View Poll Results: Originals or New ones?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Originals

46 80.70%
  • New Ones

11 19.30%
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars - The originals or the new ones?

Default Star Wars - The originals or the new ones?

Which is better? The classic original Star Wars Movies, or the new ones?

Please explain why you think this.

And who's your favourite character? ^^

Originals
    cause thats where we got the oh so famous line
    "Luke, I am your father"

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

To be honest, I've never watched the originals. I've only watched the first and third Star Wars. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the originals have a better story, but the new ones are more exciting due to the awesome new graphics to make the aliens and fights look more realistic. The 1st Star Wars (in the new series) was kinda sucky, because the story was lame. But the 3rd one was amazing.

I would like 1~3, if they weren't akin to removing my own limbs and swallowing them in terms of enjoyment.

It's kinda messed up a bit, because on the new ones they have all these new advanced machines, droids and ships.. When you look back at the originals, which is suppossed to be after the events that happened in the new ones, they don't have as advanced droids or ships as they do on the new ones....

I hope that makes sense to you..

I hate Star Wars, but because I found 3 tolerable, I'll go with the new ones.

the originals. ep. 5 is the best star wars movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Necron
    It's kinda messed up a bit, because on the new ones they have all these new advanced machines, droids and ships.. When you look back at the originals, which is suppossed to be after the events that happened in the new ones, they don't have as advanced droids or ships as they do on the new ones....
    there is a reason for that. you see, the first three episodes are made in rather peaceful times but in eps 4-6 there is a war going on... or something along those lines.

Or, maybe it's because 4-6 were made years ago!

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

The original Star Wars trilogy is so much better than the new ones it's not even funny. Episode III comes decently close, but it still has some pretty shoddy acting and dialogue; that said, I still found it to be the most emotionally impacting Star Wars film. But A New Hope, Return of the Jedi, and especially Empire Strikes Back are all far, far better movies, and some of the downright best action/adventure/sci-fi flicks ever made. They trump the new ones even without amazing special effects. I honestly don't see how anyone could like 1-3 better.

I think that, the new ones are better, but, if it wasnt for the originals, then they would'nt have been so popular, so, they are basically both even... My favroite character has got to be Obi-Wan, because hes the only one who actually gets loads of action and fight sequences, and dies a fairly nice death, and he is the most powerful Jedi in it all (He lets Vader kill him remember)
    Making a new sig

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Return of the Jedi is probably the best in my opinion. You can talk all you want about the dark gravitaas of Empire all you like, you seriously cannot beat the scenes with the Emperor in them. Easily my favourite character. And of course the classic "Ooti Juba Jedi Mind Trick!"
    There is no signature here. Move along.

I think Yoda is the best character ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Necron
    I think Yoda is the best character ^^
    Damn right.

They're all pretty enjoyable films, but I think the newer films moved a bit quick in some places, a little elaboration would have been nice. The only real complaint I have with the new ones (besides Jaja) is that Amidala went from Lara Croft to helpless and weeping in the space of one film. I mean, I know she was pregnant and everything, but it seemed odd she wasn't more in control.
    [leeza]Total sig height should not be over 250 pixels, including all text.[/leeza]

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Strife
    Damn right.

They're all pretty enjoyable films, but I think the newer films moved a bit quick in some places, a little elaboration would have been nice. The only real complaint I have with the new ones (besides Jaja) is that Amidala went from Lara Croft to helpless and weeping in the space of one film. I mean, I know she was pregnant and everything, but it seemed odd she wasn't more in control.
    It did move rather quick, although saying that, when you watch the newer ones, and then the older ones straight after (not neccesarily in one day), the older ones seem really really slow, which may make you yawn a bit after watching the newer ones. Although, the originals elaborate the story in much more detail...

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like them all.

And the apparent explanation behind Amidala's shift in mood is because she was so in love with Anakin, she couldn't stand to fight him emotionally, mentally or physically. (SPOILER)And when she died, she didn't die of what Anakin did to her. She died of heartbreak.

Yeah. Personally, I hated the character for that. Wuss.

Signature by rubah. I think.