking at. I posted several times that people should be organising what had been said and in my last post I even gave away where the missing step was meant to lead. You have all of the answers to the previous lines, several people have given analysis of the last paragraph's format, and I've explicitly stated which bit needs solving next and the final result of that step. I'm hardly leaving you in the dark.

Sorry DP, no.

I say what I think. If you disagree, then that is up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixAsh View Post
    :rolleyes2
    Now I've already said that solving the elements line isn't strictly necessary in solving the riddle, but that it should make it a lot clearer as to what is left to do.
    I have also said that I would never have written the riddle expecting someone to all of a sudden decide to anagram the letters up the side.
    I have ALSO said that people have come extremely close to solving the elements line... Bear in mind that because the Cloud sword line leads directly from the first, it isn't really the solution which is important, its WHY its the solution.
    This is what's confusing me. Are you saying we've found the solution but need to say why it IS the solution? If not, what sort of solution are we looking for? An idea? A place? A weapon? A character? There don't appear to be any hints as to the NATURE of the answer, that's my only problem. It's such an awesome riddle I can't fault it, very cleverly worked out and far beyond anything I could ever do. I'm just finding the final steps a bit beyond my grasp. Like I have all the pieces to the puzzle, but no picture from which to work out where they go.

Okay, thanks to a note from Musenji I'm directing everyone to DeStyle's post number 3709. He managed to nail a lot of what needs doing with it.

Just to clarify, no one has come close to the actual solution of the riddle, but thats because I wrote the riddle so that only once everything else was done could it be possible to get the answer. The solution I'm talking about that has been arrived at is the answer to the elements combined line. Someone solved it a while back unintentionally, and it has been mentioned frequently and accepted as part of the riddle. No one so far has got exactly how that solution was meant to be found though.

Sorry if I sounded defensive before, its just this has been going so long that the answer can't not be an anti-climax... I'm just trying to make it clear that I am giving as much help as I possibly can

Well, there's one more thinng I can think of (actually I thought of it before but it's just too farfetched).

The summons can be combined (their first letters) to form an anagram,
    which (with Choco AND Mog included*) can spell claims. Which would
    turn the final question into "Who would love to claim Clouds sword?".

Hmpf Gilgamesh seemingly has stolen Clouds sword in some other games
    but I can't find anything solving that question in FF VII.

*I figured in Choco/Mog mog has always been capitalised so maybe
    it's just as important as Choco.

That sounds like quite a nice idea there DeStyle.

I hope the 'unintenional solution' isn't referring to CLOUD SWORD, as that was quite intended! :P

In which case, if we've solved the elements combined line perhaps you could tell us what it is we decided the answer was?

Sorry DeStyle. Again, the elements combined line has nothing to do with the final answer. I want you to solve it because it will make it clearer what WILL lead to the final answer.

JonyH, sorry unintended was unfair. CLOUD SWORD is indeed the solution... well actually no, CLOUD SWORD is the intended solution for the second line, not the first. I have said repeatedly however that you were never meant to anagram the side letters, this is why I consider it slightly stumbled across (albeit impressively). This should make it VERY clear what the solution to the first line is meant to be, just not WHY it is the solution.

The first line of the last paragraph basically means:
    'From beginning to end, everything combined.'
    As far as I can see.
    So the solution is either:
    'Summons and places' or 'anagram' or I don't know what.
    I'm sorry phoenix, I just don't think it's as clear to find the solution as you seem to think it is. If we have actually said it, then you would be telling us it was the answer, so we need something that hasn't been said. And that's worrying, because we've exhausted a lot of ideas.

REPOST:

“The Tango Riddle”

Deserved for breathing life back in, (Shiva)
    Stop a giant mastered from within. (Proud Clod)

Cause beginning of life to come to an end, (Ifrit)
    Life’s story told in a place to mend. (Kalm)

Responding with dance is slightly strange, (Choco/Mog)
    Do spaceship watchers ever change? (people in Rocket Town)

When father’s daughter takes the crown, (Leviathan)
    Overlooking two of nine’s hometown. (Mt. Nibel)

Over an unwelcome touch a kind of storm, (Alexander)
    Use surer feet or land deformed. (Ancient Forest)

From Alpha to Omega the elements combined,
    With a sidewards glance should your path unwind.
    Some research done and one more glance,
    Just exactly who would love this chance?

Okay, so "From alpha to Omega the elements combined, with a sidewards glance should your path unwind" is hinting at the need to anagram the first letters of every sentence?

Quote Originally Posted by DeStyle View Post
    Okay, so "From alpha to Omega the elements combined, with a sidewards glance should your path unwind" is hinting at the need to anagram the first letters of every sentence?
    Essentially, yes.... But again, not quite. CLOUD SWORD is NOT meant to be arrived upon by anagramming! At least, not in the conventional sense.

Okay, broken down as much as possible.

"With a sidewards glance should your path unwind." This means look at the letters down at the side of the riddle to arrive at the answer, CLOUD SWORD. As you will notice however, if you look at the side of the riddle, it does NOT spell CLOUD SWORD, it spells DSCLRDWOOU. As I have said that anagramming is not required, and you have a missing step before the sidewards glance line, it should, in my opinion, be fairly clear what this missing step entails.

EDIT: musenji, if you have anything to add to what I've said, go for it. I'm trying to give as much as I can, but I can't think of how to point them to the actual solution yet without outright answering parts of the riddle.
    Last edited by PhoenixAsh; 08-19-2007 at 09:25 PM.

This will all be quoted from previous posts (you asked for it, PA):

Destyle: Right now I think we need to solve "From Alpha to Omega the elements combined" I guess it has something to do with the summons, it should connect them.

Destyle: Hmm maybe the elements combined bit is referring to the elements of the discovered summons. Which are Ice (Shiva), Fire (Ifrit), Water (Leviathan), Holy (Alexander) and wind (Choco/Mog).

Firo Volonde: "From Alpha to Omega" may well refer to alphabetical order, at least for the summons, since most of them are elemental (elements combined). "Combined" may just mean when you put them together in a list.
    Last edited by musenji; 08-20-2007 at 10:17 PM.

Ah I understand (finally :P).

The elements combined refers to: From the beginning to the end (of the game) elements (of this riddle, I guess) put together, looked upon from
    the side. It's in the order of how you visit the places/summons.

I guess the difficulty for me layed in the fact that I did not recognise the , I figured the sentences were single sentences each ment to get us a step further.

Sorry, that's not what I was going for...re-read, in my last post, what Firo said and the second thing you said.

Unless you were just responding to PA, in which case, *disappears*

Edit: K, I just edited my last post so there can't be any mistaking what I was going for.
    Last edited by musenji; 08-20-2007 at 09:49 PM.