Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was 4 the most epic of them all?

Default Was 4 the most epic of them all?

On personal drama, we all know that FF6 and 7 slammed us over the head the most. As for uniqueness, same thing. In scale, it was probably 5, with three worlds and all (more like 2.5 really).

I still think 4 was on the biggest scale. It had the evil empire, the hero's catharsis, wars both in backstory and involving you, the moon, and one of the few high fantasy stories to actually work as a game.
    The only problem was the final boss who didn't really have a story except for the puppet master.

Yeah, I agree. IV had a more detailed story unlike it's first three predeccessors

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Yeah, I agree, FFIV was overreaching and pretentious.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJZen
    Yeah, I agree, FFIV was overreaching and pretentious.
    Truly?!
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Ye it was.........Kinda?
    !Reyto!
    Add mi on MSN: sheffield_wednesday_rule@msn.com
    or on AIM: JakoSkyBlue
    Liv By the Gun, Die By..............Old age!

The Demon of Elements

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Power
    Truly?!
    Haha.
    Is that true?

Maybe because 1-3's space and graphical inferiorism... the music was also in less MIDI sounding theme

Still what game besides FF4 really did High Fantasy right. Actually what of anything did it right?

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlareNUKE
    Maybe because 1-3's space and graphical inferiorism... the music was also in less MIDI sounding theme
    The SNES used MIDI for music.

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFIV has the best story of all FF, and tops many RPGs in that same factor...

I was never really hooked by IV's story. Edward and Kain were cool, and the story was okay, but I was never that interested.

Most epic? No not really.

When it comes to true fantasy games...none of the other ff games can top IV. Most epic...no, most fantasy...yes. Why? It probaly has something to do with all those Kingdoms, Knights, the evil Empire, the other, darker(well not more evil...but hotter) world. The experience of entering the World of Summons (no other ff moment lives up to that...in my opinion). The moon world (that was fantasy). Fighting mostly all of the best summons to gather them in your arsenal. All those awesome final level weapons...(which is in all ff games...but it seemed better in IV... And I really don't know why.). Good characters, a good story with more twist and turns than j'lo's love life. To those of you that like quest's, cheesy "I'll save you" moments...this is your game. Well its everyone's. Anyway...fudge you

the fact that so many playable characters seemingly die, that was a big part of the game it kinda showed just how desperate their battle really was. sort of like star wars something bad happens but later everybody comes out ok. number one for me too, mystic quest is a close second

it was all great until u get to the end of the game and realize that you took an airship (SPOILER)underground and in space and that everyone in the game died
    Hurray for Pen and Paper Games!