Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gonna play FF III soon

Default Gonna play FF III soon

Pretty soon, my older bro is gonna do a major upgrade to my PC. He's gonna add an NES emulator and I plan to play FF III on it. Here's are the characters names and classes that I plan to use throughout the whole game

Adam - Fighter > Knight > Paladin
    Sanji - Monk > Karate Master > Ninja
    Chacon - Black Mage > Black Wizard > Sage
    Rebecca(In my mind, this 4th character is a female) - White Mage > White Wizard > Sage or Summoner

Will I be fine throughout the whole game if I stick with these classes?

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Too bad all the FF3 Classes are male...

and I doubt that name would fit...it might... think there's a six-letter limit...

Everyone just uses two Ninjas and two Sages by the end...although by all means use that party!

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

There's parts of the game where you wouldn't be fine. Certain classes are useful when the plot forces them to be.

Quote Originally Posted by DJZen
    There's parts of the game where you wouldn't be fine. Certain classes are useful when the plot forces them to be.
    What do you mean?

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Like there's this one boss that can only be hurt by Geomancers.

Quote Originally Posted by DJZen
    Like there's this one boss that can only be hurt by Geomancers.
    You freakin serious?!

And here I was hoping I wouldn't have to switch jobs

Vaan - "Hey, you!"

You need to overhaul your PC to play NES emulation? That's sad :D

http://www.zophar.net/nes.html

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk
    You need to overhaul your PC to play NES emulation? That's sad

http://www.zophar.net/nes.html
    No. It's just my PC has been busted for a while and my bro hasn't had a chance to fix it(using a laptop btw). And I told him when he fixes it, to add emulators

Vaan - "Hey, you!"

Reno's my man! <3 Fire_Emblem776's Avatar

You need to overhaul your PC to play NES emulation? That's sad
    lol

[leeza]Please don't post unless you have something to add that would be constructive and helpful. lol does not fit that criteria. ~ Leeza[/leeza]

Quote Originally Posted by Crossblades
    You freakin serious?!

And here I was hoping I wouldn't have to switch jobs
    Then play FF5, I haven't gotten very far in FF3, but I read up that you will forced to switch classes... well, you won't be FORCED to, it's more like, in the beginning, a White Mage, a Red Mage, and two fighters and then in order to stay alive, you gotta switch jobs...

Quote Originally Posted by FlareNUKE
    Then play FF5, I haven't gotten very far in FF3, but I read up that you will forced to switch classes... well, you won't be FORCED to, it's more like, in the beginning, a White Mage, a Red Mage, and two fighters and then in order to stay alive, you gotta switch jobs...
    I beat FF V and I really want to play FF III

The only classes I only wanted to switch into was the upgraded classes of Monk, Fighter, etc.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"

Quote Originally Posted by fireemblem776
    lol

[leeza]Please don't post unless you have something to add that would be constructive and helpful. lol does not fit that criteria. ~ Leeza[/leeza]
    ….lol

Anyway, I would just wait for the DS version personally. I’ve tried to play this game numerous times; usually I get bored after I kill the first boss.

Stupid NES generation with there crappy plots and even worse graphics…

Quote Originally Posted by ThroneofDravaris
    ….lol

Anyway, I would just wait for the DS version personally. I’ve tried to play this game numerous times; usually I get bored after I kill the first boss.

Stupid NES generation with there crappy plots and even worse graphics…
    If you are gonna be a graphics whore don't try to hide that fact by attacking the plot of a game when you've not made it past the first 5-10 minutes of said game. FF III is marvel plotwise especially for NES and for the time the graphics weren't bad.

As for picking classes and sticking with them you will find it very difficult. Basically in the beginning you will have to have a nice balanced party and not far in you will be in a situation where all melee jobs are useless and you'll need all mages. I remember a point a little further in the game where it is next to impossbile to proceed without 4 Dragoons.

By the end of the game you will probably end up with a combination of Ninja's and Sages because one thing that limits the job system of FF III is that the jobs are definately not equal and some are just upgrades of others. FF V was much more balanced in this respect.

Or by the end if you wanna be a god get 4 FEOKs and you won't even need mages. You will own everything with your stupefying damage and be next to untouchable.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeargdribble
    If you are gonna be a graphics whore don't try to hide that fact by attacking the plot of a game when you've not made it past the first 5-10 minutes of said game. FF III is marvel plotwise especially for NES and for the time the graphics weren't bad.
    BUT IT DIDN’T HAVE SEPHIROTH!!