Page 119 of 316 FirstFirst ... 196999109113114115116117118119120121122123124125129139169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 4729

Thread: ff7 riddles

I'll guess that the answer is the water from the hot spring in Great Glacier.

Quote Originally Posted by musenji
    Find me by land, or much later by sky
    When doom is at hand, the first option will die.
    Great Glacier is first reached by an extended overland trek to Icicle Inn, followed by the snowboarding sequence, followed by the actual navigation of Great Glacier. Obtaining the Highwind at least eliminates the inital trek.

Twice I'm there when you've escaped via rope;
    Once while unconscious and regaining hope.
    Extended exposure in Great Glacier leads to "unconsciousness," although "hope is regained" after resting at Holzoff's house.

It should be noted, I've more than one form--
    Sometimes I'm chilling, but usually I'm warm.
    A reference to encountering Snow. Without water, "chilling" applies, although actually having warmed one's hands will enrage Snow.

If you are dextrous, then carry me well
    To coax divine pow'r from an old corpse's shell.
    Carrying the warmth to Snow will initiate the fight. After defeating her, you will receive Alexander materia (from her "corpse"). Alexander employs the "divine" power--Judgment.

I know this goes against the hints already given, but I thought a little analysis might at least get us closer.
    Last edited by Masamune·1600; 03-22-2006 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masamune·1600
    Great Glacier is first reached by an extended overland trek to Icicle Inn, followed by the snowboarding sequence, followed by the actual navigation of Great Glacier. Obtaining the Highwind at least eliminates the inital trek.
    Okay, but having obtained the highwind, it's still possible to make that trek by land, right? I'm saying after you have the Highwind--when Meteor has been summoned--the answer is no longer accessible by land.

Quote Originally Posted by Masamune·1600
    Extended exposure in Great Glacier leads to "unconsciousness," although "hope is regained" after resting at Holzoff's house.
    Line 4 refers specifically to when Tifa and Cloud are working together to regain hope in Cloud's subconscious "dream world."

..I had forgotten about Snow..last time I played, I missed Alexander completely. However, Alexander's attack, which I believe is Holy Judgment, is definitely a "divine" power that you acquire. Nice logic overall, keep thinking!

(looks like I'll let this go a bit longer)

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Is the answer related to the Northern Crater? There's an overland route that gets cut off and you can only reach it by airship.

Also there's a bony staircase in the right path. Dragon Zombies on the path can teach Pandora's Box.

Parts of the paths to it are cold (the glacier) and parts are hot (the hot springs).

Gold Saucer? Midgar?Whirlwind Maze?

The Late Owen Macwere Production.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

If it's not related to the Northern Crater, then the mission back to Shinra HQ would be my second guess, since the party parachutes in the second time.

Not any of those things.

Vivi, I already said it wasn't a place.

BG, it's not related to the Northern Crater (aside from the fact that line 2 refers to Meteor, and the NC is where it's cast). Not Midgar in the way you were thinking, either. But both of the rope escapes refer to Midgar.

Like I said, "corpse's shell" is a bit misleading. "Shell made from a corpse" would be more appropriate, but it wouldn't rhyme. And that doesn't refer to the use of Mako to create Midgar, though that fits quite well (since it slowly turns the planet into a corpse). The life form was already dead before someone made the shell.

EDIT: There are two direct clues to what type of thing the answer is in the riddle; however, one is a pun, and the other will probably make you think the answer is an entirely different type of thing (in fact, I'm sure it already has).
    Last edited by musenji; 03-22-2006 at 10:51 PM.

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

vincents coffin (coffin room)
    ...Geddit?

Could you explain the answer a bit?

EDIT: Okay, he's in London, so he's probably asleep by now, so I'll say that that's not the right answer, in the interest of time. I really would appreciate some explanation with a person's answer. If the answer isn't correct, then the explanation will get me to give more information, and it will probably get some new ideas out there.

It did seem like his thought might have lead somewhere, but I don't know why he gave that answer.
    Last edited by musenji; 03-23-2006 at 02:48 AM.

this is driving me crazy i have no idea could u plz reveal the answer sometime soon im very curious...

K, I'll say it again: The last two lines are the key to the whole thing (and especially line 8). If you figure out what they mean, the rest is likely to be a snap.

Go back, read those two lines (read line 8 four times ), then look at the recent posts about the whole "corpse's shell" business. That should give you a kickstart.

I've read the riddle like 20x and i have no idea... and i thought i woudl do well because i played through and beat the entire game a few days ago... this is driving me crazy

k, but stop reading/thinking about the whole riddle, just follow the instructions in my previous post.

i did and i still have no idea... oh well ill just check back later and see if someone has gotten it

K, the divine power is a limit break....