Page 259 of 316 FirstFirst ... 159209239249253254255256257258259260261262263264265269279309 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,885 of 4729

Thread: ff7 riddles

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixAsh View Post
    Beginner's Hall in Sector 7?

No arms I provide, no rest
    I'm an option in between (It is located on the second floor between a weapon shop and a place to sleep)
    I will put you to a test (I think they ask you questions)
    in favour of the green (green can mean inexperienced - either the player or the NPCs)

But I'll help you too, don't fret!
    A heaven's grant might be of use (I guess this is the Ether)
    Aggregate power you will get (and this is All Materia)
    You haven't got much to lose! (There is no cost to come here)

So come on, warrior, heed the call! (Its a room for trainee warriors)
    Though you by coming here
    before death's peace build thrice a wall (I guess this is related to the inability to come here after the plate crash, but the thrice bit I haven't worked out)
    there is no need to fear (umm...)
    Correct! Let me give you my full explanation:

No arms I provide, no rest
    I'm an option in between

As you said, the place doesn't provide arms or rest, but directly above is a resting place, and directly below is a weapon shop, rendering the room an "option in between arms and rest".
    I will put you to a test
    in favour of the green

You are asked to explain the basics of the green to those who are "green", i.e. beginners.

But I'll help you too, don't fret!
    A heaven's grant might be of use

At one spot, a chest containing an Ether drops down, seemingly from the sky.
    Aggregate power you will get
    This indeed refers to the All materia you can get. "Aggregate" is a one-word description of the kind of power the All materia gives you.
    You haven't got much to lose!
    Well, for one, there is really nothing to lose, except time. Moreover, this is a hint at the early point in the game. You don't have much items and the like yet.

So come on, warrior, heed the call!
    "Heed the call" is a reference to the message the weapon shop man gives you via Tifa, a "call" to come there. "Warrior" is a minor hint, just a reference to how the beginners refer to you mainly as "SOLDIER".
    Though you by coming here
    before death's peace build thrice a wall

Remember how, in Junon, you can find another room like this? In there are the "ghosts" of the three workers found in the original Beginner's Hall. If you talk to them, they tell you something like "your explanations were so complicated I couldn't return to the planet". Therefore you "build thrice a wall before death's peace" by coming to the original Beginner's Hall.
    there is no need to fear.
    As I said earlier, this line is not very substantial, it's mostly an affirmation to "you haven't got much to lose", and for filling up.

Your go!

Hyperion4444, I'm sorry if you didn't enjoy the riddle, but there's no need to be rude about it. This is how I write riddles and it is as right as any other way.

I have one matching sock PhoenixAsh's Avatar

Cool, I had no idea about the ghosts... I remember meeting them, but missed that they were from Sector 7. I should have got this quicker, looking back its actually perfectly solvable from the first stanza

I'm gonna pass this onto whoever wants it, as unfortunately I probably won't have time to maintain a riddle for quite a while. I also think after my last one, that its probably best I don't set any for a few months

That said, if noone steps up I'll try and come up with something.

I say what I think. If you disagree, then that is up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion4444 View Post
    Yeah, that riddle could be anything to thoses who has alot of experience in the game.
    You'll need to be more precise because more than one option could be accepted here.

Don't say I'm stubborn, you are the one at fault here.
    And you don't believe me about Barret, try him out yourself.
    Stop trolling, go away, quit being annoying. I'm glad I didn't act this way when I answered "Fury Brand" when the answer was "HP<->MP Materia" despite perfectly matching up to the riddle.
    Last edited by ReloadPsi; 09-18-2007 at 07:19 PM.

Well done, Phoenix! I'm glad someone finally got it. What is weird though, is I thought that if I eventually guessed Rantzien's one correctly, I was gonna do a riddle about the Beginner's Hall. Lol.

Cool, I had no idea about the ghosts...
    Neither did I. I'm not sure if I can remember anything like that. Must check that out next time I play!

I'm gonna pass this onto whoever wants it
    I wouldn't mind if Rantzien does another one!

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Seal Evil View Post
    I wouldn't mind if Rantzien does another one!
    Thanks, but I'll pass. My riddles tend to take time, and I don't want to occupy the threads too much.

OK, well PhoenixAsh, I will take it.

This is my first one, so it could be easy! & I tried to make it rhyme but then... well I didn't. Lol.

Your party can bump into me.
    Well, maybe just me, or two, or three.
    You can deceive, but I'll still give you a hand.
    Or do you deserve a slap?

Haha, ahhh that sounds so silly when I read it.

Ghosts in the train graveyard. You can steal Ghost Hands from them, they appear in groups of up to three, and they attack by slapping you.
    Last edited by ReloadPsi; 09-18-2007 at 11:30 PM.

Too easy, lol.

Your turn.

Whoa, didn't expect it to be that! Here goes...

I may well be just what you need
    I'd love to bring you up to speed
    Curiosity's killing the cat you say?
    Then kindly turn the other way!
    The price is high no matter what
    But come and get it while it's hot
    Else hold on until you are nine;
    Fortitude equally divine
    Shan't blame you if you wish to wait
    But look, eighteen plus fifty-eight?
    When time's a factor you will see
    You will come running back for me

Lightning Fast Speed! Hyperion4444's Avatar

Gold Saucer.

Quote Originally Posted by ReloadPsi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion4444 View Post
    Yeah, that riddle could be anything to thoses who has alot of experience in the game.
    You'll need to be more precise because more than one option could be accepted here.

Don't say I'm stubborn, you are the one at fault here.
    And you don't believe me about Barret, try him out yourself.
    Stop trolling, go away, quit being annoying. I'm glad I didn't act this way when I answered "Fury Brand" when the answer was "HP<->MP Materia" despite perfectly matching up to the riddle.
    Sorry if I was rude...
    it's just last time I had to guess a riddle, 'in ffviii', the monster was SAM08 or whatever you call it, people tryed to guess it for months after I called it. I had it rigth, but the riddle said it was immuned to poison, becauce all robots usually are, but that one was an hybrid 'cyborg' and poison did affect it.

So, yeah, he was at fault with his riddle, even if I was the one to get it... still feels bad.

Not the Gold Saucer.

Little hint: The actual answer is only lightly touched on. Everything else in the riddle leads to it... in no particular order.

Lightning Fast Speed! Hyperion4444's Avatar

Cait Sith?

yuffie?maybe....hmmmm....
    Do u play rs(runescape)if u do pm me!!!

Cait Sith isn't the actual answer, but he is mentioned somewhere in the riddle. He's instrumental in leading to the answer.

another hint plzzzz
    Do u play rs(runescape)if u do pm me!!!