Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Locked out of your house ?

Blog Entries

Nitroglycerin usually works wonders. It's a bit sad that I'll always have to get a new door afterwards, though.

Lumberjack Recognized Member RSL's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm terrified of locking myself out of my apartment. I have a spare key hidden in my car. I have a spare key to my car in my wallet. In the event that I lock my wallet and my keys in the apartment and also lock my car, I am screwed. This has yet to happen, though.

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I lock myself out all the time. I always, always forget my keys. But the kitchen window, or any window really, is extremely easy to get into, so it's no problem. Although the sink is right below it, which kind of makes it uncomfortable.

But my Mormor's climbed through the window before, so I shouldn't complain. xD
    --Box Box Box Box

You can't lock my door from the inside unless you turn the key from the inside, so it's pretty much impossible to lock myself out. In the event that someone else locks me out, well, they have to be home, so I just ring the doorbell. My keys are on the same ring as my car keys, and I don't go anywhere without driving there.

...i pick-pocket my way in with the trusty shinobi kit...

Since I'm in a dorm room, if I lock myself out of the building, I either wait for somebody else to go in or come out of that door, walk around to the front door (which is usually unlocked, except like 11pm-9am), or yell at people's windows until one of 'em lets me in. If I lock myself out of my room (usually my roommate'll lock me out), I'll either call my roommate to see where he is and if he could come let me in, or go downstairs and talk to the front desk, where they have spare keys and will come unlock it for me, for a small fee. Or, I'll just go hang out with my girlfriend so I don't have to go into my room.

Contributions
    • Contributions to former EoFF Map

I'm notorious for losing my keys.

Usually I just break in through a window... but since I now live on the 6th floor of an apartment building I always keep a spare pare in my locker and at a friends house nearby.

I think in the past year, alone, I've lost 9 set of keys. Pretty much once a month.

Boldly go.

I've only been locked out of my home once, as far as I remember. I was with my best friend, so we had to go over to my neighbour, who I never speak to, and ask him if he had a ladder I could breifly borrow so that we could climb in through a window on the second floor, which was slightly open. I still remember the expression on his face when I asked him. He was like "WTF!?". Anyway, he found a ladder and I made my friend climb in so he could unlock the front door from the inside...

Pyramid Head is l.o.v.e Social Moon Firesky's Avatar

I've only been locked out once, and that happened to be the day my friends came over...Typical. I ended up getting a ladder and climbing through the bathroom window, before letting my friends in through the front door.
    ~Maelström Fury~

.: Sekhmet's Moon :. Here.

私は天使の女王です。

I remember one time, the last place we lived in Illinois, I was, maybe seven. I was only there from age six to (through, nearly) age eight, three years. But anyway. We had this padlock-thing that had our key in it, and we had to put in a combination (from a dial -- strangely enough, K-E-Y, go figure) to open it up and get the key to open the door. And I could NEVER do it. I walked to my elementary school, which was one way, and my brother and sister walked to their high/middle schools, respectively, which were the other way. And I always got home like half an hour or forty-five minutes before my brother and sister did. So one day, I really have to poop, I mean bad. Not one of the messy ones, but still. And so I practically run home. And when I get home, of course, I can't open the key-holder. Just can't. Try until my fingers hurt, almost start crying, and still can't open the damn thing. So, I wait half an hour or so, and decide I can't wait a minute longer. Pop a squat next to a tree in our backyard, and let 'er rip. Nice, neat little pile, right next to the oak tree there. Now, the thing is, we weren't way back in the woods or anything -- we were at the corner of the two busiest streets in town. The town was only a couple hundred people, but still. And we were right across the street from the town park. I don't think anybody saw me, but I probably wouldn't have cared either way. So I finish up, use one of my old assignments as paper, and toss that into our burn barrel. Then I sit patiently on the porch and wait for my sister and brother to get back.The next day, my brother and I are walking around, and he points to the pile and says "Damn, that must have been a big dog." Yeah. Must have been.

Theres a huge wall around the back and the only window i can reach on the front is a tiny bathroom window. I usually have to wait until someone gets home, and hope it doesn't reain. i used to be able to pick the lock but my friend bent the pick. Iv'e gotta ask my older bro to get me a new one.

I sneak in i know how to open locked windows and doors.