Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Son of a ---!

Default Son of a ---!

My TV doesn't work. I'm in a dorm room, and for some reason, I only get channels 2-13, and 12/13 and 5/7 are the same. Everybody else gets, what, seventy-something channels, but for some reason, not my room.

Now, the TV won't change to the A/V input, so I can't play Final Fantasy IX like I had planned on. Dammit! I'm just now getting Beatrix, but it just doesn't want to work for me. The remote control doesn't work, and the SETUP button on the TV doesn't work. I even spent eight bucks on new batteries, and no joy with the remote.

So ... I'm actually just ranting. I do that a lot here, I guess. But so this thread has a topic, I'll figure something out. Let's see. Have you ever been deprived of your Final Fantasy -- or other favorite video game, show, movie, etc. -- by some freak electronic disaster?

Lumberjack Recognized Member RSL's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not for long. I've gone a long time without saving and the power suddenly went out, though. That makes you mad.

Yeah, that's what happened to me the other day. Power went out. I don't think it was too long since I saved, though, so whenever I finally figure out how to get it working again, it shouldn't be too far back.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I KNOW YOUR PAIN!

I am also in a room at university, and I can only get channels 1, 3 and 5 and everyone else seems to have no problem whatsoever. I've tried everything! Three different aerials in various positions, moving the aerials around the room, tuning etc. etc. I've given up now.

Fortunately my PS2 works fine with it though.

Yeah my Ps2 still hasnt come back from sony

i'm giving up,
    on the entire human race....

No, not really. Wait, yes.

I remember when we only had a gamecube. My little brother decided to clean the lense with his oily yucky shirt. It never worked again.

Yeah, I had no tv in my room. Then I finally got pissed and went and bought a tv.

Blog Entries

I remember finishing VII as my dog came out from behind the TV and unplugged the game for me...

Yes. A couple of times I've lost my progress on Final Fantasy thanks to a blackout or two.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Umm, I played an hour into KH, then realized I needed a memory card....

I was at the end of VII and hadnt saved when the power went out

Quote Originally Posted by Tasura
    I was at the end of VII and hadnt saved when the power went out
    That's happened so many times to me, it's not even still funny.

Anybody have any ideas? I'm still pissed. Interesting Monday Night Football game (and during halftime I got to see my Bears run that 108 yard FG return for TD), but I think I'd still rather be advancing my FFIX game.

I'm thinking about trying to find an electronics store somewhere around here, maybe somebody can go in and fix it. Dunno what's wrong with it, maybe a power surge or something made it skip somewhere inside. I'd imagine it could be fixed, but don't know how difficult it would be to get into it.

(Holy hell. Dallas just came back from 20-7 to 21-20 in 22 seconds. Touchdown, then interception ran back for a touchdown. Nice play. I'd kinda like to see the Eagles win, just to show they can do it without that conceited bastard Terrell Owens, but I don't really like the Eagles and the Cowboys have a worse record, so I kinda want them to win. Either way, don't really care, I guess.)

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

You're in a dorm room, right? Connecting to your campus's cable? Doesn't it have a tech office or something?

I'm sure it does, somewhere, but I'd kinda rather wait until my roommate doesn't have any alcohol bottles lying around before I brought them in to look at it. But I'll look around tomorrow, seeing as I have one class, and it ends at 08:50, and then all I have to do is a little research for Physics. So I should have time to look through the phonebook and find something. It's my roommate's TV, too, so I might have to do something like buy it off of him, then sell it to a pawn shop, buy a new one, and keep it for next year. Hopefully, though, I'll be able to have it fixed, and have him pay me back for most of it.