Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Excessive Partying

Sadly, my college didn't have dorms...we had off-campus housing in townhouses, so I never got the full college experience. I did go to the occasional party with some friends, but I'm not a drinker, so it wasn't really my thing. Most guys go to crazy college parties to try and hook up with chicks and get drunk, and I did my fair share of hooking up with chicks and I don't even like to drink, so I guess I didn't really need the party experience.

PS: Yooniece, I saw in your profile that you're into Dredg...that's AWESOME. Saw 'em in concert a while ago and they're just as good live as on the CD's

Blog Entries

Aaahh,, the good old days. Watching the sunrise, playing paper/rock/scissors to see who was the most sober to drive. Have strange people call your cell phone a week later, drinking anything someone shoves in your face... blah blah blah. It gets old... fast. I save drinking myself into oblivion for special occasions. As get older and start a family, things like that become less and less of a priority....

I rather enjoy partying, I do it every so often, it's fun. Just remember, all fun in moderation (note to self, remember: all fun in moderation ).

2nd Protector of the Sun War Angel's Avatar

I've never enjoyed really big, messy parties with loads of people I didn't know. I also hardly ever drink enough to get even slightly drunk (and I've never lost my wits - only my motoric ability, which is annoying when your brain is working properly but your body isn't responding).

So, that never has been a part of my life-style. Not to say I have never done it - done it, and didn't enjoy it. I have my group of people I know, a few dozens I know and get along with nicely, and about 10 I know well and like a lot, and just a select few I adore and am willing to spend time with, any time. So, my social meetings inlcude those mentioned 10-12 some of the time, the select few most of the time, and on rare occasions the whole bunch.

I don't regret it, either. I was always quite 'old' for my age, and given the status of youth around here, that's saying a lot. It seemed strange to many that I often had a lot more fun striking conversations with 40-60 year-old war veterans and ex-officers, rather than teen-agers my own age. You can't roll on the beach laughing your arse off, intoxicated, with those 50 year-old men, though.

All in all, I tried to have it all. Took what I liked, didn't take what I didn't... and I'm still young, and can experience a lot more, and I'm always willing to try out new things.

I'll settle down when I've felt like I've done everything I could, and have the found the right people, places and conditions to settle down with.
    When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one yourself... when gazing into the abyss, bear in mind that the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

The rightful owner of this Ciddie can kiss my arse! :P

I know what you mean about the brain working and body not thing, at my gradutaion party, i couldnt stand up or walk, but i could still do integration and derivation easily enough.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> I dont party, parties make me sick.
    I cannot stand the noise, the people getting drunk and the people having fun.
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Quote Originally Posted by black orb
    >>> I dont party, parties make me sick.
    I cannot stand the noise, the people getting drunk and the people having fun.
    You can't stand people having fun?

Parties ? Nah, not my scene ...

I'm neither antisocial or introverted by any means, but I'm select about where I am and the kind of people I happen to be with - I've never been drawn to large crowds, loud noise or alcohol into the bargain, not to mention hordes of drunken, randy teenagers and 20-somethings trashing people's property and sleeping with random people. Not to mention long, phony conversations with some lean-jawed prick called Steve or Joe, snowing over some clueless girl while boasting shamelessly about how many gallons to a mile his car can go until she's taken enough to ignore his supreme lack of brain matter and go to bed with him. I can't stand that kind of superficial nonsense. Count me out of it.

Honestly I'd rather just have a quiet night in or go over to see a few close friends - either way I'm happy. Call me boring or whatever - but I'm sorry, I just don't see the appeal.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Quote Originally Posted by mpjunior36
    You can't stand people having fun?
    >>> Just if they are having fun In Parties.. Oh yeah, this doesnt apply to little childrens they can have all the fun they want in any way they want..
    Everything else is fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by black orb
    >>> Just if they are having fun In Parties.. Oh yeah, this doesnt apply to little childrens they can have all the fun they want in any way they want..
    Everything else is fine with me.
    Well, I suppose you're talking about people having fun by getting wasted and hooking up with random people. At first I just thought you were against the idea of people having fun at a party, period. Just struck me as kind of weird!

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Im not against the idea of having fun wasting theselves to alcohol, etc. People can do whatever they want with their lives.
    Is just that I cant stand it, so I wont become part of it.

Oh yeah, big crowds of people laughing like mad, also piss me off.

I get a kick out of how some people think college parties mean everybody is so drunk they can't stand, everybody is having sex with people they just met, etc. etc. It just goes to show that most of the people that think like that haven't been to many, if any, parties, or they wouldn't be so ignorant of the situations.

whose party?

Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missing
    Thankies to Leene for the sig!