Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how do you kill Emerald without 3 Mimes or 24 Counters?

how do you kill Emerald without 3 Mimes or 24 Counters?

i bet a lot of people have done this, but how else do you kill Emerald Weapon if you don't want to grow a new Mime or get some new Counters, or any other "traditional" way? is it possible to just hack and slash him until he dies??
    sparklystrobelights

*take me into the limousine
    draw me into the disco scene
    lookin cool like a fashion queen
    shining bright like a laser beam*
    - dallas superstars : | fast driving |

NEVER STAND STILL.
    - Gatecrasher

all lucky 7 fever... or 4x cut, having ultimate weapons...

and i never used counter
    Signature removed for exceeding the 250 pixel height limit (including text)

~Void

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Here is something for your references:

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=69357

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=69544

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=66874

EDIT: Maybe this one is worth trying

Quote Originally Posted by Guess Who?
    FOR EMERALD:

first, use w-item glitch to give you 99 megalixers, 99 elixers, and maybe some hero drinks althought it's not necessary

the only materias you need are 4xCut, mime, and maybe even enemy skill (big guard is the only one you need)

lets see. give cloud the 4xcut and the two others (preferabbly mastered) mimes. you can give anybody the enemy skill materia, and anybody else the underwater materia.

strategy: take out the two hp-absorbing things on emerald weapon. leave the mp absorbers there because u won't be using too much mp unless you want to cast big guard. aire tam storm will do 1111 to one of ur characters, and 2222 to two of them (whoever has enemy skill and mime/4xcut, and the underwater materia with mime/4xcut). after that just use a megalixer or something. you have 99 of them, anyway...right? now just blast away with 4xcuts.
    when emerald uses aire tam storm, two of ur characters will have 7777 hp on them (assuming all characters have 9999) and they'll go nuts. hopefully that won't be cloud, who should only have the 4xcut and nothing else. so ur other two teammates will be going nuts, and cloud will be doing 4xcut. good stuff. megalixers when you need em.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by six underground
    is it possible to just hack and slash him until he dies??
    YES, YES AND YES!!!

The counter trick and lucky 7=

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow
    YES, YES AND YES!!!

The counter trick and lucky 7=
    I remembered I just used endless Hero Drinks and Megalixirs then Omni Slash it to death if my memory is correct...

i don't know if any of u hav seen it, but thers a vid that shows barret using ungarmax with 9,999 each hit, wipig out emerlad class

Why do you imprison your saviour?

hey thanks!
    sparklystrobelights

NEVER STAND STILL.
    - Gatecrasher

well it's not 9999 each hit, but he beats emerald in 1 minute 18 seconds. He uses ungarmax and then a hero drink, after that emerald hits barret and he counters with I believe its 8 ungarmaxs in a row, killing emerald. But I guess this is the way you don't want to know because it consists of 8 mimes and 8 counters mastered if I'm not mistaken.
    Nandattebayo!!!

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

yay he's dead! it took me like 3 tries in an hour, i just sat around waiting for aire tam storm to come when vincent and cid were at 9999 so they'd get their lucky 7s and go nuts. it was so frustrating when they'd get their lucky 7s but i overshot the megalixirs and they got healed back to 9999 ! :O_O: but mostly cloud's omnislash finished him off. then cid's limit break did him in. and the peasants rejoiced thanks everyone! loves

emerald was so much harder than ruby, he's in my opinion harder than ozma and omega weapon :O_O:
    sparklystrobelights

NEVER STAND STILL.
    - Gatecrasher

I totally disagree, he's tougher than Omega, but there isn't a fool proof way to beat Ozma and there are a few ones for Emerald. Also without using Hades, Ruby becomes much tougher (still not tough) but if you also cancel KoTR it's hugely more difficult. An as they can both be beaten with ease normally, I consider Ruby harder.

Thanks Jess1 for the awesome sig!!!
    Heh, heh, heh
    Join my latest RP, Magi of Greece, http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=77394

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

If you don't feel like using Mime and KotR, just set up everyone's materia like this.

Gravity + HP Absorb - Gravity + MP Absorb - Gravity + Quadra Magic

Admittedly, it'll take a long time, still, but it's less time consuming than mastering Mime twice.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy
    If you don't feel like using Mime and KotR, just set up everyone's materia like this.

Gravity + HP Absorb - Gravity + MP Absorb - Gravity + Quadra Magic

Admittedly, it'll take a long time, still, but it's less time consuming than mastering Mime twice.
    I may be wrong, but I think that only works on Emerald, not Ruby.

I noticed this secret method when I was doing a Yuffie-Only challenge one time. Have 1 Mastered Magic Counter Materia and link it with a Mastered Knights Of The Round. Next, 6 Counter Materia, each linked with a Mime materia at any level. Also put a Mastered HP Plus and Underwater in the remaining 2 slots. Be sure you equip Yuffie with the Conformer and Wizard Bracelet before setting up the materia. Then, max out her Magic, Strength and Luick stats. Set her limit level to 3 (make sure she's learned Doom Of The Living!). Then, get into your sub. Unleash Doom of the Living at him, then let him attack you. You'll summon Knights Of The Round, then Mime it 6 Times! He'll then be dead before he can even get a chance to put his eyes up! And you just beat Emerald Weapon without using any Elixers! It uses more than 3 Mimes, but it does use less than 24 Counters.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Wow, you guys seriously over-estimate how tough Ruby and Emerald are. It's as easy as this.

HP Absorb === Knights Of The Round Counter ==== Mime
    W Summon

Kill off the other two characters not equipped with this combo. Now, on your first turn, summon KotR. After you've done that, just use Mime. Every turn you'll get 2 shots of KotR in while your HP gets healed, and you'll do it for free since you're using Mime and not Summon. Also, every time you get hit, you'll counter by miming your last action, which was, of course, 2 shots of KotR with healing included, all for free. It's the most evil materia combo in the entire game. Just make sure you have 9999 HP and 999 MP (you can use sources for this) and NO OTHER MATERIA AT ALL OR AIRE TAM STORM WILL KILL YOU.