Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Final Aeon mistery

Quote Originally Posted by BG-57
    Anima was supposed to be Seymour's Final Aeon, but he changed his mind about Sin.
    You sure about that? If thats the case then no other summoners should be able to summon this aeon, but as you already know Yuna, Balgamine and probably anyone else who has done the Baaj temple can.

Also im pretty sure Seymour was not a summoner.....it didnt say it anywhaere in the game. Sure he can summon but that may only be due to the fact that he is a maester. I might be wrong about this one though.......

in the macalania temple go towards the cloister of trials and turn left or right(can't remember )and youll find some people who will tell you about seymour and you get options and one of them is seymour as a summoner

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yep, Seymour was a gifted Summoner - but he joined the Warrior Monks instead of pursuing that path... but it's all explained in the game. Anima was intended to be his Final Aeon, since his mother wanted him to gain the respect of the people by defeating Sin, but Seymour had other ideas - mainly as a result of the anguish at losing his mother, and the intoxicating lure of power offered by his Aeon.[q=BG-57]Based on what we see of each Fayth and their corresponding Aeons, the Aeons are summoned embodiments of each Fayth.

The physical resemblance is more apperent with Jecht, but less so with Bahamut, where the wheel logo on the Fayth is the only evidence of a connection.[/q]I reckon that Aeons can also embody the non-physical characteristics of the Fayth. Like the Fayth's emotions translate into the Aeon's characteristics... for example, Seymour's mother was a sad and lonely woman; she was trapped or bound by the sense of responsibility and guilt she felt toward her son. The Aeon Anima is also trapped in darkness, with a heavy chain around its neck and its hands tied together. Jecht, on the other hand, was a fiery and hairy man who used a sword... three characteristics evident in his Final Aeon. The Fayth of Bahamut was only a boy, but he may have been wise, brave and noble - as suggested by the knowledge he imparts to Tidus, and the fact that he willingly sacrificed his life to preserve the memory of Zanarkand. Qualities like those could give rise to the powerful dragon Aeon, Bahamut.

I just always thought, What I was fighting was the final aeon 0_o
    meh

there's no I in team, but there is in pie, as in meat pie, and meat is an anogram of team

Quote Originally Posted by Big D
    Yep, Seymour was a gifted Summoner - but he joined the Warrior Monks instead of pursuing that path... but it's all explained in the game. Anima was intended to be his Final Aeon, since his mother wanted him to gain the respect of the people by defeating Sin, but Seymour had other ideas - mainly as a result of the anguish at losing his mother, and the intoxicating lure of power offered by his Aeon.[q=BG-57]Based on what we see of each Fayth and their corresponding Aeons, the Aeons are summoned embodiments of each Fayth.

The physical resemblance is more apperent with Jecht, but less so with Bahamut, where the wheel logo on the Fayth is the only evidence of a connection.[/q]I reckon that Aeons can also embody the non-physical characteristics of the Fayth. Like the Fayth's emotions translate into the Aeon's characteristics... for example, Seymour's mother was a sad and lonely woman; she was trapped or bound by the sense of responsibility and guilt she felt toward her son. The Aeon Anima is also trapped in darkness, with a heavy chain around its neck and its hands tied together. Jecht, on the other hand, was a fiery and hairy man who used a sword... three characteristics evident in his Final Aeon. The Fayth of Bahamut was only a boy, but he may have been wise, brave and noble - as suggested by the knowledge he imparts to Tidus, and the fact that he willingly sacrificed his life to preserve the memory of Zanarkand. Qualities like those could give rise to the powerful dragon Aeon, Bahamut.
    wow.......um.......wow.......cool.......

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Slade
    That means that Braska, Auron and Jecht had to battle the last final aeon.
    I must have missed that part. ^_^
    I don't recall the game saying anything about Braska, Jecht and Auron fighting the Final Aeon.
    Jecht volunteered to become the Final Aeon, he did and Braska used it to defeat Sin... It was only Yuna and Tidus who actually faught the Final Aeon.
    If they had faught the Final Aeon... then it would have had the same outcome as when Tidus and Yuna faught Braska's Final Aeon. Sin would have in the end been defeated.
    I should guess... I've probably went wrong somewhere!

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sin is made from the Final Aeon, so when you fight Sin, you're effectively battling the previous Final Aeon. However, since Yu Yevon possesses and transforms the Final Aeon into the new Sin, the summoners would never actually fight agains the Final Aeon in its true form, the way Yuna and co. did.

Quote Originally Posted by ffxfreak93
    in the macalania temple go towards the cloister of trials and turn left or right(can't remember )and youll find some people who will tell you about seymour and you get options and one of them is seymour as a summoner
    Thats pretty cool. I must have missed that part.....

Arent the Magus Sisters the final aeons of that women you do aeon battles with (sorry can not remeber name). And Big D wow brings a whole new prespective (at least for me) about why Anima looks the way she does. Nice job!
    Now for some words of wisdom:
    Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.....hmmm wait just a minute.

Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking

"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada."
    - Britney Spears, Pop Singer

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by look_out_below
    Arent the Magus Sisters the final aeons of that women you do aeon battles with (sorry can not remeber name).
    Belgemine's Final Aeons...? Interesting... but I don't think that's the case. Belgemine lives at Remiem Temple, but that was just another Temple of Yevon until it got cut off from the world by a different summoner's fight with Sin.

Maybe it was Belgimine's battle with Sin.......

(QUESTION!!!! Why do all the Summoners you see in the game wear the same? Belgimine and Ginnem both wear the same style clothing....)

Would you say it could be possible that Every Aeon was a summoners Final Aeon?

Any way, I see a hole in the seymour / anima storyline. Seymour and his mother where sent to Bajj Temple by Jyscal. Baaj is also where Anima's fayth is (aka Seymours Mother) . The fayth would not be there. the temples basically house the fayth, so there wouldn't be a fayth in Baaj until Seymours mother became a fayth. therefore bajj wouldn't have existed... (i dont think so any way...)
    Last edited by xX.Silver.Wings.Xx; 11-15-2005 at 02:20 PM.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

We see many of the Fayth entombed in the mountainside near Zanarkand. So most of them are not Final Aeons. Most likely many of them cannot be used to summon Aeons. The evidence suggests the vast majority of Fayth were entombed at the end of the Bevelle-Zanarkand war. Some Fayth, like Anima's, came into being more recently.

There are more Fayth than temples anyways. Consider Yojimbo, who was stolen and sealed in a cavern. A temple is not the only place to house a Fayth.

As for Baaj temple, the previous Fayth might have been gone by the time Seymour and his mother lived there.
    Last edited by BG-57; 11-15-2005 at 07:33 PM.

Couldnt Yojimbo have been the original fayth for Baaj temple before he was stolen? If this was the case maybe Anima was created not to be a final aeon for Seymore but to replace the aeon that was stolen from Baaj.
    Now for some words of wisdom:
    Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.....hmmm wait just a minute.

Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking

"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada."
    - Britney Spears, Pop Singer

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I agree that Yojimbo could have been stolen from Baaj Temple by the Al Bhed.

However, the game makes clear that Anima was meant to be Seymour's final Aeon:

Young Seymour: No! Mother, no! I don't want you to become a fayth!

Seymour's Mother: There is no other way. Use me and defeat Sin. Only
    then will the people accept you.

Young Seymour: I don't care about them! I need you, mother! No one else!

Seymour's Mother: I don't have much time left.