Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jarhead

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

$10,470,000 for Jarhead on Friday. Amazing numbers for a movie that opened in so few theaters and that didn't exactly sit well with critics.

Oh yeah, and was the trailer to Munich attached to the movie? Please say yes.
    Last edited by Miriel; 11-06-2005 at 12:27 AM.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes, and it looks really good.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If I don't get my Jarhead with a side of Munich and King Kong, I will be a very sad movie-goer.

I guarentee sometime next week I will see this...
    God Loves Variety

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaneko
    Is it an anti-war movie?
    Its about how soldiers deal with war, dela with boredom while wating to go into action far away from their homes and worried about rather or not there wife or girlfriend is cheating on them....

Anyway its funny also so watch it.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I loved it. Loved the moment when the bombs started going off and Swoff just stood there with the dust swirling around him. It was beautiful.

In fact, the whole movie was gorgeous. The ending was a bit odd, and I'm not sure how much I actually liked the voiceovers but I thought the characters were really great and the fact that they never got to kill anyone was really interesting.

And Peter Sarsgaard is one of the most underrated actors. Ever.

The Munich trailer before the movie gave me shivers.

Edit - I really should mention that I laughed a lot during this movie. It was funnier than I expected with a movie like this.
    Last edited by Miriel; 11-06-2005 at 08:46 AM.

FFXIV Character

Kalen Isis (Sargatanas)

If I have the money, I would like to see it.
    Boo!

I'd like to see it, but I'm wary of it. With movies like this, there's no telling how accurate they actually are -- they're made for the masses, not geared towards soldiers, so it's alright with them if they make it less accurate to make it more appealling. Happens all the time. Most people won't know the difference.

I've noticed I do that a lot -- pick movies and TV shows apart as to their accuracy, if it's something I'm knowledgeable about, until I'm not interested in them anymore. Like the show Over There, which is pretty bad.

It looks interesting, but I'm afraid I'll be thinking "what a crock" through the entire thing.

Well, my uncle is in the marines, and I suppose he had actually seen the movie as was infuriated with how much they romanticize the whole experience.

They showed a very biased piece of the war to my knowledge and in a sense disgraced the soldiers.
    Quote Originally Posted by MecaKane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yliette View Post
    Avril's become more profane now with lines such as "Hell yeah, I'm a m***** f***in' princess"
    No matter how much you and Sigmund Freud want it to be, 'mother' is not a curse word.

Parts of it made me get Full Metal Jacket flashbacks.

I loved it. Not just because Jake Gyllenhaal is one of my favorite actors (and happens to have an amazing ass). It started off as a tounge-in-cheek marine comedy but as it progressed... I didn't know quite how to react to it (which, in my opinion, is how great dramas should make you feel). I felt disturbed, anxious, proud, amused, aroused.. this film kind of plays on the senses. I walked out with the same facial expression as everyone else. =|
    난... 왜 사람을 미워하지? us.cyworld (because nobody here would understand the Korean one anyway, right?)

My life idol in every way since August 2000. Watch her perform her new Japanese single live. =)

Yooniece: (n) A Korean-Japanese / American geeknerd in www.metroparkusa.com clothing.

Yeah I saw it a week ago and I really enjoyed it. Probably one of the best war movies I've ever seen, besides FMJ. I like the fact that both really play on the senses instead of the actual war itself.

And I agree Jake Gyllanhal is a great actor. This and Donnie Darko proves he has a lot of potential.

*Agrees with GooeyToast 100%*