Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Gonna play FF III soon

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by The Devourer Of Worlds
    One day people will understand the difference between FFIIIj and FFIII US.
    Ok, probably not.
    Somehow, I think that everyone will have died in the world before we finally DO understand that there's a gigantic FAQ on the frontsite about the game differentiations. (such as FFVI = FFIII US, and FFIIIj is on the Famicom/NES, not the SuperFamicom/SNES)

And to the creator of this challenge, you are going to get raped by the Giant Rat in Nepto's shrine if you keep that party. For that matter, you will get wrecked everywhere you have to be small as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bahamut
    There is however a boss where you're more or less forced to use Dragoons, and you have to fight one boss while Minied, meaning you pretty much have to use an all mage party, and there's a boss who you'll probably want to scan, meaning you'll probably have to make one character Scholar. There's also a dungeon where M.Knights are a must, but besides that, it's fine.
    Yeah, what he said. here's what you party will want to look like...
    Hyne = at least a Scholar (if you want, it's perfectly easy to beat him with melee-ers, despite the huge Def. he's got)
    Splitting Enemies = 1+ M.Knight (3 dungeons), level 30 or under
    Garuda/Gilgamesh = 4 Dragoons, level 25 or under
    Giant Rat = 3 Black Mages and a White Mage/Red Mage, any level
    Dark Cloud = 2 Ninja w/ Shuriken, 2 Sages w/ Bahamut, or 4 FEOKs

Geomancers are almost never used, Bard is never used, Thief is recommended for Goldor's house, not that he fights (Escape, anyone?), and Summons are useless until Sage, and Archers are not used; Scholar = suicide, why? His HP growth is negative

Scholar = suicide, why? His HP growth is negative
    Haha, well, his HP growth is pretty damn bad, but not THAT bad
    Thieves are also one of the most powerful attackers from after the world has come out of the ocean till you start getting Defenders for your Knight, simply because he gets multiple hits before most other fighter jobs, his weapons are good, and they are long range, so he stays in the back row, boosting defense (his equipment also ensures several stat boosts!).

As for Archers, they're actually very useful when you get them, simply because of those arrows which I forgot the name of; the ones that petrify an enemy in one hit. But only get like 60 of those arrows, so I'd often make one guy an Archer and have him wildly use up all those, and make him something else straight afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel

And to the creator of this challenge, you are going to get raped by the Giant Rat in Nepto's shrine if you keep that party. For that matter, you will get wrecked everywhere you have to be small as well.

I survived just fine with that party. Besides, this thread is so old that I beat the game 2 months ago

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Actually, my Scholar was as strong as my Knight was (which kinda says something...) So I stuck with him until there was new equipment for the Thief

The Thing that stinks though is that you don't get equipment for Paladins for quite awhile...
    Front-wards, back-wards, anyway you see! Such a strange spell to swish-swish-aree! Tceles Nottub B. Swish-swish-aroo!

I've only beaten FFI, but I'm close to beating FFIII for FAMICOM!

YAY FOR CHOCOBOS!

DON'T FORGET MOOGLES! :mog: