Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stargate anyone

Default Stargate anyone

Am i the only Stargate fan, well lets be honest, addict here. Its a little hard to believe that, considering the show Stargate Sg1 is going into season 10 :rolleyes2 and Stagate Atlantis is going into season 3. Well i thought i would start this thread and find out for sure. Anyway purpose of thread is to just talk about show or your favorite Episode or scene.
    My favorite episode (besides the pilot and the Lost City) has to be Window of oppurtunity. It is just to funny from Jack riding down the halway on a bike, to Teal'c and Jack playing golf through an open Stargate (scene is also hilarous because of what they are wearing) it just a hilarous episode.
    Now for some words of wisdom:
    Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.....hmmm wait just a minute.

Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking

"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada."
    - Britney Spears, Pop Singer

Stargate SG1 is pretty good, but it wouldn't be half as good without the characters. I haven't seen Atlantis but I'd imagine it's not as good.

Stargate is an awesome show. I'd still watch it, except they changed the dates for the showtime, and I have no clue when they air it now. I don't like Atlantis, with the new characters and all. It just doesn't feel right after watching the characters from Stargate for such a long time.
    "Feed me."

I dont know Atlantis is all right, but most people who were fans of Sg1 dont seem to like it. Is anyone else going to get the Stargate Alliance game, i definetly am but i forget when it comes out.
    Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.....hmmm wait just a minute.

I love Stargate SG1, but I hate Stargate Atlantis.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I watched the movie on TV today. It's one of those movies that if you see a little bit of it you have to sit down and watch it until the end. Good movie.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by look_out_below
    I dont know Atlantis is all right, but most people who were fans of Sg1 dont seem to like it. Is anyone else going to get the Stargate Alliance game, i definetly am but i forget when it comes out.
    I didn't know there was a game being made. I'll definetly check it out.
    "Feed me."

I saw the original movie after watching the show a few years. It seemed SO weird not having Richard Dean Anderson playing O'Neill. It just didn't seem right, even though the actor was otherwise good and all.

Anyhoo, I absolutely love SG1 and would love to see all of it, but for some reason the channel that used to air the show canceled the order, because it "didn't have enough viewers"... Well of course it has less viewers when it airs 1:30 a.m on wednesdays >.< ARGH. and now they are showing mobile games instead (don't know if those are just Finnish phenomena...). Sigh. They stopped right after season five or six (SPOILER)when Daniel had died and become that "ghost" thing. :/

My favorite episodes include those with the Asg&#229;rd and the Tollans. I just love Tor <3 x). Also that time loop-episode, Window of oppurtunity, was quite hilarious ;) And the one where they time-travel to the 70's is good aswell.

I can't decide which character I like best, since all have their good treats. Teal'c is so serious it's so awful funny, O'neill on the other hand has that overly sarcastic feature and Daniel is just too sympathetic to be unlikeable :P
    Haha, I loved that episode where O'neill's and Teal'c's personalities changed (or something like that) and they started talking like each other. It was so funny hearing Teal'c saying O'neill-like comments and vice versa x)

But by far the best scene must be Apophis' death scene (first or second :D):
    Apophis: O'neill, I'm dying.
    O'neill: My heart bleeds.
    Apophis: You're a bad liar.
    XD

and btw, Atlantis sucks bad :(

Fevered lovers and austere thinkers
    Love equally, in their ripe season
    Cats powerful and gentle, pride of the house
    Like them they feel the cold, like them are sedentary

- Charles Baudelaire
    I'm listening to...

I have to admit, i love the show! Indeed the show wouldn't be good without its charaters, mainly richard dean anderson, who plays jack.

Im not too fond of atlantis as i am sg1.

Yeah Rini the same thing happened with the station i used to watch SG1 on so now i just wait for the seasons to be released on box sets and buy them. So far i have seasons 1-7. I dont think though that im going to spend the money on Atlantis.

FFXIV Character

Arianna Harkness (Sargatanas)

I'm pretty fond of it, but unfortunately haven't gotten to see much of it.

But then again, that's why we're renting it from season one and up.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I love SG-1. Atlantis is average. But SG-1! SG-1 rocks. And the movie did, too.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Recent convert here. I started this season (when Ben Browder and Claudia Black were working on the show together, I had to check it out), but I have since picked up the first four seasons. It's a decent show, even if it isn't up to the quality of Farscape. It's a fun series, and since it's been renewed for its tenth season, it is now the longest running American sci fi series ever. It's strongest point is the characters, with the exception of Samantha Carter, who I don't much like (the term "Mary Sue" comes to mind).

Oh, and the bad 'shipping between her and Jack needs to stop. Seriously. The two have almost no chemistry, and the way they have done it is so forced it's pathetic. I saw Divide and Conquer [Season four, episode five] recently, and I cannot stand what they have been doing with those two. It must end!
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade
    Recent convert here. I started this season (when Ben Browder and Claudia Black were working on the show together, I had to check it out)
    Same here!

I'd watched SG-1 from time to time in the past, but I really got into it when Browder and Black joined the cast. Browder is amazing as always, and it's so nice to see Black playing such an interesting character (not that Aeryn Sun wasnt interesting, but her SG-1 character is just hilarious).

I dont like Atlantis very much I'm afraid. Just doesnt have the chemistry, but maybe it'll pick up in later seasons, get better like SG-1 did.

I love SG1 and atlantis, some of the only desent things on TV at the moment along with family guy and 4400 IMO.