Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yunalesca is seriously annoying me!

Default Yunalesca is seriously annoying me!

I'd normally say that such a boss would be a hard boss, but she's actually moderately easy, well, if you count out the mega death attack she uses in what I think is her final form!

Argh, it's plain ridiculous. It sometimes casts death on all the members of my party (which in this particular battle, usually consists of Rikku, Auron and Yuna) and I practically have no chance! It's ridiculous. And before you tell me to equip armour that prevents death, that also cuts down strength, magic, and MP. Bah..

Oh, and before you ask, I've only just managed to play FFX, due to the previous lack of a PS2.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Beyond Fantasy Sephiroths Clone's Avatar

Also Holy! Use Holy! it owns her pretty easily, idk why a lot of people had so much troulbe with her, i beat her fairly easily.

Made by me

What I usually do is I have half my party nice and zombied up. Well either two, or one of them, depending on how long ago she used mega-death. Mega-death only hits people who are not zombied (or cursed I donèt know which it was). urgh stinking french keyboard! whatever. But yeah, I keep everyone on haste. Especially yuna. If yuna is your main healer, she must not be zombied. sub her in straight away, and if she gets another turn before the boss, she can heal the non-zombies, or bring back to life a dead-former-zombie, and then, sub out. This way you ensure she will never become a zombie (so she can heal herself) and she can bring back the dead. Oh yeah! Make sure at least one of your characters on screen are zombied. I hope that made sense, but, probably not. If someone understands, they can translate this for Spartan 3 lol.

simplified: leave ur chars zombified. let them die then bring them back to life

Why do you imprison your saviour?

use reflect she can't do anything then but heal herself and do that pathetic one person attack. Then just unload with a very rapid succesion of attacks and bring in yuna if a zombie dies.
    "Swordchucks Yo." - Fighter

"Every time I cast Hadoken it siphons a little bit of love out of the world to create a massive destructive explosions. They say the divorce rate goes up with each cast." - BM

How many swords could sword chucks chuck if sword chucks could chuck swords? Same goes with Nuns! :rolleyes2

"I cast Ice-9!" -RM

"I can steal stuff that isn't even there" -Thief (Yet he can't steal in the game)

Thank you very much for the fast feedback. I certainly understood what you said, and it will certainly come in handy. Just a few things that will improve the situation a bit:

I'm positive reflect doesn't do anything, actually. Her zombie-inflicting attack isn't really magic, and she can still use it to its full effect. I spent most of my level four spheres on Ultima, and used black magic spheres to give it to other characters. I end up having to use all my ethers, and Yuna's the only real damage dealer with Ultima. Also, when she uses Mind Blast, it has sometimes been enough to kill Rikku and Auron, therefore rendering my party totally useless against Mega Death.

Nonetheless, that was excellent advice. I think I'll give it a try tonight and see if I can finally beat that evil woman!

Cheers.

hmm.. i dont know what all there saying but here is a easy guide to deafeatign the funniest boss in the game

1-own frist form
    2-before you defeated the second form make sure you remove zombie and fully heal everyone so dont have to worry about health in last form
    3-"fun part" before going to third form make sure your party fighting with has zombie then it just a bunch of sword swinging and continuos ownaged then summons aeons like crap on miss ugly

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Really you should just leave them all zombied. And beat her before she has any time to cure you with regenerative magic.

Quote Originally Posted by rubah
    Really you should just leave them all zombied. And beat her before she has any time to cure you with regenerative magic.
    Exactly. I dont get why so many people have trouble with her. There's basically nothing to worry about if they're all on zombie status, apart from the obvious cure and life spells, but thats easily countered by ressurecting them again.

Yeah,but Reflect isn't too good of a choice...For the first two forms my party setup was Yuna,Tidus and Lulu - Lulu just casted waterga like crazy,Yuna was healing/resurrecting my dead and using Esuna every time my character got darkness/silence on them and Tidus just for buffs and attacks.Then for the final form just bring out your Aeons and use their overdrives or if you're too lazy to get their overdrives up just use those very same people(keep everyone zombified).Hope it helps...

Thanks guys. I lost at last night's attempt. Here was my setup right before I lost:

Yuna - with 'Haste' - she had near-enough full HP; i.e. about 2000HP. Her overdrive was used already for Bahamut, and all of the other Aeons had been pwned.

Auron - with 'Zombie' - he had 1HP after a nasty Mind Blast.

Rikku - with 'Zombie' - a good amount of HP. I thought nothing could go wrong.

Here's what happened:

I was up to the final form of Yunalesca. I have no idea why I did it, but I had Auron attack her. She counter-attacked, which killed Auron. I thought I'd leave the phoenix down to Rikku, and made Yuna cast Ultima. However, Yunalesca then managed to cast Mega Death, which killed Yuna, and immediately after, Curaga, which killed Rikku. Bah..

Anyway, I'll try again tonight, and stop pestering you guys about it. Thanks.

Gatekeeper of Strong Wind syun_ukiya's Avatar

make sure you get lvl.3 lock in a 'almost' hidden chest in zanarkand. i believe you really need to use holy because programmers gave you a free level 3 unlock

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

here is a good stratagy for yunalesca, have everyone under zombie and dont use Aeons till her final form, then use reflect when everyone is on zombie, then she wont be able to cast cure or regen on your zombied characters also if you have Rikku's trio of 9999 it would be a cinch here sis a list of things that you can use to do Trio of 9999:

Bomb Core + Dark Matter
    Bless Gem + Wings Disc
    Lev 3 K S. + Wings Disc
    Lit Mrbl + Dark Matter
    Bless Gem + Gmbl Sprt
    Lev 3 K S. + Gmbl Sprt
    Drgn Scl + Dark Matter
    Bless Gem + Undrdg Scrt
    Lev 3 K S. + Undrdg Scrt
    Arc Wind + Dark Matter
    Bless Gem + Win Frml
    Lev 3 K S. + Win Frml
    Shn Gem + Master S.
    Suprm Gem + Master S.
    Lev 4 K S. + Pendulum
    Shn Gem + Warp S.
    Suprm Gem + Pendulum
    Lev 4 K S. + Amulet
    Shn Gem + Pendulum
    Frpln Shdw + Dark Matter
    Lev 4 K S. + Door Tmrw
    Shn Gem + Amulet
    Frpln Wind + Dark Matter
    Lev 4 K S. + Wings Disc
    Shn Gem + Door Tmrw
    Dark Matter + Stmn Tblt
    Lev 4 K S. + Gmbl Sprt
    Shn Gem + Wings Disc
    Dark Matter + Mana Tblt
    Lev 4 K S. + Undrdg Scrt
    Shn Gem + Gmbl Sprt
    Dark Matter + Stmn Tonic
    Lev 4 K S. + Win Frml
    Shn Gem + Undrdg Scrt
    Dark Matter + Mana Tonic
    Door Tmrw + Door Tmrw
    Shn Gem + Win Frml
    Dark Matter + Twin Stars
    Door Tmrw + Wings Disc
    Bless Gem + Master S.
    Dark Matter + Pendulum
    Door Tmrw + Gmbl Sprt
    Bless Gem + Warp S.
    Lev 3 K S. + Pendulum
    Door Tmrw + Undrdg Scrt
    Bless Gem + Pendulum
    Lev 3 K S. + Amulet
    Door Tmrw + Win Frml
    Bless Gem + Amulet
    Lev 3 K S. + Door Tmrw
    Wings Disc + Wings Disc
    Bless Gem + Door Tmrw
    Gmbl Sprt + Gmbl Sprt
    seriously if you dont want to use the level 4 key sphere you should its not then end of the world the stats are the main thing here and with trio of 9999 you can have Tidus do Blitz Ace and her 3rd form will be busted

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

You will get a lot further with yunalesca if yuna is casting holy instead of healing.

get all the girls to cast holy. the more the merrier. In my last game kimarhi learned it first and taught it to lulu and rikku and yuna shortly after made her way through the grid xD