View Poll Results: How do you feel about abortion?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • abortion is good

13 29.55%
  • abortion is very wrong

11 25.00%
  • no opinion

20 45.45%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

Thread: Abortion!

Quote Originally Posted by RPJesus
    If I can just ask, all of you who are against abortion for the reason that it is 'murder', do you eat meat?
    I even hunt. I have killed deer before! I obviosly kill only the larger, full grown deer. Would I kill a Do if I knew it was pregnant? no. Sides, as it was pointed out before, murder is for humans. Animals are for eating. (Btw plants feel pain too )

I think people whom condone abortions should just wonder what it would be like to be killed before they could even experience any wonderful thing in the world. Before one could take that first breath of fresh air, and before they could even see thier mother's face. Wonder what you would do if you could of helped a kid, whom got hit by a car. Would you sit back and not care? Or does not seeing the victum make it ok?

I could not imagine loosing my children. I am so glad they are here. I have lost a child, and it is not easy by any rights. Intentional or not, the baby suffers.

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin
    We all have the right to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness, but an embryo without a developed brain and with less reaction capability of a blade of grass is not capable of either.
    If I was indeed dumber than you, and I was not what you would see as an equal - would I be killed Before I could even have a chance to grow?

What if you went into a coma, and had a chance to come out? Then it must be ok to terminate you - as you have about as much reaction as an embryo would.

Look up the thread it EOTW stem cell reasearch.. embryos can feel pain, I provided several links to this topic. I beleive after three weeks a nervous system was present and so forth.

Bipper
    Last edited by bipper; 11-01-2005 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch
    Yes, most "Animal Rights" supporters also disrespect human life by putting more emphasis on animal life. It is shameful, very. People would protest against somebody eating meat or wearing fur, but support the "choice" of a mother to murder her own child.
    :rolleyes2

Twas not looking to debate. Just pointing out to keep your arguments based on facts, not based on your opinion. Debates go much easier when it is fact vs fact.
    Formerly: Autumn Rain

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn Rain
    :rolleyes2

Twas not looking to debate. Just pointing out to keep your arguments based on facts, not based on your opinion. Debates go much easier when it is fact vs fact.
    Realise this. Just voicing my disrespect for most "animal rights" groups.

And actually. "Murder" at www.dictionary.com: The unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice.

Which means the "animal rights" activists have a skewed interpretation.

As I stated.. I love me some bacon. Just pointing out that there are other rules of thought.

In all honesty, I couldn't give a rat's ass. Let people do what people do. As long as they stay the smurf away from me, their business is their business.

Quote Originally Posted by bipper
    I even hunt. I have killed deer before! I obviosly kill only the larger, full grown deer. Would I kill a Do if I knew it was pregnant? no. Sides, as it was pointed out before, murder is for humans. Animals are for eating. (Btw plants feel pain too )
    Err... what? you're already brutally and needlessly murdering a living creature for you're sadistic blood-sports, why would a pregnant deer have any more right to live? Wouldn't it count for double points or something? (I don't know how hunting works, I'm going to heaven).
    And animals are not 'for eating'. I'm not a vegetarian, and have no problem with eating meat, but you don't have some sort of god-given right to kill animals. Unless you seubscribe to one of these Ann Coulter "God says 'Here's the earth. Take it, rape it, it's yours'" theories.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch
    Realise this. Just voicing my disrespect for most "animal rights" groups.
    Oh yeah, you're really adding to you're argument- "All life matters, except animals!" Yeah, go humans! No wait, why stop with animals? Why not gays or jews or blacks? Why not kill everyone? You're better than them! You're the glorious Aryan superman!
    Hypocrit.

And actually. "Murder" at www.dictionary.com: The unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice.
    Abortions aren't nessecarilly "with malice". Besides, going into a country and purposefully bombing civilian areas despite it being a breach of International law (unlawful) seems to fit your definiton, but you're all for that kind of thing, right?

Which means the "animal rights" activists have a skewed interpretation.
    The dictionary is not exactly a guide to morality. Besides, that's simply one definition. That's the activist's point- animals don't get the respect they deserve.

There's a lot of needless right-wing insanity going on here. The debate seems to have sunk to the usual "I'm right!" "But..." "I said I'm right, dammit!" "You have to..." "Shut up! I'm a conservative, that mean God likes me more than you!" "You have to consider..." "You can't tell me what to do!" "Just stop and think for a moment!" "NO! The President thinks for me!"
    Admittedly, some pro-lifers are being reasonable (i.e. the vegetarian anti-death penalty ones) but some are just being hypocritical and ridiculous (the "let's eat meat then execute a mentally handicapped black man" ones).

Blog Entries

It's EotW all over again!

there was a picture here

2nd Protector of the Sun War Angel's Avatar

After a stupid drunk night out?
    Why is it always so anti-Christy with you peple? Always so slutty, so extreme... how about a loving, young couple having sex (OMG BEFORE MARRIAGE THEY SHOULD BURN IN HELL), miscalculating the days, or having a condom ripped open, and getting the girl pregnant? It wasn't planned, and certainly wasn't a 'drunk night out'.

And you know what, even if the woman's a complete tramp, getting pregnant all the time, I most certainly wouldn't want her to have any children. She has a right to keep on ruining her body and her soul by being such a whore, and she has a right to get abortions, to eliminate the rotten fruit of her mis-demeanor.

Nobody has the misfortune of having to commit murder.
    It's not murder, since it's not human. Murder is a malicious, premeditated killing of another human-being. This is neither malicious, nor is it performed on a human-being. As I've said, it's less human than a cockroach.

to make the call to murder a baby?
    Again, not murder, and not a baby. Stop slinging buzz-words into the air, it does little but create antagonism.

A legitimate abortion that would put the mother's life in danger if she didn't have one? These are the cases that abortions are for and I sure wouldn't look down on anyone for doing that.
    Life on its own aren't worth much. A good life lead, is worth the world. What about the well-being of the mother and father? What about the well-being of their potential child?

I don't think planning one's family is wrong. Abortion is a trauma done to the female body in order to stop a process that could result in disaster, for all involved.

Children should be brought to life out of choice, love and carefulness - not because some obscure religious law states that all semen should not be interrupted from entering a womb.

Are you also against oral sex, anal sex, masturbation, and everything esle that wastes semen? Do you also think every single egg that gets out of a woman's system should be preserved? Following the logic of 'don't do abortion because that's killing babies', the answers should all be 'yes'. Eggs and semen are not babies, and neither is the result of those two combined, after a month or two, or even three.

I don't take abortion lightly, especially because it's a harmful procedure. All in all, I am concerned for those that are living, and not those that haven't been born.

Besides, going into a country and purposefully bombing civilian areas despite it being a breach of International law (unlawful) seems to fit your definiton, but you're all for that kind of thing, right?
    OMG I LIKE HOW YOU SPEW CRAP THAT ISN'T EVEN IN THE LEAST BIT RELEVANT LOLOL.

There's a lot of needless right-wing insanity going on here. The debate seems to have sunk to the usual "I'm right!" "But..." "I said I'm right, dammit!" "You have to..." "Shut up! I'm a conservative, that mean God likes me more than you!" "You have to consider..." "You can't tell me what to do!" "Just stop and think for a moment!" "NO! The President thinks for me!"
    Admittedly, some pro-lifers are being reasonable (i.e. the vegetarian anti-death penalty ones) but some are just being hypocritical and ridiculous (the "let's eat meat then execute a mentally handicapped black man" ones).
    Stop PMSing and get things into proportion, man. You either debate, or you don't. But you can't go on like this. It's annoying.
    Last edited by War Angel; 11-01-2005 at 08:45 PM.
    When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one yourself... when gazing into the abyss, bear in mind that the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

The rightful owner of this Ciddie can kiss my arse! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Traitorfish
    Err... what? you're already brutally and needlessly murdering a living creature for you're sadistic blood-sports, why would a pregnant deer have any more right to live?
    Actually, most people hunt for food. Not for sport. It's not like, say, watching lions eat Christians, which I'm sure you would take pleasure in.

Wouldn't it count for double points or something? (I don't know how hunting works, I'm going to heaven).
    For somebody who doesn't believe in it, you're sure stuck on this Heaven thing, aren't you?

And animals are not 'for eating'. I'm not a vegetarian, and have no problem with eating meat, but you don't have some sort of god-given right to kill animals.
    Most religions with a god include that god telling us that we have dominion over the animals. So yes, I do have a God-given right to kill and eat animals. Funny how that works, isn't it?

Oh yeah, you're really adding to you're argument- "All life matters, except animals!" Yeah, go humans!
    Why do you try to equate animal life with human life? If you eat meat, what's wrong with somebody killing and eating you? Your human life means no more than their life, does it?

No wait, why stop with animals? Why not gays or jews or blacks? Why not kill everyone? You're better than them!
    Well since the prejudiced remarks usually come from your side of the political spectrum, this isn't surprising -- especially since abortion was supported in its early stages because it would help "control" the black population in America.

Hypocrit.
    Coming from the guy who values animals as much as humans (moreso if the humans are unborn), as he eats a hamburger.

Abortions aren't nessecarilly "with malice".
    Let me give you a hint. "Especially" doesn't mean "not without". Try reading over the definition a few times, I'm sure you'll understand it eventually.

Besides, going into a country and purposefully bombing civilian areas despite it being a breach of International law (unlawful) seems to fit your definiton, but you're all for that kind of thing, right?
    Um, no, I'm not actually "all for that kind of thing". Which is why I took part in Operation Iraqi Freedom, to rid the world of Saddam Hussein, who routinely arranged and supported such bombings of civilian areas. Whereas you cannot name one instance in the recent conflict where the United States and Coalition Forces have intentionally targetted civilians, can you? Didn't think so.

The dictionary is not exactly a guide to morality.
    No, but it's the guide to definitions of words. They teach you "reference tools" in elementary school. That's the numbered grades.

Besides, that's simply one definition. That's the activist's point- animals don't get the respect they deserve.
    And my point is that animals don't deserve the respect that humans deserve.

Why is it that, for some reason, you try to turn every debate, on every subject, into some "those eeeevil Republicans are racist, sexist, homophobic, antisemetic, bigoted, chouvanistic, xenophobic, narrow-minded religious fanatic zealots!" Can't you just debate?

x-pages of the same old
    And my point is that animals don't deserve the respect that humans deserve.
    and several other points have been that neither does a growing sperm in an egg. Thats why you've read hypocrite so many times and wormed your way out of it.

Great.. Another thread filled with people playing the ever-popular "My Opinion Is Better Than Yours!!" game. How quaint.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Seriously. I wish the EoTW threads would stay in EoTW. Can't there be a rule against overly debatable threads in GC? We can't even discuss internet browsers in GC without bad arguements. xD

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

My mod powers are better than your non-existent member powers.

Anyway, feel free to start up another thread in EoEO/EotW. This one has the same people posting over and over, which ultimately leads no where.