Thread: Tips on FFX

Default Tips on FFX

So I'm playing through FFX for the first time without cheating. (I used cheat codes for all my games till about two years ago and I just got a new copy of FFX for Christmas) and we just beat Yunalesca. Now comes the airship and optional quests and that sort of crap.

I think my party is horribly weak or at best, low average. I glanced at a guide and it says to do 9999 damage you need at least 146 in strength. Auron, my best hitter, isn't even 100 yet.
    So to rectify this, I went looking for easy ways to max our my character's stats. The best way apparently is to fight the Monster Creations to get tons of Strength, Magic, etc. Spheres which all give you a +4. Unfortunately, I doubt I could handle the storyline bosses let alone optional ones with hundreds of thousands of HP.

Yuna is my best Magic User. With a +15 in Magic from her staff, she has about 60
    I'm trying to boost Rikku's Magic stat because she has a lot of MP. So I used a Friend Sphere to teleport her to Lulu's part of the Grid. Probably a mistake but I figured it be a good idea at the time.

So...any advice on how to get my party whipped into shape? Or am I in for hours of level grinding just to move around the Grid as much as I can?

EDIT:
    I'm wondering something. I saw on here and on a guide about the easy Gil trick with the Mimics. Using that and getting an Overdrive on Yojimbo, perahsp i could just Zamnato the Monster Creations and get the Stat Spheres that way?
    Last edited by Forsaken Lover; 04-01-2009 at 08:22 AM.

That would take too long to grind enough money to use a skill that is not guaranteed to pop up, and since it does NOT count as an overkill you would get 1 stat sphere at a time. It would take ages, and alot of money. I just level grinded until I got 3+ chars to get everything on the sphere grid(Doesn't take as long as you would think in Omega or Sin) and then I got thier best weapons and some BHL armor, and I killed all the arena monsters.

Auto: Haste, shell, protect, phoenix
    Eater: Water, fire, lightning, ice
    Auto med with confuseproof, beserkproof and either zombie or stoneproof(i choose stone bc it treats your party member like he's ko'd)
    I have 1 of each for everybody. Status enemies like marlboro's become cake, same with any enemy that thinks they can use majic against you...hahaha. But once you have some armor like this try to get some 2X or even 3X SP weapons and you will level up like crazy.... finally if monsters are still to tough for you than do rikku's sidequest until you can get in the cactaur village where you fight up to 3 at a time(first strike + high accuracy will do the trick)
    The Dude Abides...

Or you can create a weapon that converts the limit gauge to experience. One then fights the Tonberry in the Monster Ring (while setting the limit gauge to take damage) and hit the Tonberry with that guy. He should use an attack that deals damage proportional to the number of enemies killed (i.e. a lot) which then gets transferred from your limit gauge to your experience, and allows you to go very far on the sphere grid.

Sorry it's so vague, but I last played X about 3 years ago. But go look at a level-up guide. This method has minimal grind and just allows you to absolutely destroy the Sphere Grid.

Blog Entries

i think the best place to train is the omega ruins. most of the enemyes arnt juggernauts but give real good exp.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

A strength of about 80-ish on a Tidus Only challenge was enough for me to beat absolutely anything that wasn't in the monster arena at least

I could give you tips like the others, but I would ask: what is the point of what you're doing? It seems that you've already cheated to gain progress so its not completing the story. The obvious reason would be to complete the game without cheating; but at the same time you're asking for an easy way to do that - isn't the idea to gain satisfaction through overcoming difficulties?

I admit there was an occasion where I was seduced into trying the Don Tonberry trick mentioned above. I've never gone back to that save since, because it took away a lot of the meaning of the game. Some tips may not technically be cheating but just ruin everything.

Hope you take this in a good way as friendly advice to be careful which tips you follow. Its not that hard to complete the main storyline anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover
    I think my party is horribly weak or at best, low average. I glanced at a guide and it says to do 9999 damage you need at least 146 in strength. Auron, my best hitter, isn't even 100 yet.
    I wouldn't worry too much about that. Most of my stats were in the 60-80 range and I was eliminating most things in the Omega Ruins quite easily. The monsters there give quite a lot of AP, especially if you have Double/Triple AP. Personally, I would recommend you find some Celestial Weapons. Yuna's was the easiest for me, followed by Rikku's, despite being time-consuming. Rikku's will also give you Gillionaire so you'll be earning more money.

Yuna is my best Magic User. With a +15 in Magic from her staff, she has about 60
    I'm trying to boost Rikku's Magic stat because she has a lot of MP. So I used a Friend Sphere to teleport her to Lulu's part of the Grid. Probably a mistake but I figured it be a good idea at the time.
    Yes it was a mistake. With the Standard Sphere Grid, Yuna gets more Magic than Lulu, so you should have sent Rikku to Yuna's (Although I sent my Rikku to Auron's Grid and she was inflicting more that 9999 in no time thanks to her Celestial Weapon.)

So...any advice on how to get my party whipped into shape?
    Has Yuna got Holy yet? Because if she has then you can grab a One MP Cost weapon for her, her Celestial works great, and spam it for 1MP. If she has a decent Magic stat, she should be inflicting enough to wipe out most monsters in the Omega Ruins in 1-2 hits. I would also recommend using a White Magic Sphere to get her Haste, or Customize an armour with Auto-Haste for her. That way, she should kill everything before they get a turn.

FFXIV Character

Height07 (Istory)

Assuming you are going for a 255 party. For me the best strategy here is to finish each personal grid for each character then decide who your 3 main fighters will be. Getting Rikku on Yuna or Lulu's Grid will just waste her talents. With single Grids, you will see that Rikku is the most agile, so putting her on Tidus' Grid will give her double agility and double power for future leveling PLUS the perfect set of skills PERFECT for the Omega Ruins Monsters. So it's basically understanding each and everyones initial abilities.

Getting your Main Characters' Celestial Weapons is not a bad idea. In fact It's a must. Believe me, if you just do it, it's not as hard as they say it is. If you have chosen Wakka as one of your main characters and you don't like blitzball, then that would be a problem. Not that it's hard, but only time consuming. But well Tidus, Rikku and Wakka are the only ones that can swim so i suggest you get Wakka.

Do those two things i said and i promise you, you'll be maxxed in no-time.

SIGSIG

Quote Originally Posted by champagne supernova View Post
    Or you can create a weapon that converts the limit gauge to experience. One then fights the Tonberry in the Monster Ring (while setting the limit gauge to take damage) and hit the Tonberry with that guy. He should use an attack that deals damage proportional to the number of enemies killed (i.e. a lot) which then gets transferred from your limit gauge to your experience, and allows you to go very far on the sphere grid.

Sorry it's so vague, but I last played X about 3 years ago. But go look at a level-up guide. This method has minimal grind and just allows you to absolutely destroy the Sphere Grid.
    Yes, get an LG-EXP and also get an 2x LG/EXP or 3x LG/EXP. Also If you want to level 2 people at once set their thingy to comrade (Or whatever it is that gets Limit Guage when their teammates take damage.) then what you do is get whoever has killed many to attack the Don Tonberry, Die get revived, Die get revived etc. Also the other 2 that aren't dieng they must have the LG-EXP also. Sorry if that's a bit messed up but I havn't played for well over a year and Ive forgot alot about X.