forgot were i saw ultima..... aw man.... i'm bad at this =p
    I LIVE!!!!! AGAIN!

I wonder if he'll ever come back

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

My guess is a no.

Shut up...
    Silly jilly ultra nuggets.
    My sig was deleted.

Haha, the sad part is you probably thought that would work...

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You guys can stop talking about Alive-Man, and keep talking about FFIX, and just FFIX. That would be uber cool.

I still don't like this game. The battle system just completely ruined it for me. I couldn't take it.
    --Box Box Box Box

And what, pray tell, was wrong with the battle system?

The only thing that I can think of is Auto-Regen was really easy to abuse. The fourth character, set jobs, damage limitation and the Trance system were all vast improvements over the previous FF games.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I thought the battle system was pretty straightforward, especially if you've played other ff games. SOme of the stupid side quests like getting the mini statues and the coffee were kinda dumb, but whatever.

Grrrr

If you knew what was good for you, you'd never say you hate that game again.

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Like eestlinc said, it was straightforward. Except I didn't like that. I thought it was boring. I actually liked the Junction system.
    --Box Box Box Box

HI GEORGE I AM! OK!

I agree if you want to hate a game hate ffx-2
    If you've allready hated it
    hate ff8
    THE BATTLE SYSTEM WAS CRAP!

Quote Originally Posted by rubah
    I didn't like ff9 because I found it to be too much like ff4, a game I found boring to play.

There were some good moments in teh plot that were interesting, but they got overshadowed by something. I'm not sure what.

The music was very nice though.
    Agreed
    The only few problems with final fantasy 9 was that the battle system was MEGA-SLOW (you tell them to attack, the position themselves for a while, then when they're good and ready they decide to attack), having a lot of characters is good but it could've quite easily cut a few out, as at times after they had done what they needed to they had absolutely no relevance to the rest of the storyline
    The storyline was kinda hazy. A lot of the time you were wandering about the world, most of the events you did, didnt really have much relevance to the climax of the game and the purpose of the game. Occasionally I looked back at points in the game and thought "What the hell am i doing here anyway?" at times the game went off tangent. But in the end I felt that ffix didn't have that spark that made me want to continue playing the game. The other final fantasies caught me, captivated me, and lead me on with both the battles and the storyline, whereas in FFIX I really had to force myself to play it, I'm not saying I didn't enjoy playing it, but...you know

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Number
    PS. What do you people have against FFX-2?
    lets face it, FFX-2 was waaaaaaaay to girly. While the idea of class change system during the fight made the fight scenes faster and more action filled, the characters were pretty cool (rikku was AWESOME, but I couldn't stand Yuna by the end of it) It was too superhero girl-power and at times it felt like the three heroes of the game weren't really taking the fate of the world seriously. and the fact that all this trouble sprouted about by a guy loving a girl was SUCH A LETDOWN!!!!!!! After hearing his whole sob story all you wanna do is punch him in the face and yell "Get over it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Light Mage
    FFX-2 would have been so much better as a film...
    It probably would've been better not doing it at all, or recycling it into another ff...

Quote Originally Posted by Crossblades
    At least in FMV they sort of look like real people
    They all looked too asian. I kinda expected Rikku to look more American than asian, the fact that you don't see many asians with hair that blonde is an odd thing about that
    And I'm not trying to put down asians in anyway, if it sounds offensive i didn't intend it to be. Racism is wrong.
    Normally I don't advertise or spam for stuff, but i've decided to set my cause to help a needy forum! so come and join http://s13.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_...ex.php?act=idx

Quote Originally Posted by Light Mage
    I hated it because of the stupid way you would never be able to complete it properly witout relying on knowledge that you could ONLY get from outside of game play.

Stupid, obscure and meaningless tasks you had to accomplish in a certain order, and obscure, irrelevant things you had to do to unlock or get secret stuff.

Things you would NEVER, ever, do naturally unless you ALREADY KNEW that you had to do these tasks, in order to unlock that particular secret.

Combined with the horrific ineptitude that was "the offical players guide" which was nothing more than a book saying "go to our website to find this/that out".

No thanks. That's what I WASTED MY MONEY ON BUYING THE GUIDE BOOK FOR IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!
    Ew you bought a strategy guide book...for a final fantasy game?

Aside from that though I think some people don't like this game just because it's a final fantasy game that takes over a week to beat.

And why is it that near all the ppl who dislike 9 not just dont like it but go on and on that it sucks whenit doesn't not and thats all jsut there opinion it may be a wrong opinion but it is still there opinion
    Last edited by Leprechaun_boy3; 12-08-2005 at 03:15 AM.
    Hurray for Pen and Paper Games!

Yeah... This game was never good...

And I suppose X2 was better?
    Hurray for Pen and Paper Games!