Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: At least make an effort.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I dare you to bring this Grammar Gestapo back. For every mistake they cite, I will work ceaslessly to expose the most overlooked and minute mistakes they may contain. I will be the voice of the people! I will not let this injustice continue!

And again, I really don't see what there is to complain about. If it bothers you that much, don't read it.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I'm somewhere inbetween all those people who are talking about how annoying it is and all those people who say they don't care too much because they just don't read the posts.

I have to read the posts, because it's in my job description as a moderator. I still skip them every now and then, but I make a point to check out what individual people are like as often as I can.

Time for some reasoning, though.

And it is a problem because we want to encourage people to join EoFF and a lot of people find it discouraging. I mean, if this site were Spanish, I wouldn't have joined, because I don't speak Spanish. Same for French, German, Afrikaans, whatever. I speak English, so I join forums where people speak English. A lot of the time, the same can be said for how people type. If you have two forums - one where they put in the effort to type correctly and one where they don't... well, I would expect that people who type well would join the place where people type well, and people who type poorly would join the place where people type poorly. If this place is getting a noticable increase of poor grammar, then to me, that's bad advertising, and I don't like it.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!