View Poll Results: Originals or New ones?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Originals

46 80.70%
  • New Ones

11 19.30%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars - The originals or the new ones?

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Half 'n' half, actually.

I tolerate Episode I, I like Episode II, I love Episode III, I hate episode IV with a passion, I love Episode V, and Episode VI is my personal favourite of the lot.

So, I like ... both.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

Two words: Han. Chewie.

Truthfully, the dialogue and acting was no better in the old trilogy than in the new. However, it's forgivable there because they were smurfing fun movies. It was a fantasy tale at heart, with enough roughneck action to keep you entertained. The fact that it took place in space just made it interesting.

The new trilogy feels way too clean and stiff, especially for a movie based on a mysticism like The Force. And it's really political, almost to a fault. It manages to translate the darkness of Anakin' story, but even in that it only works in the Episode 3.. And it does so while losing the fun sci-fi movie side to the series. And even inThey tried to keep it fun in Episode 1, but in a really childish way. They almost completely ditch it for the other two, aside from bantering between Anakin and Obi-Wan at the beginning of Episode 2.

I'm not going to pretend that the old trilogy was this great epic. They were crappy in their own ways. But, at least they didn't have to rely on pretty, pretty lights to entertain us.
    Formerly: Autumn Rain

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn Rain
    Two words: Han. Chewie.

Truthfully, the dialogue and acting was no better in the old trilogy than in the new. However, it's forgivable there because they were smurfing fun movies. It was a fantasy tale at heart, with enough roughneck action to keep you entertained. The fact that it took place in space just made it interesting.

The new trilogy feels way too clean and stiff, especially for a movie based on a mysticism like The Force. And it's really political, almost to a fault. It manages to translate the darkness of Anakin' story, but even in that it only works in the Episode 3.. And it does so while losing the fun sci-fi movie side to the series. And even inThey tried to keep it fun in Episode 1, but in a really childish way. They almost completely ditch it for the other two, aside from bantering between Anakin and Obi-Wan at the beginning of Episode 2.

I'm not going to pretend that the old trilogy was this great epic. They were crappy in their own ways. But, at least they didn't have to rely on pretty, pretty lights to entertain us.

Very wise words.

New hope was the only star wars I liked to be honest .......

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

The originals before Lucas masturbated all over everything. Some of the updates in the theatrical release of them was good but others left me wondering why.

The news are just bad and I can sum it up in one line.

Vader: "nnnNNNOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!"

Me in theater: "BWWWWWWWWAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAH A!"

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm
    Vader: "nnnNNNOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!"
    Me in theater: "BWWWWWWWWAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAH A!"
    Yeah that bit was pretty lame........

I have to say I enjoyed the originals better. It just seemed like the characters had more depth. A new Hope was my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyjunkie
    I have to say I enjoyed the originals better. It just seemed like the characters had more depth. A new Hope was my favorite.
    And the character acting was better.

Ominous Wanderer Tech Admin Samuraid's Avatar

Originals for storyline, new ones for effects.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

the donal trump ones

The original trilogy.

Yet with that said, I don't think the new trilogy is as bad as people make it out to be. In fact many of the problems that people claim kill the new series (bad acting) also plague the original (dude, some of the acting in return of the jedi was gut wrenchingly horrible). Some people can't see this for some reason.

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

Even though the new ones are good, the old ones are better. This is because they are original, classic and darn right amazing! fave characters- Yoda and Boba Fett
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmch939
    The original trilogy.

Yet with that said, I don't think the new trilogy is as bad as people make it out to be. In fact many of the problems that people claim kill the new series (bad acting) also plague the original (dude, some of the acting in return of the jedi was gut wrenchingly horrible). Some people can't see this for some reason.
    While there was plenty of bad acting in the originals, I don't think it was as bad as in the newer ones. The main people they focused on (Padme and Anakin) could not act. At all. Except for the parts with them, the movies were tolerable. Unfortunately, there wasn't a lot that lacked them. Then they combine the acting with some of the worst dialogue ever (yeah, there was bad dialogue in ESB and RotJ, but it wasn't nearly as bad or as common as it is in the new trilogy: the jokes are only part of it), they toss consistency out the window (the Force goes from something related to the strength of your mind and training to something which is predetermined by the nubmer of midichlorians in your cells), they kill off the best character in the first show again (c'mon, where's the originality?), they make the Jedi both stupider and more evil than the Sith...

I could go on all day. The newer ones suck. The best one was the original (the whole "I am your father" thing ruined the others).
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

P.S. I liked the new trilogy tons better after seeing the deleted scenes. There's a lot of character and relationship development that was cut so more robots could pee on smaller robots behind a group of wompa cubs in a city that was made on a computer in the minds of men and gods.

To be honest I love them all, even Ep 1 (although I know it sucks...). That said, Return of the Jedi is the best film ever. I used to watch it every weekend for about a year when I was little. Dedication? Oh yes.

I love Star Wars.....

Chaos

I give you stick-pokies!
    Livejournal~Elfwood Gallery~